The Video Game Thread PEW PEW! - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 02:51 AM   #856
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:45 PM
Oh that sucks... you've played Oblivion before right? Because if not... you need to get your PS3 fixed quicker! What broke on it? I'm Xbox savvy, so I'd have no idea what went wrong with a PS3.

And it's 5 years in 3 months!

Old 12-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #857
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:45 PM
I *think* the most I ever did was start a character on my step-dad's Xbox version and that's about it, and I may not have ever even done that, it might've been Morrowind I'm thinking of. I know I watched him play Obvlivion a few times and that's about it.

The disc drive no longer reads discs of any kind, so I need to get it replaced. Just waiting for Christmas money and then I"m on it.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:26 AM   #858
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh boy you're missing out! If you like anything like Fallout... you'll love Oblivion and its storyline. Amazing.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:52 AM   #859
Blue Crack Distributor

I've never played Fallout before. In fact, until New Vegas came out, I didn't even realize it was that kind of game.

In other news, I just finished playing the Little Big Planet 2 demo. I have no idea what's new and what's not because I never got all that far in LBP (that game is far smarter than I am, which makes me feel pretty stupid, since it's a kid's game), but Jesus was that demo fun. The first level of the demo is a race and you have a grappeling hook and it's very gratifying in a racking up a shit ton of points/pinball kind of way.

Then there were the mech Bunny, Dog and I think it was a cat, but it might've been a mouse that you can ride and blow shit up with. Yes, I do believe I'll be purchasing this game.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #860
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
you have a grappeling hook
I'm sold!

Been playing Vanquish tonight, wayyy more fun than I was expecting.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #861
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Well, my excitement didn't last long. It just reset all my upgrades. So now instead of a level 22, I'm back at fucking 1. What the fuck?
This resolved itself, didn't it? I think it did the same thing to me, where after matches if I checked my stats, it said I was level one, but once I started the game, I was level 11.

Regardless, it was fun playing yesterday. I had no clue you were in the match, so the first time I saw you I was running up to you and hitting you with my knife and doing all sorts of bs. Of course, at that moment you were trying to sneak up on some guy stealthily, and I totally gave you away, and you immediately got killed. I couldn't stop laughing, as it was obvious my idiocy ended up killing you. I then popped out around the same corner and shot the guy who'd just killed you. Also, it was awesome when you somehow landed the helicopter on me upside down.

As far as Oblivion went, didn't it win numerous graphics awards? I thought it looked mind-blowingly amazing graphics wise when it came out. Of course open world games aren't going to look as good as corridor shooters like Gears or Uncharted, but Oblivion was an amazing step up from Morrowind. Definitely not last gen graphics for the size and scope of the game, in my opinion.

I really want to play Vanquish too, Happiness Challenged Punk.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #862
Blue Meth Addict

YouTube - Future First Person Shooter

This is definitely the best of these types of videos I've seen, the ending cracked me up.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #863
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo

This resolved itself, didn't it? I think it did the same thing to me, where after matches if I checked my stats, it said I was level one, but once I started the game, I was level 11.

Regardless, it was fun playing yesterday. I had no clue you were in the match, so the first time I saw you I was running up to you and hitting you with my knife and doing all sorts of bs. Of course, at that moment you were trying to sneak up on some guy stealthily, and I totally gave you away, and you immediately got killed. I couldn't stop laughing, as it was obvious my idiocy ended up killing you. I then popped out around the same corner and shot the guy who'd just killed you. Also, it was awesome when you somehow landed the helicopter on me upside down.

As far as Oblivion went, didn't it win numerous graphics awards? I thought it looked mind-blowingly amazing graphics wise when it came out. Of course open world games aren't going to look as good as corridor shooters like Gears or Uncharted, but Oblivion was an amazing step up from Morrowind. Definitely not last gen graphics for the size and scope of the game, in my opinion.

I really want to play Vanquish too, Happiness Challenged Punk.
It did resolve itself. I looked into it and apparently it just happens when the stats servers go down.

Playing together the other day was a lot of fun. The newish maps I had never played are awesome. Black ops is really missing a wide open map like Harvest Day. It seems to be more realistic and what I imagine a battle to be like. I also discovered hardcore mode on bc2. Even better. When they don't give away your location when you get a kill, it's a snipers de-light

How much space does vietnam take up? I'm running out of hard disc space and will have to upgrade soon
Old 12-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #864
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:

How much space does vietnam take up? I'm running out of hard disc space and will have to upgrade soon
I think it was part of that recent update. It was essentially just an unlock when I bought it. Haven't tried it yet, waiting to play with you or who ever else gets it.

Bought my parents a 360 / Kinect bundle, was shocked how much they enjoyed it. We essentially played the majority of the time I was home. Glad I took a chance thinking they'd like it.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #865
Blue Crack Distributor

If your parents are anything like mine, that was a good choice. My mom was dying to get her hands on Kinect this Christmas, but opted to get a new tv instead, since the living room tv was beginning to turn orange.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #866
ONE
love, blood, life

Vietnam acquired
Old 12-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #867
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Vietnam acquired
Flamethrowers will need to be put into action soon!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #868
ONE
love, blood, life

Mofo, apologies for not joining in last night. My gf was playing little big planet. She is really bad at it too
Old 12-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #869
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Mofo, apologies for not joining in last night. My gf was playing little big planet. She is really bad at it too
Haha, no worries man, I figured you had something going on. I was just playing the normal mode, still waiting to try Vietnam when I have someone else to play with. I fiiiiiiiinaly unlocked the red dot sight for the normal assault rifles, hallelujah.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #870
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Excuse me, I'm just blabbing on. I'm an Elder Scrolls fan just as much as I am a U2 fan (minus the cultish following).

I've been waiting, searching, checking every so often for this. I was even remotely upset with the announcement of Fallout: New Vegas because I knew that meant no ES for at least a year following it's release (so 2 years from New Vegas announcemtn).
I had to come into this thread to see if anyone was talking about the Skyrim announcement (that I just found out about today!). I've been playing Morrowind since 2003 and bought an Xbox 360 with my high school graduation money in 2006 just so I could play Oblivion. I cannot wait for Skyrim!!

My name is Rachel and I am an Elder Scrolls fan.

Tags
video games