The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nine months late for this but I'm totally addicted to Mass Effect 2 right now. I'd only played bits of it beforehand, but finally found a new copy on special the other day (it's still pretty expensive here). I haven't played Starcraft II yet, but having played most of the other big console releases this year, I'd say that ME2 is almost definitely my GOTY.

I'm nine months late for this but I'm totally addicted to Mass Effect 2 right now. I'd only played bits of it beforehand, but finally found a new copy on special the other day (it's still pretty expensive here). I haven't played Starcraft II yet, but having played most of the other big console releases this year, I'd say that ME2 is almost definitely my GOTY.

ME2 is sublime, glad you're enjoying it.

I need to finish it at some point. Playing it immediately after going through the first game almost twice burned me out. It also stresses me out to play it, as i don't want to screw up and let any of the characters die, and I want to keep all of them loyal and such.

I need to finish it at some point. Playing it immediately after going through the first game almost twice burned me out. It also stresses me out to play it, as i don't want to screw up and let any of the characters die, and I want to keep all of them loyal and such.

I lost one crew member at the end, thought that wasn't so bad.

I had the guts to risk someone's life in the name of saving the Universe, Scumbo.

Do you?

NHL11 = bought. Does anyone know if you can import a Be A Pro from NHL09? If not, I'll start a new guy, and instead of giving him my name and Trent Hunter's likeness, I shall create a man name Vladislav Bootfukker because that's a pretty awesome name, I think. He will tower over fools, have hands of gold and moves like silk. But he will also be rougher than tougher and rougher tougher than tough! Ah with a voice like thunder, words of wonder
over all standin tall and the suckers fall under. Possessed with power, cowards will cower, dogs we devour hour hour after hour.

In my quest to play all popular games I've missed I've now started Uncharted 2.

I never played NHL10 - but 11 is definitely a refinement of what they had in NHL09 - which I loved. Graphically it seems almost a generation removed - or maybe it's just been a while since I played it, but it's fantastic looking. Controls are smooth, but the slight changes need some getting used to.

Also - the new modes - USEAHL or whatever it is, I have no idea what's going on. I got packets of hockey cards of players I've never heard of, in leagues I never heard of...I can't imagine enjoying that. Started the GM mode as well, but I'm lost there too. I'll just stick to Be A Pro.

More like Grunt. Friggin' NSW.

Fuck, he would.

Finished it last night. Holy shit, that's one of the best gaming experiences I've had in years, without a doubt. I started Dragon Age today but nothing about it really compares at all. ME3 is bumped right up to the top of my most anticipated games now.

Tali got shot in the head and Miranda died without much fanfare at the end, I guess cause I favoured Jack over her when they had that bitchfest. Everyone else survived. I blew up the joint. Shepard was a sassy black woman and she fucked Thane.
crossarmsco2.gif

I'm sure a few of you are aware of Enslaved: Odyssey of the West, the current project of the team behind Heavenly Sword. Even if you aren't, this might make you excited: Hands-on with Enslaved: Odyssey to the West- Destructoid

Sad Punk, not sure if you downloaded any of the ME2 DLC, but you definitely should at least get the most recent, Lair of the Shadow Broker. It just came out a few days ago, and it's getting phenomenal reviews. I've played the first DLC (Kasumi), it was fun, but short. It's cool to have another crew member though, and her abilities are pretty awesome. I have the second DLC, but haven't played it yet.

Is it worth buying Mass Effect 2 (when it comes out for PS3) without having played the first one?

Alright, I think I'm going to get Reach. You and me, Scums. Let's do this.

Also, I need to get NHL11 after skipping out on last year. 09 consumed my life.

Sweet. Reach is actually looking really good, Imps. I'm getting more and more excited for it. Even if you decide to not even play multiplayer, it'll be worth it for the campaign and Firefight alone.

I haven't had an NHL game since the original Xbox I think.... I really like sports games, I just seem to only buy them every 3 or 4 years (so that they actually feel like improvements over the last time I played it).

Oh, I'll be playing multiplayer. At least giving it a shot, despite the fact that the Halo games easily have the worst online community going in terms of douchebags and/or children. LANing the original in high school, playing 4v4 CTF on Hang Em High and Blood Gulch? Some of my best video game memories ever. And I played the shit out of H2 and H3 online before getting entirely sick of the latter. Good chance I'll get back into it. Lord knows I need something to get me to stop playing MW2.

I didn't play ODST, so Firefight is going to be a completely new experience. But if it's half as much fun as Hording it up with you bitches, I'll be a quick convert.

I went to a LAN party once in high school. Holy shit that was awesome.

I have so many fond memories attached to the original Halo, and, yeah, the multiplayer...players are mostly d-bags, but it's the ONLY game I will return to online again and again and again.

$400 for the Reach xBox. Not going to happen, but at least I know my step-dad will be buying the game, so I'll get a little playtime on it before I (finally) move out of my mother's house.

I might get NHL 11.

AS I've said to you guys before, I missed the whole Halo thing and so it's just too late for me....hope you guys enjoy Reach, though!

NHL11 is sweet. I'm getting into GM mode - I SIM all the games, since I want to feel like a GM. I've been trying to make some trades, but all my players suck, so no one wants them. I did sign Kovalchuck though. :happy:

My Be a Pro guy sucks this year though. I cannot friggin score, no idea what I'm doing wrong, or if it just got much harder.

I got the email from best buy that I can pick up reach tmw. I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a game, but they had a $20 gift card with pre-order, so I figured why not.

Finishing up Fable 2. Not bad, but definitely nothing I'll ever revisit. Gets rather redundant.

Imp - what's your gamertag?

RB - they have EVERYTHING in there. I'm pretty sure if I went out and bought a stick and sent my info to EA they'd throw me in there as a player. It's amazing how much is in there. It's a shame that it doesn't mean anything to me.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom