The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much. Actually, Bad Company 2 supposedly performs better on PS3, so I guess doing something for that filthy Canadian this once might not be such a bad thing.

I may pick it up on the way home from work tonight if I have time.

Oh. So we're all slave to JT's whims?

slavebeav.jpg

Pretty much. Actually, Bad Company 2 supposedly performs better on PS3, so I guess doing something for that filthy Canadian this once might not be such a bad thing.

I may pick it up on the way home from work tonight if I have time.

This filthy Canadian is going to go out right now to get it

Apparently you can get free maps and other downloads if you actually buy it brand new (it has one of those in game download things like Mass Effect 2 did), so it's worth the extra $5 to not buy it used.

JT and I played for a number of hours tonight, it's a lot of fun. Had a number of humorous moments. JT was driving an ATV, I spawned in behind him on it. I look over and there's a guy on the other team riding an ATV right along side of us. I shot him in the face and he went flying off of his ATV as we kept driving. Later, we decided to cover an ATV in C4, then JT drove it right up to an enemy, and and I detonated it on the guy. It was quite entertaining. Last night, I shot a helicopter out of the sky with a rocket. It was a proud moment.

JT, do you know about marking enemies and targets? If you hit the select button (or is it the back button on PS3? You know what I mean) when an enemy is in your sights, it will tag him for everyone on your team to see. If someone else kills him, you still get points for tagging. Same with taking one of the flags, if you tag it and you or someone in your squad helps take it, you get extra points. There have been some matches where I'll be sniping, and I'll only get like 4 kills, but I'll have 20+ assists from all the tagging.

Man, that was a quality time. I still think i like the perks and kill streaks from MW2 more, but getting to ride in vehicles and blow the shit out of buildings is awesome. I cant believe how long we played for yesterday.
I did know about marking enemies, but only when i had the special sight on my sniper rifle. I dont think I had to press any buttons though. I just tracked them with it and it gave me tagging points. I had no idea you could tag the flags too. I'll have to rack up some cheap points with it tonight.
So far, the desert maps are my favourite. The one with all the vehicles is a lot of fun, though it seems to turn into a bit of a greco roman cluster fuck. The other one is sweet for sniping

The more you progress, the more "perk" type things you open. I have the ability to move faster, ability to carry more ammo, and a bunch of vehicle things. I think they all work much more "fair" than Call of Duty though. For example, I unlocked the long distance scope for the sniper class. If you want to use it, you can't use the "run faster" or "carry more ammo" perk. So you can make yourself better at something, but not everything. Gives you far more of a chance when you're just starting out. Think of how badly we'd still be doing if it was like Call of Duty.

Have you tried to fly the helicopter yet? I haven't tried, but I randomly spawned in the gunner seat once when someone in my squad was flying it. I attempted to shoot at some stuff, and we got blown out of the air 20 seconds later.

Have you tried to fly the helicopter yet? I haven't tried, but I randomly spawned in the gunner seat once when someone in my squad was flying it. I attempted to shoot at some stuff, and we got blown out of the air 20 seconds later.

I have flown the helicopter. Its fun though a little hard to control. I think being the secondary gunner is better since you can concentrate on shooting without having to line the nose up with the target.

Or he'll pilot a mini helicopter and try to fly it into your head.

This was hilarious to watch. Even funnier since I had just sniped some guy who was coming in to take that flag, and I turn around to see JT trying to land a helicopter on your head. I expected a rocket to take both of you out at any moment, but it unfortunately didn't happen.

Did you get the new maps? I watched one of my friends play them briefly last week.

I think I've just played too much COD over the last few years, I burned out on this one far faster than any of the previous games.

COD at least needs destructive environments for the next installment. But I still think that Search and Destroy on MW1, 2 is the best game mode of either franchise. No respawning keeps people from running around like retards. But like U2PM, I burned out on MW2 faster than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom