The Video Game Thread PEW PEW! - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #871
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:11 AM
There we go that's the spirit, somebody else as excited as me!

That sounds like a rehab line at the end lol.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #872
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 08:11 AM
I'm excited, but the teaser sorta sucked and we don't know anything about it, so my excitement is in check. Once we see actual gameplay, I'm sure I'll freak.

JT, what do you think of Vietnam? I suck so bad at it, I do so much better on normal BC2 multiplayer. I finally finished the Bad Company 2 campaign last night. There were a few super annoying parts where the saves were awful, and you'd have to do huge sections of the game over again if you died, which drove me nuts. For the most part though, it was pretty fun.

I think I need to finally finish Mass Effect 2 considering it's won game of the year awards pretty much everywhere.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #873
ONE
love, blood, life

Well the teaser was more of one of those announcement teasers. The storyline writers get to work well before the graphic designers do (at least with a good game).
Old 01-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #874
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Well the teaser was more of one of those announcement teasers. The storyline writers get to work well before the graphic designers do (at least with a good game).
Agreed, but I just didn't think it was all that great even for a teaser. I was certainly excited by the news, just not by the trailer. It's likely been in development for years, considering it's coming out later this year. One good thing is that Bethesda has supposedly confirmed it will in fact be on a new engine, so it won't look just like Oblivion / Fallout.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #875
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
JT, what do you think of Vietnam? I suck so bad at it, I do so much better on normal BC2 multiplayer.
I suck pretty bad at it too. I dont think I've played it enough to have seen all the maps yet thought (how many are there? I think I've done 3). I like it, but I still prefer the wide open type maps to the really tight ones, so a few of the regular BC2 maps are still superior imo. I'll have to play a few more times before I decide.
What do you think?

I did get some other games over Christmas. I got one of the LBP/Dual Shock packs at Christmas, picked up Bioshock 2 for $20 on boxing day (you guys dont have boxing day, do you?), and then got Need for Speed Hot Pursuit a few days later.
LBP is fun, but some of the home made levels are God awful. I'm not yet sure how to sort through them to find the good ones
Bioshock 2 is awesome. Dont know why I didn't get it until now, but I'm having a lot of fun
NFS is also a ton of fun. the online mode where it's racers vs cops is good times
Old 01-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #876
Blue Meth Addict

I think they just unlocked a new map for free to Vietnam on the first, so we have at least one other map to play sometime. I like it, but just suck really bad. I can't find a weapon I do well with. Doesn't seem to be many vehicles on the maps either.

I got Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for Christmas, but haven't started it yet. I knew that once I did, it would annihilate my free time, so I'm going to try to finish a few other games first. I have Bioshock 2 as well, but haven't started that yet either. Really looking forward to playing both of those games though.

I have Hot Pursuit on 360, I think it's a blast too. My only gripe is that there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many time trial races in single player, and they're super annoying and not enjoyable. Everything else is a blast though.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #877
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Agreed, but I just didn't think it was all that great even for a teaser. I was certainly excited by the news, just not by the trailer. It's likely been in development for years, considering it's coming out later this year. One good thing is that Bethesda has supposedly confirmed it will in fact be on a new engine, so it won't look just like Oblivion / Fallout.
Big boom-bust potential then. Gamebryo has been pretty reliable...

but I believe in Bethsoft... they'll get the job done. Can't make this many good games and screw up. You just cant. It'd be like Rockstar making a bad game.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #878
ONE
love, blood, life

Then again... Rockstar swapped engines between GTAs... and kept the gameplay relatively the same with upped graphics .
Old 01-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #879
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:41 PM
I finished Donkey Kong Country Returns yesterday. Wow, if it weren't for ME2 I'd have to say it was the best game of 2010. Pure platforming bliss - sticks with the usual tropes but does them so well. Pretty damn challenging, too. Now to 100% it...

Quote:
As far as Oblivion went, didn't it win numerous graphics awards? I thought it looked mind-blowingly amazing graphics wise when it came out. Of course open world games aren't going to look as good as corridor shooters like Gears or Uncharted, but Oblivion was an amazing step up from Morrowind. Definitely not last gen graphics for the size and scope of the game, in my opinion.

I really want to play Vanquish too, Happiness Challenged Punk.
Come to think of it, you're right. It was just quickly surpassed visually by a number of games the next year, and like you mentioned it's pretty unfair to compare it to Gears and UC, both of which still look pretty damn good.

As for Vanquish, definitely check it out. It's been quite criminally overlooked.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #880
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
There we go that's the spirit, somebody else as excited as me!

That sounds like a rehab line at the end lol.
Skooma for everyone!

Quote:
I'm excited, but the teaser sorta sucked and we don't know anything about it, so my excitement is in check. Once we see actual gameplay, I'm sure I'll freak.
The trailer didn't reveal anything but the basic story and the fact that it's actually coming out, which is a huge step from hearing nothing for a long time. Before Oblivion came out, they released concept art and other sneak peeks in the weeks and months before, which I expect they'll do again for Skyrim. This will be an exciting summer, as we will slowly get to see what it's gonna look like.

I think we will be stunned at the graphics. Oblivion was a huge advancement from Morrowind and I'm sure Skyrim will make Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game. I'm hoping that the game content (hidden items, more variety in caves, etc.) will be more like Morrowind; I got tired of finding the same random loot everywhere in Oblivion. Morrowind was way more challenging in some ways, because you actually had to look for things and you were rewarded accordingly.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #881
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post
I'm hoping that the game content (hidden items, more variety in caves, etc.) will be more like Morrowind; I got tired of finding the same random loot everywhere in Oblivion. Morrowind was way more challenging in some ways, because you actually had to look for things and you were rewarded accordingly.
Bethesda seemed to have learned their lesson, as the Fallouts were both like Morrowind that way for unique items, and the horrible scaling with enemies and your own level was removed as well. I loved feeling like a badass in later levels of Morrowind, but absolutely hated how I did next to no damage later on in Oblivion.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #882
ONE
love, blood, life

Bring back the skooma! and the Skooma House!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #883
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Bring back the skooma! and the Skooma House!
"Got any skooma? Buddy? Pal?"

Quote:
Bethesda seemed to have learned their lesson, as the Fallouts were both like Morrowind that way for unique items, and the horrible scaling with enemies and your own level was removed as well. I loved feeling like a badass in later levels of Morrowind, but absolutely hated how I did next to no damage later on in Oblivion.
I've never played Fallout, but it's good to know that they've ditched the system they were using for Oblivion. Morrowind is pretty hard at low levels, but, I agree, it's fun to open up a can on everything I meet when I'm really tough and have awesome armor. It's worth the patience! I do like how they changed the skill advancement on Oblivion; I hated getting killed by rats on Morrowind at low levels because my blade skill was too low to even hit anything!

I used the scaling of enemies on Oblivion to my advantage, though; I didn't level up past level 4 when I was doing the main quest, because all I had to fight were scamps and weak dremoras. It's the opposite on Morrowind, where it's easier to do the main quests the higher your level is (which makes more sense).
Old 01-05-2011, 03:50 AM   #884
ONE
love, blood, life

Yeah but if it's easier... the game loses it's replay value... you have all of the best items... everything is easy... you get bored.

If there's a challenge, you'll hold onto it for longer and you'll more likely be geared towards DLC.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #885
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo

I have Hot Pursuit on 360, I think it's a blast too. My only gripe is that there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many time trial races in single player, and they're super annoying and not enjoyable. Everything else is a blast though.
I played a bunch tonight and I don't mind the time trials. It's a nice break from people smashing into you all the time. I played the same one about 100 times because I was determined to beat Atomic Sneeze's best time (who is that, by the way? I'm pretty sure it's someone from here). I got super addicted tonight and had a nfs marathon. I didn't think I'd like a racing game so much

Tags
video games