The Video Game Thread PEW PEW! - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #781
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 11:46 PM
That sucks you're having so many problems, JT. That's the one unfortunate thing about the PS3, multiplatform games are almost always better on 360 because the development hardware is essentially identical to a PC, so it's supposedly cake for developers to work with. Sony unfortunately didn't give that aspect much thought while they were stroking their own hardware boners while developing the PS3.

That said, PS3 exclusives usually are pretty awesome. I'm getting excited for Killzone 3!

Old 11-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #782
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:46 AM
Just finished the Black Ops campaign. I didn't play Modern Warfare or World At War but compared to Modern Warfare 2 it was great. It had a decent storyline and a surprising twist at the end.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #783
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
That sucks you're having so many problems, JT. That's the one unfortunate thing about the PS3, multiplatform games are almost always better on 360 because the development hardware is essentially identical to a PC, so it's supposedly cake for developers to work with. Sony unfortunately didn't give that aspect much thought while they were stroking their own hardware boners while developing the PS3.

That said, PS3 exclusives usually are pretty awesome. I'm getting excited for Killzone 3!
Ya, it's super annoying. Apparently Rockstar is doing it backwards for LA Noire and are developing for PS3, then porting to the others, so I'm stoked about that.
But in this case, it seems like Treyarch have just plain neglected the PS3. I dont know a whole lot about the tech stuff, but I think it's mostly problems with their PS3 servers and not so much with the software.
Thank God for exclusives
Old 11-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #784
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I haven't had many troubles with getting into matches so far. It seems that I'm lucky then.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #785
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsgov View Post
I haven't had many troubles with getting into matches so far. It seems that I'm lucky then.
hmmm, I wonder if it's just the North American servers then? When I turn the game on, it's so bad now that I assume I probably wont get into a match. And even when I do, at least once a session, I get kicked out half way through with a "you've been signed out of the playstation network" error, even though I'm still signed in. The whole thing is very frustrating
Old 11-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #786
ONE
love, blood, life

Looks like they might have the server thing sorted out.

Also, I gotta say that I love steering the Valkyrie rocket around. I had an awesome kill and made a nifty little video of it
Old 11-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #787
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Still working my way through New Vegas, beat it on one option, trying out the rest
Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #788
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Bad Company 2 is going to add Oasis and Harvest Day maps from Bad Company 1.. waiting for that. should be good
Old 11-27-2010, 03:15 AM   #789
ONE
love, blood, life

if you like God of War 3, Castlevania is worth picking up
Old 11-28-2010, 03:34 AM   #790
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:16 PM
Just finished Mafia II, it was flawed but still a pretty solid product. The story was great, it really immerses you into the era, and I really liked the combat, but there just wasn't that much to do. Glad I rented it, all in all.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:27 AM   #791
Acrobat

Just want to say that Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is insanely good and GT5 is also real good except some flaws. But hey the driving experience in that game when u drive a tuned Nissan GT-R or a Ferrari 458 Italia outweighs all those flaws
Old 11-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #792
ONE
love, blood, life

If I hated the first Assassins Creed will I also hate the new one? I've never played part 2, because I really didn't like the first one, but the multiplayer seems interesting
Old 11-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #793
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm really looking forward to the new Assassin's Creed. I never played the first one but I loved the last one.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:41 AM   #794
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
If I hated the first Assassins Creed will I also hate the new one? I've never played part 2, because I really didn't like the first one, but the multiplayer seems interesting
I said a few good things about AC2 when it was released, but after playing it again recently I found it deplorable - and Brotherhood seems to be pretty much the same with a few tweaks.

I'll go as far as to say that AC is easily the most overrated major franchise on the market and I hope Ubisoft don't disappoint in milking the hell out of it so people can get as sick of it as I have.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #795
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I said a few good things about AC2 when it was released, but after playing it again recently I found it deplorable - and Brotherhood seems to be pretty much the same with a few tweaks.

I'll go as far as to say that AC is easily the most overrated major franchise on the market and I hope Ubisoft don't disappoint in milking the hell out of it so people can get as sick of it as I have.
That's sort of what I figured. Oh well.
It just seems like they go for quantity over quality with regard to the gameplay; Massive worlds that are impossible to get immersed in because character graphics (everyone but the main character, anyway), animations, and controls are garbage and the AI is pretty weak.
I had such high hopes for the first one before it was released.
But hey, if some of you are enjoying it, thats awesome

Tags
video games