The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to it tomorrow. Enjoyed the first one, and IGN really seemed to love the sequel. Saying it's the best survival horror game this gen is certainly not a bad thing.

I'm not looking forward to being freaked out every night for the next few weeks though. :wink:

Damn you! If tomorrow wasn't a public holiday over here, I'd be playing it then! :wink:

Me neither. I'm also regretting ordering the collectors edition, because over here it seems the PS3 version gets shafted of getting the little Plasma cutter in the box. Instead we get some DLC for an a gun an suit or something. Would have preferred the cutter.

That's why I got the Limited Edition COD MW2 Xbox.... came with the game... upgrade from 20GB to 250GB... new controllers...

After selling the other one, I was pretty much spending about 100 extra minus the game/controllers.

Considering I got a new xbox (LE at that) for the same price as a 250GB HDD, cheaper actually, you should look into an investment like that.

Or just buy a 16GB flash drive .

Not a bad idea. I think the PS3 Harddrive is fairly easy to replace though. I looked into it a while back and you dont even need the official Playstation harddrive. They made it so you can use any brand as long as it's the right size. I can pick up 250g for around $65. the pain will be getting all my old info onto the new drive, as all my computer gear is formatted for mac.

You can delete games you no longer play or have from there, JT. I believe the save files are separate from the required installs, so you can free up what you need. PS3's unfortunately fill up quick that way, the interface for deleting things is not as straight forward as 360 is either.

I went through and deleted a bunch of stuff a while ago (goodbye MGS4 and good riddance) and even some old save files that I didn't really need. Still managed to fill it up between then and now. I think it's just saturated and I need to start fresh

I still have the 80GB hard drive, and its still got loads of space. I don't know how anyone manages to fill them. I guess if you use it as a full on media player...but I just run all my other stuff off external hard drives.

I still have the 80GB hard drive, and its still got loads of space. I don't know how anyone manages to fill them. I guess if you use it as a full on media player...but I just run all my other stuff off external hard drives.

Na, you can fill your HDD if you like to download your discs directly to your HDD.

You still need the disc to play the game (so people cant break the copywrite laws), but it stops the disc from spinning, making your console quieter and cooler. Also, load-times are generally faster, and the game runs crisper. On top of all of that, by keeping the console cooler, you preserve your console and limit the risks of overheating to almost zero.

A typical game is anywhere from 4GB to 8GB... take into account that the xbox already uses a percentage of the HDD... the 65GB on your 80GB can fill up pretty fast.

It should never be an issue though, because you should realize that you can just delete games that you never play off of your HDD.

I dont use my PS3 for anything other than games. I have no downloadable games (but have one mw2 and bc2 dlc). Still, my whole thing is full. I only have a 40 gig though

Whoops! Scratch that back to 1 and 2, with 3 sucking.

Good catch. It's been so long since I've played em. AoE 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. AoE 3 just became all complex and goofy graphics oriented... didn't like that.

Fair enough! I loved AoE 3 personally, but it definitely wasn't for everyone. Have you looked at Age Online yet? It has very cartoony graphics (think an ancient Team Fortress 2), as well as some MMO features (leveling up your civs, similar to AOE3's home cities) but otherwise I've heard pretty good things about it, also it's going to be free except for DLC, so that's a bonus. So far I know there's the Greeks and Egyptians, so no guns or cannons this time.

Eh I'm more into the sandbox and campaign aspects of the RTS games, just because I collapse under the pressure online lol.

Which is why AoE II is like... the greatest game ever. It's pretty much a history lesson in a slaughterhouse video game :D

That's cool, they're introducing co-op online missions as well, so in a sense you can do campaigns with friends if you want. I didn't play AOE2 as much as the first one and Mythology, but yeah, it's a great game, although I'm not as into the medieval era as much as ancient.

That actually sounds pretty awesome... maybe I'll read into it. Give it a second chance lol.

AoM is the same graphical design as AoE, right? If you haven't really played too much of AoE II, I really reccomend it. Tons of fun, even for just screwing around with the sandbox or the funny cheats.

I won't spoil anything, but let me say some basics:

The graphics are EXTREMELY impressive. Based on videos, I wasn't even sure if it would look any different than the original, but I'm shocked how fantastic they are. Really impressive.

They made great improvements over everything people complained about the first one, it seems. I only played the first 3 or 4 hours maybe, and have had a lot of varied environments and enemies.

The game starts awesomely.

Awesome! Yeah I heard there is a pretty good variatey of enemies (those baby things look freaky!) I'm picking it up at lunchtime, can't wait! Even if I am only able to stare at the box, when I get home.

I think I have a few dead/dying pixels in my TV too...noticed a few weird lines at the top of my LCD TV last night, its not really off putting or anything, but if it gets worse hopefully it can be off for repair or replacement before KillZone 3.

Damn, I thought for some reason Aftermath came with Dead Space 2. Looks like I'll be jumping on torrents after work.

Not sure if it's even worth the time to do that.

Dead Space 2: Aftermath Blu-ray Review

Dead Space 2: Aftermath is a sluggishly-paced and poorly animated feature that has "rush job" written all over it. Frankly, there are no redeeming qualities here other than a fairly violent third act that's negated by a painfully dull first and second. The best part of the feature is a decent soundtrack and the blessing that is the short run time. This Blu-ray release of Dead Space 2: Aftermath sports an awful video presentation, though in Anchor Bay's defense, the problems seem to stem from the poor source and not the transfer itself. This release contains no supplements to speak of, either, but it does yield a solid soundtrack that's nevertheless in no way reason enough to buy. Better to spend these 70-some-odd minutes playing Dead Space 2 next week and the saved $20 on the game's collector's edition. As for this Blu-ray? Skip it.

Good lord, that is a terribly unappealing style Aftermath has got going on there.

Didn't finish the first Dead Space, but I just read up on the plot so hopefully I'll be all set for the sequel... don't think I want to miss it.

Didn't finish the first Dead Space, but I just read up on the plot so hopefully I'll be all set for the sequel... don't think I want to miss it.

There's also a "Previously on Dead Space" video you can watch on the game disc.

Ah, I suck at Reach. Learning new maps (I'm still used to Halo 1 and 2) makes me terrible compared to people who know them well.... :sigh:

Just finished Bioshock 2. It was a lot of fun :up:

Also, I was playing battlefield 2 multiplayer yesterday. I was on the harvest day map and sniped a guy from the opposite side of the map. I was near my deployment site and the other guy was near his in the attic of a house. You know how they give you marksmen headshot bonuses? I got 421 points for it! Very satisfying indeed

There's also a "Previously on Dead Space" video you can watch on the game disc.

Oh, really? Cool stuff.

This is pretty lame but I downloaded Pokemon to my phone, and holy shit it's just as addictive ten years later. God dammit. I also played a bit of that new Castlevania released last year, liked it way more than I was expecting. It wears its influences on its sleeve (one of the bosses I fought was VERY Shadows of the Colossus) but it's still fun, and amazingly, some of the visuals are on par with GOW3 and UC2.

19 kill streak snipin' fools on the Heavy Metal map. I only died when I ran out of bullets and even then, I was still able to kill a man with my pistol and a mortar strike first :rockon:

Haha, nice. I'll have to come play with you sometime soon.

Still enjoying Dead Space 2 and Vanquish both. :up:

New Black Ops maps are out on 360, one of my friends wants me to download them. We'll see.

So... anyone play Oregon Trail on Facebook and want to burn it halfway to hell?

It's a debauchery of the original. It's all FarmVilleish and such.

And p.s., Canadiens, you can't hide :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom