Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #961
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I'm looking forward to it tomorrow. Enjoyed the first one, and IGN really seemed to love the sequel. Saying it's the best survival horror game this gen is certainly not a bad thing.

I'm not looking forward to being freaked out every night for the next few weeks though.
Damn you! If tomorrow wasn't a public holiday over here, I'd be playing it then!

Me neither. I'm also regretting ordering the collectors edition, because over here it seems the PS3 version gets shafted of getting the little Plasma cutter in the box. Instead we get some DLC for an a gun an suit or something. Would have preferred the cutter.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #962
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
That's why I got the Limited Edition COD MW2 Xbox.... came with the game... upgrade from 20GB to 250GB... new controllers...

After selling the other one, I was pretty much spending about 100 extra minus the game/controllers.

Considering I got a new xbox (LE at that) for the same price as a 250GB HDD, cheaper actually, you should look into an investment like that.

Or just buy a 16GB flash drive .
Not a bad idea. I think the PS3 Harddrive is fairly easy to replace though. I looked into it a while back and you dont even need the official Playstation harddrive. They made it so you can use any brand as long as it's the right size. I can pick up 250g for around $65. the pain will be getting all my old info onto the new drive, as all my computer gear is formatted for mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
You can delete games you no longer play or have from there, JT. I believe the save files are separate from the required installs, so you can free up what you need. PS3's unfortunately fill up quick that way, the interface for deleting things is not as straight forward as 360 is either.
I went through and deleted a bunch of stuff a while ago (goodbye MGS4 and good riddance) and even some old save files that I didn't really need. Still managed to fill it up between then and now. I think it's just saturated and I need to start fresh

Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #963
Blue Crack Addict

I still have the 80GB hard drive, and its still got loads of space. I don't know how anyone manages to fill them. I guess if you use it as a full on media player...but I just run all my other stuff off external hard drives.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #964
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
I still have the 80GB hard drive, and its still got loads of space. I don't know how anyone manages to fill them. I guess if you use it as a full on media player...but I just run all my other stuff off external hard drives.

Na, you can fill your HDD if you like to download your discs directly to your HDD.

You still need the disc to play the game (so people cant break the copywrite laws), but it stops the disc from spinning, making your console quieter and cooler. Also, load-times are generally faster, and the game runs crisper. On top of all of that, by keeping the console cooler, you preserve your console and limit the risks of overheating to almost zero.

A typical game is anywhere from 4GB to 8GB... take into account that the xbox already uses a percentage of the HDD... the 65GB on your 80GB can fill up pretty fast.

It should never be an issue though, because you should realize that you can just delete games that you never play off of your HDD.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #965
ONE
love, blood, life

I dont use my PS3 for anything other than games. I have no downloadable games (but have one mw2 and bc2 dlc). Still, my whole thing is full. I only have a 40 gig though
Old 01-25-2011, 02:29 AM   #966
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Whoops! Scratch that back to 1 and 2, with 3 sucking.

Good catch. It's been so long since I've played em. AoE 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. AoE 3 just became all complex and goofy graphics oriented... didn't like that.
Fair enough! I loved AoE 3 personally, but it definitely wasn't for everyone. Have you looked at Age Online yet? It has very cartoony graphics (think an ancient Team Fortress 2), as well as some MMO features (leveling up your civs, similar to AOE3's home cities) but otherwise I've heard pretty good things about it, also it's going to be free except for DLC, so that's a bonus. So far I know there's the Greeks and Egyptians, so no guns or cannons this time.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:32 AM   #967
ONE
love, blood, life

Eh I'm more into the sandbox and campaign aspects of the RTS games, just because I collapse under the pressure online lol.

Which is why AoE II is like... the greatest game ever. It's pretty much a history lesson in a slaughterhouse video game
Old 01-25-2011, 03:11 AM   #968
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:26 AM
That's cool, they're introducing co-op online missions as well, so in a sense you can do campaigns with friends if you want. I didn't play AOE2 as much as the first one and Mythology, but yeah, it's a great game, although I'm not as into the medieval era as much as ancient.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #969
ONE
love, blood, life

That actually sounds pretty awesome... maybe I'll read into it. Give it a second chance lol.

AoM is the same graphical design as AoE, right? If you haven't really played too much of AoE II, I really reccomend it. Tons of fun, even for just screwing around with the sandbox or the funny cheats.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #970
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 01:56 PM
Dead Space 2 is officially awesome.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #971
Blue Crack Addict

Sweet

Hold the spoilers, I'm getting it tonight, and I hope it doesn't take me 2.5 years to finish, like the first one.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #972
Blue Meth Addict

I won't spoil anything, but let me say some basics:

The graphics are EXTREMELY impressive. Based on videos, I wasn't even sure if it would look any different than the original, but I'm shocked how fantastic they are. Really impressive.

They made great improvements over everything people complained about the first one, it seems. I only played the first 3 or 4 hours maybe, and have had a lot of varied environments and enemies.

The game starts awesomely.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #973
Blue Crack Addict

Awesome! Yeah I heard there is a pretty good variatey of enemies (those baby things look freaky!) I'm picking it up at lunchtime, can't wait! Even if I am only able to stare at the box, when I get home.

I think I have a few dead/dying pixels in my TV too...noticed a few weird lines at the top of my LCD TV last night, its not really off putting or anything, but if it gets worse hopefully it can be off for repair or replacement before KillZone 3.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #974
Blue Crack Addict

Damn, I thought for some reason Aftermath came with Dead Space 2. Looks like I'll be jumping on torrents after work.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #975
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Damn, I thought for some reason Aftermath came with Dead Space 2. Looks like I'll be jumping on torrents after work.
Not sure if it's even worth the time to do that.

Dead Space 2: Aftermath Blu-ray Review

Quote:
Dead Space 2: Aftermath is a sluggishly-paced and poorly animated feature that has "rush job" written all over it. Frankly, there are no redeeming qualities here other than a fairly violent third act that's negated by a painfully dull first and second. The best part of the feature is a decent soundtrack and the blessing that is the short run time. This Blu-ray release of Dead Space 2: Aftermath sports an awful video presentation, though in Anchor Bay's defense, the problems seem to stem from the poor source and not the transfer itself. This release contains no supplements to speak of, either, but it does yield a solid soundtrack that's nevertheless in no way reason enough to buy. Better to spend these 70-some-odd minutes playing Dead Space 2 next week and the saved $20 on the game's collector's edition. As for this Blu-ray? Skip it.

Tags
video games