The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Jumpman Jr. and Ultima IV from computer gaming, especially the latter.

:(

JT, the other day I was on a boat and we were THIS close to Canada. I spit in your country's direction but, I'll admit, my spittle fell short.

I wish you'd buy an Xbox 360.

Were you turned away by our formidable navy?

Have you packed the PS3 away? Or just havent bought any of the new games for it?

Were you turned away by our formidable navy?

Have you packed the PS3 away? Or just havent bought any of the new games for it?

There was some guy in a red parka in a skiff, so I assume that was your Pacific fleet. Not sure.

PS3 is packed away for a few months, and, most of the games I buy that one would want to play on-line are for the Xbox.

How are the Jordan Challenges or whatever they're called? I don't know why, but I want an NBA game again. Last one I had was NBA Streets or something, years ago. It was a ton of fun.

really adds a new element to sports gaming... i know they've had things in games before where you could replay classic games, but never as well done as this one.

and difficult, i might add... the shrug game in particular. to knock down 6 threes when the defense is hanging all over you on every play AND hold drexler to under 20 points for the game is pretty damned difficult.

if and when you complete the 10 jordan challenges, you can use jordan in "my player" mode where you enter him into the draft, or pick what team you want him to be on, and replay his career in the modern NBA... they even change the way jordan looks as his career goes along, from short hair to bald douche-stache.

sadly the hitler stache of current jordan is left out.

frankly i think the best part of the jordan challenges is to remind a new generation of kids not only how good jordan was, but how good the other players and teams of jordan's era were.

really adds a new element to sports gaming... i know they've had things in games before where you could replay classic games, but never as well done as this one.

and difficult, i might add... the shrug game in particular. to knock down 6 threes when the defense is hanging all over you on every play AND hold drexler to under 20 points for the game is pretty damned difficult.

That sounds awesome, and I am seriously considering getting it. Though if it had a mode where I could do nothing as remotely impressive as that and then put on a TV show to announce what overstacked team I was going to play for next year, I'd probably have it by now. Way to go 2K. :angry:

if and when you complete the 10 jordan challenges, you can use jordan in "my player" mode where you enter him into the draft, or pick what team you want him to be on, and replay his career in the modern NBA... they even change the way jordan looks as his career goes along, from short hair to bald douche-stache.

sadly the hitler stache of current jordan is left out.

frankly i think the best part of the jordan challenges is to remind a new generation of kids not only how good jordan was, but how good the other players and teams of jordan's era were.
I think the EA Sports NHL games have probably been the best overall sports franchise this generation of consoles, but with all the positive reviews for the new NBA 2K I think I will be checking it out regardless of not being a big basketball fan.

The whole disaster of EA not getting NBA Elite done by release date is a huge egg-on-face moment for them. Incredibly embarrasing but I think NBA Elite will come back in 2012 with a good product. Dave Littman, the guy they brought on to produce, was responsible for turning the NHL series around into the great experience it currently is. First year products are always hard to deliver and I think they'll rebound (lol) next year.

I guess I'll partake.

Meanwhile the Flying Elfa's are 14-0-3 as a young NSW centers their 2nd line with flair and aplomb. If I knew what I was doing, like, if I could actually use deke moves and shit, we might be 17-0-0. How I've scored a few goals is beyond explanation.

Not surprisingly, I like New Vegas.

NSW, Imps, getting the Red Dead DLC next week? If so, we need a 4th person for optimal zombie slaughter. Beav? Anyone else getting it?

You can just text me. Obviously an evening that doesn't conflict with baseball for either of us. Generally speaking, I'll be down for whenever. Unless, of course, budding new lady friend comes into play. Then all bets are off. Sorry, but I've got to give up zombies for romance.

Imps would rather take the chance
Of losing zombies to find romance
In the invisible distance between a deputy and womaaaaaaaaan

2en94z5.gif

I hate video games but I would just like to say that the new ad for the new Star Wars: Force Unleashed or whatever is really dope.

You guys have seen the ad I'm talking about though, right?

The Sith Lord Vader crashes backwards through a bunch of walls, gets up, busts out his lightsaber, and then some fucker with blue hands stares him down and fires up double lightsabers.

It's dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom