The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NSW, I almost messaged you about Dragon Age last night. I love Bioware games, and am sure I'd enjoy this one as well, but I just have so much other stuff. I found out it was just released for the Mac last week, and am tempted to get it on that, as I've heard the computer controls gives the action and fighting in the game more depth as you can plan and do more than is possible on the console versions. Then again, I doubt it would look as good on my Mac as it would on the PS3. Who knowz. As I mentioned before, I have so many other things I need to finish already, I should probably wait.

NSW, I really think Uncharted 2 might be up your alley. It's third person, so your Gears skills would transfer over to a good extent. Just imagine a Gears game where you are much more nimble and quick and can climb up the sides of buildings and mountains. JT says it's possibly his favorite game of all time, and I can easily see where he's coming from, it's the type of thing I can't imagine anyone who plays it won't love. You should really consider it. The campaign is one of the best I've played in any sort of action game in years. I haven't done much of the versus multiplayer stuff, but the coop stuff is an absolute blast (horde type modes, some objective modes, etc).

Mikal, while I've been a Negative Nelly about the Wii for the last year and a half (and haven't turned mine on in over a year), I have definitely been tempted by that new Mario game. Not sure if you like any of those old arcade rail shooter type games (where you aim the controller at the screen like a gun and shoot foolish suckas), but the Wii has quite a few solid ones. Mario Galaxy is a must as well, it's a blast.

Scumbo, I will probably give Uncharted 2 a shot. I have the first Uncharted game, never played it. Little Big Planet looks like fun.

I hope I like Arkham Asylum.

I hear you about having so many other games. Get to it one day, though....sort of a Mass Effect/Obilvion combo, though, not as good as my beloved Oblivion.

I have a Mac, too, but never really play any games on it. My gf plays Sims 3 and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 on my Mac, though.

If I bought a Mac game, it would likely be one of those Civilization games.

I have the first Uncharted game, never played it.

:ohmy: get on that. At least play it before you play the new one. You'll get to know the characters and understand their relationship to one another when you get to the new one. For real, they're both amazing games

2.jpg

Fuck.

that happened to me earlier this year. luckily, they fixed it and returned it rather quickly.

This is my third time. They turn them around very quickly, but it still really blows. Thank G-d I got a BD player for Christmas, otherwise I wouldn't even be able to watch DVDs while the Xbox is out of commission.

I still haven't gotten a replacement Xbox yet. Glad I made a BD player purchase as well.

Speaking of buying stuff, would anyone be interested in purchasing Ghostbusters for the 360 off of me?

New? Had yours red ring of death-ed as well?

JT and I played some Uncharted 2 for a few hours this afternoon. I don't know how many times our random third player would let us both die, but I had a number of laughs as it kept going on. My favorite moment was JT and I standing in front of each other throwing punches for no reason while our third teammate was standing around waiting for us. We must have pissed him off, as he ended up throwing a grenade at us that bounced off JT and then exploded and took JT and the guy who threw it down. I revived JT and we both just stood there doing the "point and laugh" taunt while he was down. Good times.

Single-ringed, but a red ring nonetheless. Picked up a new Arcade and stuck on my hard drive and I'm good to go.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 will be my next conquest.

New? Had yours red ring of death-ed as well?

JT and I played some Uncharted 2 for a few hours this afternoon. I don't know how many times our random third player would let us both die, but I had a number of laughs as it kept going on. My favorite moment was JT and I standing in front of each other throwing punches for no reason while our third teammate was standing around waiting for us. We must have pissed him off, as he ended up throwing a grenade at us that bounced off JT and then exploded and took JT and the guy who threw it down. I revived JT and we both just stood there doing the "point and laugh" taunt while he was down. Good times.

lol, that got a good laugh out of me too. Good times. Hey Tiger Edge, when you getting in on the fun?

Anyone on xbox live? I finally caved and got a three month card.. been playing alot of Bad Company and Halo 3.. though just picked up ODST the other day as well ( fiance doesn't want me playing ODST until I playthrough 3 first... graaar.)

Mikal at one new years party we played one of the mario parties all night.. drunk off our arses. It was my first time playing it.. and I kept winning lol.

lol, that got a good laugh out of me too. Good times. Hey Tiger Edge, when you getting in on the fun?

I've actually been playing Uncharted quite religiously this past week (I went from a 27 ran to a 37, thanks to the double , when I haven't been out, of course. It seems that we are not synchronized.

I'm playing it right now actually.

I finished Assassin's Creed 2 today. I wasn't expecting much, but it was far less repetitive than I was expecting, although the combat was a bit boring at times. There's a lot of stuff to do and the production is great, so it's worth checking out at least for a hire.

The ending is fucking retarded, though.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is pretty fucking awesome. Playing through it again on Legendary so I can pick up The Hulk.

I'm finally starting to find my way on MW2. I'm starting to record regularly solid numbers.

What custom classes do you guys tend to roll with on there?

I will add my praise to Uncharted 2 - best game of the year.

Also, finally finished The Pitt so unless I change my mind about the other DLCs, my Fallout 3 experience has come to an end :(

I think I might try it again in rotten bastard mode :hmm:

Well that stinks if you're gong to stop with The Pitt, as you're stopping before the actual "good" pieces of DLC.

Well if so many of us finally have Uncharted 2 now, the cooping needs to become a reality. I want more chances to do the "point and laugh" as my teammates bleed out in front of me.

I believe the MAG beta servers should be up now. You PS3 peeps should dl it, and we can take on hundreds of people at once.

So, I am starting Arkham Asylum on the 360 soon, and will start playing Little Big Planet on the PS3 soon, too.

Lastly, I soon might once again play GOW2. We'll see.

Here's the craziest shit ever:

I am playing Little Big Planet NOW and will start playing Arkham Asylum on the 360 soon, too.

Lastly, I soon might once again play GOW2. We'll see.

LBP - yeah, I'm kinda not loving it as much as I expected to. It's kinda fucking annoying. But it is beautiful. And some of the music is just awesome (the Spanish part has been in my head for a week or so.) But I dunno...I guess I'm just not a platformer type guy. Don't make me a bad person.

u2pm, have you tried MAG yet? I played it for a few minutes today. Its not too bad, though I really didnt know what was going on. I have a problem with videogames right now though. It seems that MW2 and Uncharted 2 have ruined all other games for me. They're so awesome that everything else pales in comparison. I really need Bioshock 2 to come out soon. I was thinking of checking out Demon's Souls. Do I remember one of you talking about it a little while back? I'm not a big rpg fan, so should I stay away?

I haven't tried MAG yet, JT. I like Demon's Souls, but it's an acquired taste, as it's pretty brutal in how unforgiving it is. You die, you lose all your accumulated "souls" (which work as both money and experience). You then have a chance go try to get your shiz in ghost form, but if you die again before getting it, you lose it all. It isn't uber-heavy on the RPG side of things, it plays kinda like Diablo or something like that, but there are some RPG elements I guess.

I think I hate this guy:

YouTube - Modern Warfare 2: Spas 12 Ownage - Sandy Ravage

I hate those fuckers who run around with 2 shotguns almost as much as I hate riot shield douche bags

I haven't tried MAG yet, JT. I like Demon's Souls, but it's an acquired taste, as it's pretty brutal in how unforgiving it is. You die, you lose all your accumulated "souls" (which work as both money and experience). You then have a chance go try to get your shiz in ghost form, but if you die again before getting it, you lose it all. It isn't uber-heavy on the RPG side of things, it plays kinda like Diablo or something like that, but there are some RPG elements I guess.

I still dont have fallout. would that be a better choice?

Nothing pleases me more than knifing a guy using Marathon to just run around knifing. I watched a guy running over to the building I was in and just waited by the door to stab the shit out of him. It was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom