The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh so I bought RDR this afternoon, didn't realise it was released today here, but I'm not complaining. Only played the single player so far but it's really good shit, the horse controls feel quite unnatural at first but after a while they're not so hard to pick up. Hunting and skinning is more fun than I thought it'd be. I've noticed a few dodgy textures and clipping, but otherwise the graphics are great, with the landscapes being the major standout. Don't really have much to say yet, mainly because I want to get back to playing right now. So yeah. It's really good.

shooting bad guys riding horses while chasing them on a horse = :up:

shooting bad guys on a train while chasing them on a horse = :up: :up:

dead eye targeting = :up: :up: :up:

Your comments were probably removed because of your extreme love of horse slaughter.

I didn't see your comments, what did you say?

It should go without saying for me, but I absolutely adore this game. It's going to be a very nerdy weekend.

thinking back, I may have started writing a comment, got sidetracked, and didnt push enter.
Anyway, I got it a few days back and its awesome. I played for a long time on Wednesday. The dead eye thing is so bad ass. The characters are pretty hilarious too. Seth is awesome.
I havent done much multiplayer except on the day I got it. Noticed a big glitch though. At one point, I whistled for my donkey and when he showed up, he was invisible. So I jumped on and was riding an invisible donkey around the desert. Then another time, I was invisible as well. I'm sure they'll probably fix that with the next patch.
But ya, its such a cool game :up:

The invisibility thing was patched yesterday, actually. It was a behind the scenes patch. People are saying it's working better now. Oddly, the glitches only occurred in public free roam, not in private, single player, or competitive multiplayer. I put in a night of multiplayer on Wednesday with some friends. We had 6 people in a posse, and we were cruising around with all of us in a stage coach, shooting everything we could see. Pretty funny. We found some fortress on the Mexico side of the map that has cannons and gatling guns, we killed everything in site, to the point that the army started attacking the fortress. We held them off with cannons for like an hour, laughing the entire time.

On single player, I think I've spent 75% of my time doing the hunting and sharp shooter challenges, I'm addicted to that stuff.

You don't need to be playing online games to log into PSN. What else have you been playing?

FYI, NSW finally got hooked on Fallout. He seriously played through the entire game, and all of the DLC, in like a week and a half.

Send me $50 and I'll join your posse. I'm quite invaluable at all these games since I seem to whip everyone's ass around here in online gameplay. Yeah, I said it, bitch!

I enjoyed GTA4 for the first week or two I had it, and then got really frustrated with the mission structure and lack of saving, and was annoyed by the terrible shooting mechanics. I've probably already put more time into this than I did GTA4, and I'm still incredibly hooked. The physics engine and the format of how you acquire the "story missions" is the same structurally as at least GTA4 was, but most of the complaints about that game have been fixed or refined, and the general setting and overall game play ends up feeling quite different because of the period. For big "open world" type game, this is probably the best there is (and you know how much I loved / worshiped Fallout 3), and the most "real" feeling world as well. It's also far and away the best "western" game there's been, and the uniqueness of that setting really pays off in making it fun and interesting to play. This is one that you could possibly rent for a week to decide if you like it enough to buy. It's absolutely enormous game, and there's tons to do outside of just the main quest type things. I've seriously put a major amount of time into it already, and I'm only like 20% through the single player. It seems like the type of game to me that most people could find at least something they love in it.

Plus, you could ride in a posse with NSW and I over Xbox Live, and commit old timey hate crimes against both man and nature.

I enjoyed GTA4 for the first week or two I had it, and then got really frustrated with the mission structure and lack of saving, and was annoyed by the terrible shooting mechanics. I've probably already put more time into this than I did GTA4, and I'm still incredibly hooked. The graphics / physics engine, and the format of how you acquire the "story missions" is the same structurally as at least GTA4 was, but most of the complaints about that game have been fixed or refined, and the general setting and overall game play ends up feeling quite different because of the period. For big "open world" type game, this is probably the best there is (and you know how much I loved / worshiped Fallout 3), and the most "real" feeling world as well. It's also far and away the best "western" game there's been, and the uniqueness of that setting really pays off in making it fun and interesting to play. This is one that you could possibly rent for a week to decide if you like it enough to buy. It's absolutely enormous game, and there's tons to do outside of just the main quest type things. I've seriously put a major amount of time into it already, and I'm only like 20% through the single player. It seems like the type of game to me that most people could find at least something they love in it.

Plus, you could ride in a posse with NSW and I over Xbox Live, and commit old timey hate crimes against both man and nature.

Awesome. Thank you. Maybe I'll pick it up one of these days. Is there horse thieving? Are there sheep? I'm part Scottish, so I like sheep. I can't help it. Don't judge me.

Also - is this a sequel to the other Red Dead game? I remember hearing that one sucked.

I haven't actually seen sheep yet, but there's pretty much every animal that would have existed in Texas and Mexico, so there may be some later. Yes, you can steal horses, but it's more fun to just shoot your posse member's horses in the head while they're riding them.

I didn't play the other one, so I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure I've heard they have no relation other than the name. I think Rock Star just bought the franchise name, and decided to use it for some reason.

Yes, you can steal horses, but it's more fun to just shoot your posse member's horses in the head while they're riding them.

I thoroughly enjoyed riding in the back of a stagecoach with my entire posse, then shooting one of the horses in the head and having it fall to the ground and get run over by said stagecoach

Haha, one of my douchebag friends did the same thing while I was driving the coach.

I got the achievement for hogtying a woman, putting her on the railroad tracks, and watching her get ran over by the train tonight. "Dastardly".

Messed up, but pretty funny to try to get.

I got the achievement for hogtying a woman, putting her on the railroad tracks, and watching her get ran over by the train tonight. "Dastardly".

I really hope you had no idea that was an achievement until after you did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom