The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wrong. but holy crap, how did I not notice Malcolm McDowell was Daedalus???

That's cool. Apparently they had Harry Hamlin do Perseus on the last game, so I guess it's not the first time they grabbed someone who played that character elsewhere to do the voice work for them in the game.

You may be further than I am, JT. I played some Mass Effect this weekend instead of God of War. I've played through all the parts you've mentioned though. I'm at the garden maze part, hopefully I get to smack Zeus' wife at some point.

Why don't any of you dickheads play The Show. Can't you, like me, put down the chainsaw or sword or staff for a few days?

Fuckers.

I'd throw a fastball right at your head.

You may be further than I am, JT.

I had an embarrassing sunday marathon yesterday and beat it. for shame.

Why don't any of you dickheads play The Show. Can't you, like me, put down the chainsaw or sword or staff for a few days?

Fuckers.

I'd throw a fastball right at your head.

I only play baseball games with murderous robits

Basewars-1--article_image.jpg

JT, that may actually be the last baseball video game I played (if you don't count Wii Sports Baseball, which I don't).

There was an old school arcade game called "Pigskin" and the game would give you words of wisdom like "Always carry a concealed weapon", etc. If one team took too big of a lead on the other, the game would "SEND IN THE TROLL", a character that pretty much couldn't be tackled, blocked, etc. I think the game was actually played inside of a house. Maybe I dreamed it.

I had a bunch of credit at Gamestop, so I picked up Mass Effect 2 during lunch today since we were close to the store. I'm not even done with the first one yet!

There was an old school arcade game called "Pigskin" and the game would give you words of wisdom like "Always carry a concealed weapon", etc. If one team took too big of a lead on the other, the game would "SEND IN THE TROLL", a character that pretty much couldn't be tackled, blocked, etc. I think the game was actually played inside of a house. Maybe I dreamed it.

This made me laugh.

Not a dream though:
I-Mockery.com - Pigskin: The Best Football Video Game Ever!

pigskin-6.gif

My playstation doesn't read any discs anymore.:angry: And I just bought Battlefield today. :hmm:

Ouch, that sucks! Have you tried completely unplugging it and flipping the power switch in the back? The system doesn't really restart with the general off button in front, it more goes into a "stand by" mode. A real restart requires the power button in back (or the power cord). What's your PSN gamertag by the way, nielsgov? I'm OkkervilRiver on PSN.

I'm very close to finishing the first Mass Effect, I think I just have the very last level of the main story left. Had a cool story twist happen last night when I was playing. I'm impressed how good the story is considering it's a game, it's been great even by Bioware standards in that department. I did every possible side quest (at least that I could find). Hoping to get my character to level 50 on the first play through, I'm at 48 now.

Ouch, that sucks! Have you tried completely unplugging it and flipping the power switch in the back? The system doesn't really restart with the general off button in front, it more goes into a "stand by" mode. A real restart requires the power button in back (or the power cord). What's your PSN gamertag by the way, nielsgov? I'm OkkervilRiver on PSN.

I'm very close to finishing the first Mass Effect, I think I just have the very last level of the main story left. Had a cool story twist happen last night when I was playing. I'm impressed how good the story is considering it's a game, it's been great even by Bioware standards in that department. I did every possible side quest (at least that I could find). Hoping to get my character to level 50 on the first play through, I'm at 48 now.

This is not a spolier, but please know that you can carry your character from ME over to ME2, and a decision or two you make towards the end of ME does have future ramifications. So, make sure that when you finish you do all the proper saving, etc.

This is not a spolier, but please know that you can carry your character from ME over to ME2, and a decision or two you make towards the end of ME does have future ramifications. So, make sure that when you finish you do all the proper saving, etc.

Cool, I'd heard you can import your character and it changes some parts of the story. Pretty cool idea. I'll make sure to save everything up at the end.

With how much I enjoyed it, I'm pissed at myself that I had the game since it came out and I just played it now. I probably would have played through it more than once with different types of characters had I played it when it came out. My bad.

Cool, I'd heard you can import your character and it changes some parts of the story. Pretty cool idea. I'll make sure to save everything up at the end.

With how much I enjoyed it, I'm pissed at myself that I had the game since it came out and I just played it now. I probably would have played through it more than once with different types of characters had I played it when it came out. My bad.

Well, better late than never, and, you can always play ME2 a few times.

It's Belgium-Blizzard.

I treid everything but it didn't work so I brought it to the store today. They didn't know when I will get it back.

I thought you might like that, JT.

Yes, Japanese people are crazy.

I finally finished both God of War 3 and Mass Effect the last few days. Both were great. Started on Mass Effect 2 earlier today. Only played 40 mins or so, but it's freaking awesome.

Did any of you guys end up getting Battlefield Bad Company 2? I'm thinking of picking it up sometime this week. I cant blow up buildings in MW2 and I want to do that

Did any of you guys end up getting Battlefield Bad Company 2? I'm thinking of picking it up sometime this week. I cant blow up buildings in MW2 and I want to do that

Let me know if you do, as I'll probably copy you and pick it up as well so I have someone to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom