The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine has a Wii and we were playing tennis on Wii sports. When he served he hit a few small lamps that were hanging from the ceiling. But a TV like that is much worse.

Yea, I wish I had researched further before buying it. I never had any locking up issues with Fallout 3 (until today :banghead: )

Which system are you playing it on? If it's 360, install it to your harddrive. Have you downloaded the patch? Is your console's operating system up to date?

I've put in 20+ hours on 360, and it's only froze on me once (which is less than what I experienced with Fallout 3). Some of the other bugs have me far more concerned than freezes do, as they could potentially ruin your game or save files, which is why I haven't played much lately. Waiting on the next round of patches. The bugs seem to happen randomly though. Some, like yourself, have experienced a ton. Then there are others who haven't had anything more than a freeze or two. It's definitely strange.

I purchased Kinect on a whim, and it's considerably better than I ever expected. Sorta shocked how much I liked it to be honest. Motion controls novelty usually wears off pretty quickly for me, but I had an incredibly fun time. I look forward to elbowing my friends in the face "accidentally" while playing.

YouTube - Xbox Kinect FAIL!!!

I think the freezing may be down to our PS3.. which played well this morning (I just learned how to fleece everyone in Caravan galdangit) but now won't read any game discs, blu rays or DVD's. :( What a bummer.

Prior to that happening I had one funny glitch where it looked like a hand was fapping a frag mine. Yes, I installed the patch

Anyone getting the new Call of Duty tomorrow? Mofo, you should PS3 it this time

New Vegas is a wasteland of bugs... see what I did there?

I like it but it's annoying when I can't pick up special weapons laying there right in front of me or when I difuse a bomb in time but it blows up anyhow :tsk:

Unfortunately, the PS3 version has reported far more issues than 360. I'm still not sure how I've hardly seen any issues what so ever. Save often, I guess.

PS - Hi Elfa, you scoundrel.

Anyone getting the new Call of Duty tomorrow? Mofo, you should PS3 it this time

I'm definitely considering it for both. I'll pick it up for 360 first, but if I'm enjoying, I may get it for both so we can play as well.

someone's gonna have to give me a heads up on how call of duty is... i much prefer the infinity ward games to treyarch... world at war did nothing for me.

Infinity Ward essentially no longer exists, so there's no reason to compare any longer. I personally liked World at War FAAAAAAARRRRRR more than Modern Warfare 2, so I have no worries what so ever. Particularly since Treyarch has worked so hard to fix all the absolute shit that Infinity Ward threw into the last game, so that's nice.

Black Ops looks a lot better than World At War. I'm probably buying it Wednesday.

well... the single player stories don't really matter to me. i just liked infinity ward's multiplayer, as subtle as the differences may be, better for whatever reason.

and yes, i know they don't exist anymore.

I was specifically talking about the shit they put into mutliplayer. But yes, you're right, Modern Warfare 2's campaign was atrocious. It's unfortunate Infinity Ward's worst game was their last, but oh wellz.

Kill streaks that add on top of each other, far too powerful perks that essentially everyone ended up using, a massive amount of bugs and glitches in the first two months, dual wielding secondary weapons that are better than any primary weapon in the game, bunny hopping sprinters running around the map with knives only, etc, etc, etc.

Kill streaks that add on top of each other, far too powerful perks that essentially everyone ended up using, a massive amount of bugs and glitches in the first two months, dual wielding secondary weapons that are better than any primary weapon in the game, bunny hopping sprinters running around the map with knives only, etc, etc, etc.

I quite like the idea of the killstreaks adding up. It makes it all the more exciting when I finally get a chopper gunner.
I do hate the sprinters though. That's the worst shit ever.
You're able to dive in Black Ops, right? I wonder how that will end of working out.

So who got Black Ops today? I wandered down the street and got it after work. I've only done multiplayer and its a lot of fun. Probably take some getting used to the maps and stuff though. One question: Anyone find the framerate choppy? One of the good things about MW was how smooth it played. I really hope they're able to patch it, because I find that a bit disappointing

I was dragged along to get it last night for XBox, which means I'll likely never get to play it.

If I had anyone to play with on the PS3, I'd consider, but I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed by the desolate wasteland that it is the PSN.

There never seems to be a shortage of people playing when I sign in. At least for the popular games

New maps coming to Bad Company 2 soon. They've finally redone a couple of the maps from the original and two others from this one.

Also the Vietnam DLC looks pretty good too

I've been thinking about picking up this game, the reviews seem to be pretty good, you think it's worthwhile? Also, get the regular version or the ultimate version that has some extra maps and vip stuff?

Yes, it is a great game and I highly recommend it. If you enjoy having more maps to choose from and a few weapon and gadget perks, Battlefield 1943 and Onslaught Mode I would say go for the Ultimate.. but if you just want to get Regular you can pay 15 additional clams to get a VIP code.

I don't feel the need the need to always play with someone. Sometimes I play with a few friends but definitly not always.
My headset is broke now so I don't have choice.:wink:

One question: Anyone find the framerate choppy? One of the good things about MW was how smooth it played. I really hope they're able to patch it, because I find that a bit disappointing

That sucks! Is it still acting strangely? It's been perfect for me. Wonder if it was a network issue, as I had one match that was really jerky from lag, but it resolved itself after the match. Hopefully it's not an issue with the PS3 version.

Also the Vietnam DLC looks pretty good too

I haven't played the game essentially since the first month we all bought it here, but I may have to get this. I was a Battlefield Vietnam fan back in the day, and it will bring back some fun memories to run around those maps again with better graphics. I had fun with their remake of 1943, it'll be cool to do the Vietnam remake with Bad Company 2 graphics.

I just know NO ONE with a PS3, save about 5 people, so I never have anyone I know to play with.

Haha, every time I log on, I notice you were on an hour before or something. Friggin' time zones.

I don't feel the need the need to always play with someone. Sometimes I play with a few friends but definitly not always.
My headset is broke now so I don't have choice.:wink:

What system do you have? Add me as a friend:

Xbox Live: U2
PSN: OkkervilRiver

That goes for anyone, just send a message saying who you are from here.

haha, dumbass. (edit: the guy with the broken tv, because i didn't realize there were pages after that post i hadn't seen yet)

i hear the black ops commercials are funny.

Been playing New Vegas again, less glitchy. If you need some money, play Caravan with No-bark in Novac, for some reason he's always loaded. I find the geckos to be quite hilarious looking, especially when they're running towards you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom