The Video Game Thread PEW PEW! - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #916
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:34 PM
^ I can't wait to climb all over that stuff.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #917
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:34 PM
I just edited that last post and put a ton of quotes in it...

I cant wait to steal steal steal and whore my skill levels! Bethsoft knows what you want! Bethsoft will deliver!

Btw, I totally want to intern with them if I get the chance.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #918
Blue Meth Addict

I actually just received that issue. Haven't read the article yet, but I've looked at all the pictures a number of times.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #919
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

If people get angry for knocking things off tables, does that mean I can't cast explosive spells anymore and send people's stuff flying all over the place? That's why I loved Fingers of the Mountain so much. There's a massive BOOM and the person just stands there and says something random, like "Well met!" or "You're a fit one; been running a lot?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I actually just received that issue. Haven't read the article yet, but I've looked at all the pictures a number of times.
Aww, I checked at the grocery store's magazine aisle and there was a conspicuous empty spot in the nerdy section, so I haven't seen it yet (except for scans on Google's image search ).
Old 01-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #920
Blue Meth Addict

Do grocery stores get Game Informer? I thought it was a Gamestop only dealio, not sure though. I traded in bunch of stuff at some point last year, and they signed me up to get it free or something.

Yeah, I looked at the scans earlier last week too.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 AM   #921
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:
Nice list, Sad Punk. I'd considered making a top 10 or something. Maybe I still will when I have some time. Surprised you were so indifferent to God of War 3, it would easily be on the top of my PS3 exclusive games list for last year. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Heavy Rain was an incredibly mixed bag, surprised so many other people thought it was fantastic. It's weird, I was was so interested in finding out what was going to happen, that I flew through it. When it was finally over, I just thought, "Well, that ended up being absolutely terrible".

Some friends talked me into getting DC Universe Online for PS3. I've never played an MMO, so I'm still incredibly lost, but having a lot of fun. Luckily the first month is free, as I can't see myself paying month after month to play for very long. I'll probably just take one character to the highest level and call it good.
My indifference to GOW3 surprised me, too. Ultimately I was just comparing it too much to the first two games, which I still think are superior in every way bar the obvious graphics and scale. I didn't mind how similar all the weapons were (the Nemesis Blades probably being my favourite) but the pace of the game was just too inconsistent. It felt that as soon as Pandora got on the scene in a big way the game just ran out of momentum. The main gods were killed too quickly, and the final boss felt anti-climactic. I have to say though, that final move with the Blade of Olympus was very satisfying and shocking. In spite of my complaints, I still recommend Ballistic's Art of God of War 3 book heartily.

Heavy Rain is a weird game. I'm glad to see something different do so well (you could argue it's just a new Dragon's Lair, you may as well say that Black Ops is a new Doom while you're at it) but so much of it was done poorly, especially key parts like story, dialogue and VA. Ultimately I think, if remembered at all, it will be seen as being important rather than particularly good. I heard that the new Jurassic Park game has elements inspired by it - no, really - so yeah, that could be real interesting. Press X to Goldblum?

As for DC Universe Online, have you encountered any bugs at all? I want to check it out but I heard the demo had some technical problems.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #922
Blue Meth Addict

This made me laugh:

YouTube - Your Mom Hates Dead Space 2
Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #923
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Do grocery stores get Game Informer? I thought it was a Gamestop only dealio, not sure though. I traded in bunch of stuff at some point last year, and they signed me up to get it free or something.

Yeah, I looked at the scans earlier last week too.
I don't know, but I thought I had seen it around before. Maybe not.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #924
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 PM
Quote:
Nice pics, bono man. I'll be getting both of those as well.

I wish I could show the same self-restraint. I'm not sure which is bigger at this point; my pile of unfinished games, or my pile of not yet played games.
Yeah some restraint wouldn't go astray for me either. However it'll probably be a few months before I need to buy a new game after Killzone is out.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #925
ONE
love, blood, life

What did you think of the multiplayer in Killzone 2? I had fun for a while, but then went back to MW2. Havent picked it back up in about a year
Old 01-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #926
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah I was the same. Was it COD: World At War that was out at the time of KZ 2? I found myself playing a hell of a lot more Multiplayer in COD than KZ. However more single player of KZ2. I never really worked out the control style of KZ. it just felt a lot heavier or something than COD does.

However one of my mates loves Killzone, he's got his own youtube channel where he does commentary of Killzone and various other games. Might as well finish my plug for him with a link : YouTube - Brolli55's Channel
Old 01-19-2011, 11:31 PM   #927
Blue Meth Addict

Killzone's 3 controls and multiplayer are supposed to be considerably improved vs. what they were in 2. Hopefully that's true.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:46 PM   #928
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo
Killzone's 3 controls and multiplayer are supposed to be considerably improved vs. what they were in 2. Hopefully that's true.
Ya, I hope so too. I've heard the shooting will be a little more focused so it just doesn't feel like you're spraying bullets all over the place. I'd also like to see a few more methodical and less hectic game modes. I really dislike the 'kill 3 guys in 10 seconds, get killed, repeat' aspect. It just felt like all the boards were a free for all. That's where bad company 2 excels; In the same game, you can have one guy running around like Rambo, one guy hiding in the hills sniping, another in a jeep doing donuts in the field, etc. You can kind of play how you want and it will work.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #929
Blue Crack Addict

I've heard lots of talk of bad company 2 lately. Perhaps I should rent it.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #930
ONE
love, blood, life

Yeah, especially with my slowly changing more miserable taste towards Black Ops.

Tags
video games