The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I thought this Red Dead Redemption zombie dlc might end up lame, but I'm pretty excited for it after seeing this:

60933_497447515096_51752540096_7330991_5015464_n.jpg

60108_497447490096_51752540096_7330988_666319_n.jpg

60933_497447510096_51752540096_7330990_4706671_n.jpg

60933_497447505096_51752540096_7330989_1768137_n.jpg

The Undead Nightmare Pack holds a different proposition for players to that DLC which has previously been made available, concentrating on the single-player aspect of Red Dead Redemption.

Unleashed upon the world of Red Dead Redemption, the Undead Nightmare Pack will feature an entirely new single-player campaign that follows John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly infectious zombie plague that has spread across the frontier. In addition to the lengthy single-player adventure, the Undead Nightmare Pack features brand new gameplay mechanics, weapons, zombie animals, mythical creatures and even a brand new secret location. All this, plus some new multiplayer modes and much more are set to be revealed prior to launch.

Yeah, that one I'm gonna have to buy.

I also regret to inform the Reach players here that I have put it up on Craigslist. Really don't like it much. Sry.

RB, Fallout 3 is fantastic.

Beav, I'm still on the fence about Halo Reach, but thanks for the feedback.

I told Beav today that I'm going to pick up NHL 2011, and in exchange, he buys a fucking headset. If you think I have a NY accent, wait until you play with this prick.

I miss gaming. :( I should be back on LIVE by Thursday or so.

Headphones secured. Let's go play 60 minutes of 0-0 hockey! I cannot score to save my life. It's like High School all over again.

I dropped out of the online Reach as I wasn't diggin it too much. I think MW2 spoiled me. I feel like with Reach you have no choices - it just drops you in with the same weapons, and off you go....and maybe I just needed to get used to the modes, but half the time I didn't know WTF I was supposed to be doing, and every game was something new - skulls, flags, teams, no team, Elite, Spartan....WTF? I dunno, I got frustrated.

Started Uncharted 2 (which I just realized was Uncharted, I always thought it was Unchartered, which probably isn't even a word.) I wasn't a big fan of the first, but I hear so much about the 2nd, I thought I'd give it a chance. It's def better, but still hasn't won me over.

Only the finest quality goods please me. Did you play both Uncharteds? Did you like them?

I really like the story and dialogue in these games, very funny. The first one, the endless waves of bad guys got old fast. So far, UC2 has been much better. The battles are more fun, so that's good. I'm only like an hour in.

I have played both. I really liked the first one, but for some reason, had low expectations, so I was pleased. I agree about the endless wave of bad guys though. Uncharted 2 is awesome because they mix up the gameplay so much. the only thing that bothers me about the series is the supernatural shit they seem to want to throw in.

Uncharted 2 was probably my favorite game of last year. :up:

I've been playing Dead Rising 2 a little the last few nights, it's been fun so far.

Hopefully there's some sort of coop zombie slaughter.

Red Dead is in my trunk, along with GOW2. So, I'm down for some zombie death.

Headphones secured. Let's go play 60 minutes of 0-0 hockey! I cannot score to save my life. It's like High School all over again.

I dropped out of the online Reach as I wasn't diggin it too much. I think MW2 spoiled me. I feel like with Reach you have no choices - it just drops you in with the same weapons, and off you go....and maybe I just needed to get used to the modes, but half the time I didn't know WTF I was supposed to be doing, and every game was something new - skulls, flags, teams, no team, Elite, Spartan....WTF? I dunno, I got frustrated.

Started Uncharted 2 (which I just realized was Uncharted, I always thought it was Unchartered, which probably isn't even a word.) I wasn't a big fan of the first, but I hear so much about the 2nd, I thought I'd give it a chance. It's def better, but still hasn't won me over.

I'll buy the game today or tomorrow, depending on how long it takes me to get home today.

Uncharted 2 was a blast.

It's jive--turkey
....I think :scratch: I'm pretty sure

Just PS3 though. What's yours? I'll add you if I've given you the wrong name

Anybody happen to like the Uncharted series? I'm pondering whether or not to get them.

Please see the below comments from higher up on the page.

I really like the story and dialogue in these games, very funny. So far, UC2 has been much better. The battles are more fun, so that's good.

Uncharted 2 is awesome

Uncharted 2 was probably my favorite game of last year.

Uncharted 2 was a blast.

Oh, thank yoU! Those were really helpful. :up:

But I totally dropped the ball on that one. :doh: LOL.

Not a problem, it happens. If you pick up the Uncharted games, let us know your PSN Username, as some of us here still play from time to time.

Just a few weeks until New Vegas is out, Gravy Hater.

Cannot wait.

As some of you know, NHL 11 was purchased today, along with Tiger Woods 11 and Final Fantasy XIII. I haven't played too many sports titles the last few years, outside of baseball, so I'm looking forward to checking Beav/Impy into oblivion and then playing some Ryder Cup action when my mood is calmer.

And, of course, GOW2 can and will be played at a moment's notice with whatever pack of idiots wants to play....

:D

I know Uncharted 2 is great, but is Uncharted worth playing as well? Do you guys recommend buying both games and playing them in order?

I would. There are a few story elements that carry over. I think you'll care more about the characters if you play the first one first

What do you play, Mr. Jive?

Well, lately not much of anything, but hopefully I'll start up again soon. I was playing Battlefield 2 for a while, but the last few times I've been on, it's been MW2. I might even get the newest dlc even though $15 is a little expensive. Apart from that, RDR once in a while... and not much else. I tend to get obsessed with one game at a time and play the shit out of it

Well, lately not much of anything, but hopefully I'll start up again soon. I was playing Battlefield 2 for a while, but the last few times I've been on, it's been MW2. I might even get the newest dlc even though $15 is a little expensive. Apart from that, RDR once in a while... and not much else. I tend to get obsessed with one game at a time and play the shit out of it
Oh I understand that entirely.
Ridiculous good or bad?

We picked up Naughty Bear for kicks. It's good for about three hours and then the novelty wears off.

IMO, good.

My little brother got that game, he seemed to enjoy it, but was a little troubled with the idea of pushing teddy bears into furnaces.

There must be something wrong with me. I enjoyed it quite a fair bit.. if they had put a little more time into it I think it would be a top ten. But the same weapons, same sounds gets old fasts these days.

I saw Fallout 3 today, but didn't pick it up. I'll have to wait til next pay :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom