The Video Game Thread PEW PEW! - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #811
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Well if you cannot even accept my opinion, I don't have much to respond with. Different strokes, and such. I realize others loved Modern Warfare 2, I feel the exact opposite. It is what it is, I have no issues with people liking things I don't like.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #812
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Well if you cannot even accept my opinion, I don't have much to respond with. Different strokes, and such. I realize others loved Modern Warfare 2, I feel the exact opposite. It is what it is, I have no issues with people liking things I don't like.
Oh, lighten up. I'm not serious, I'm just exaggerating my point of how much I hate the Black Ops campaign.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #813
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
The user player has an incredibly low damage threshold
I actually felt the opposite about Black Ops. There were so many times when
i was shooting a guy and thought 'why isn't this fucking guy dead yet?'. Lately, it seems like they might have tweaked it a little, or maybe it's just because I've leveled up more, but I feel like MW2 had a lower damage threshold (which I actually like).
As far as Mofo's comments, that's totally cool. Cant rag on a guy if he doesn't like a videogame. I'm happy you're enjoying the new one more than the last one. And I'm actually beginning to like Black Ops Multiplayer a lot more now that they have the matchmaking problems mostly solved. Getting familiar with the maps also help with not getting shot in the back for an entire game
Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #814
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I thought they sold a shit load? like, $600million worth worldwide in a week
Maybe so, but that doesn't keep the game from being garbage. It's a shame they didn't consider their projected profit and used that knowledge to get a sound design time comprised of something other than deaf guys.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #815
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Maybe so, but that doesn't keep the game from being garbage. It's a shame they didn't consider their projected profit and used that knowledge to get a sound design time comprised of something other than deaf guys.
The sound is pretty horrid. Does your sound go in and out? Like the game will be quite for a while, then suddenly get loud halfway through a match?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #816
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I didn't encounter any issues like that in the four days I had the game before selling it on Craigslist. The sound problems for me were more of the guns sounding like toys and the grenades sounding like muffled farts variety. Treyarch scammed everyone.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:00 AM   #817
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I actually felt the opposite about Black Ops. There were so many times when
i was shooting a guy and thought 'why isn't this fucking guy dead yet?'. Lately, it seems like they might have tweaked it a little, or maybe it's just because I've leveled up more, but I feel like MW2 had a lower damage threshold (which I actually like).
As far as Mofo's comments, that's totally cool. Cant rag on a guy if he doesn't like a videogame. I'm happy you're enjoying the new one more than the last one. And I'm actually beginning to like Black Ops Multiplayer a lot more now that they have the matchmaking problems mostly solved. Getting familiar with the maps also help with not getting shot in the back for an entire game
Well if you were to take bullets per kill into perspective, accuracy and whatnot all into account, I'm fairly certain the Black Ops DT is significantly lower. They just cut down big time on the range and accuracy of weapons as opposed to MW2. In the overall picture, you might be able to get kills much easier in MW2, but it takes more hitmarkers in MW2 than in Black Ops to get a kill for sure.

Again on the comments to mofo, I wasnt serious. Just exaggerating my point, please dont take it to heart. I agree that Black Ops is growing on me, but in my opinion MW2 was simply one of the best games I've ever played, even with its blatant flaws, and it's hard to match.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #818
Blue Meth Addict

No worries Lucky, I was being sarcastic as well. Imps, they actually have done some sound tweaking already. You can hear footsteps and such now when close, which is nice. I didn't realize how much I use that to alert myself until it was gone. I haven't really had many issues with it other than that. It doesn't wow me, but I haven't had any weird issues like you or JT had.

I downloaded Dead Nation off of the PS Store last night. Only played for a hour or two, but had a lot of fun. It's a cool "old school top down" type of shooter, but with excellent graphics and a cool leveling up system. If you're a zombie fan, you'll likely dig it. Look forward to trying out coop.

If you have Xbox Live, sign up for free points when you purchase and renew and such. Pretty cool Microsoft is doing this, actually, despite it being a little weak on the actual rewards:

Xbox LIVE Rewards
Old 12-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #819
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
You can hear footsteps and such now when close, which is nice. I didn't realize how much I use that to alert myself until it was gone.
Ever since MW1, I always use the ninja perk, ghost perk, and a silencer. I'm like a Goddamn ninja assassin
Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #820
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:46 AM
New maps out for BC2 today. Everyone is either in Harvest Day, Oasis or Heavy Metal. Compared to most of the maps, Harvest Day feels massive.. nice BC1 memories. Would like to see them translate Par for the Course also.

Seems everyone is in Harvest Day, when the rotation goes to a standard level everyone leaves.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #821
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Ever since MW1, I always use the ninja perk, ghost perk, and a silencer. I'm like a Goddamn ninja assassin
I'm sure everyone's familiar enough with the MW1 and MW2 perks...

anyone care to share their favorites so far with Black Ops?

I'll tell you my favorite combination that will almost always guarantee the advantage in close combat (so long as you arent too late on your shot) is:

AK74u
Warlord Pro - Grip + Rapid Fire

The only serious disadvantage is long range abilities, although the ironsights on this gun are really good the gun has little range ability.

I usually just swap my secondary for whatever assault rifle I find on the ground.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #822
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:46 AM
My favourite perks are Ghost, Sleight Of Hand and Ninja or Hacker (because claymors are invisible).
Old 12-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #823
Blue Meth Addict

I was home sick yesterday, and instead of getting rest like I should have, I played Black Ops most of the day online. Finished getting the pro versions of both Sleight of Hand and Ninja. Already had Ghost Pro, so I typically use those 3 for all of my classes right now. I like being sneaky. I think I have one class with Warlord Pro, though. I have Second Chance Pro, but don't use it any more.

I too use the AK74u for two or three classes. All of them have the grip attached, the Warlord class has the grip and suppressor. Supposedly the 74u is going to be nerfed slightly in the future, same with the very last SMG (G11?), as they're a little too good for being SMGs. I've been using the AK47 a decent amount lately too, I like it.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #824
Blue Meth Addict

From Bethesda's Twitter about Fallout: New Vegas:

Quote:
"We’ve wrapped up work on the Fallout: New Vegas patch and submitted it. We’ll let you know when it’s up on PS3, 360, and Steam."
Hallelujah.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #825
ONE
love, blood, life

Great.

Now can you wrap up work with Fallout: New Vegas as a game and get to work on Elder Scrolls V yet?!?

Tags
video games