The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you cannot even accept my opinion, I don't have much to respond with. Different strokes, and such. I realize others loved Modern Warfare 2, I feel the exact opposite. It is what it is, I have no issues with people liking things I don't like.

Well if you cannot even accept my opinion, I don't have much to respond with. Different strokes, and such. I realize others loved Modern Warfare 2, I feel the exact opposite. It is what it is, I have no issues with people liking things I don't like.

Oh, lighten up. I'm not serious, I'm just exaggerating my point of how much I hate the Black Ops campaign.

The user player has an incredibly low damage threshold

I actually felt the opposite about Black Ops. There were so many times when
i was shooting a guy and thought 'why isn't this fucking guy dead yet?'. Lately, it seems like they might have tweaked it a little, or maybe it's just because I've leveled up more, but I feel like MW2 had a lower damage threshold (which I actually like).
As far as Mofo's comments, that's totally cool. Cant rag on a guy if he doesn't like a videogame. I'm happy you're enjoying the new one more than the last one. And I'm actually beginning to like Black Ops Multiplayer a lot more now that they have the matchmaking problems mostly solved. Getting familiar with the maps also help with not getting shot in the back for an entire game

I thought they sold a shit load? like, $600million worth worldwide in a week

Maybe so, but that doesn't keep the game from being garbage. It's a shame they didn't consider their projected profit and used that knowledge to get a sound design time comprised of something other than deaf guys.

Maybe so, but that doesn't keep the game from being garbage. It's a shame they didn't consider their projected profit and used that knowledge to get a sound design time comprised of something other than deaf guys.

The sound is pretty horrid. Does your sound go in and out? Like the game will be quite for a while, then suddenly get loud halfway through a match?

I didn't encounter any issues like that in the four days I had the game before selling it on Craigslist. The sound problems for me were more of the guns sounding like toys and the grenades sounding like muffled farts variety. Treyarch scammed everyone.

I actually felt the opposite about Black Ops. There were so many times when
i was shooting a guy and thought 'why isn't this fucking guy dead yet?'. Lately, it seems like they might have tweaked it a little, or maybe it's just because I've leveled up more, but I feel like MW2 had a lower damage threshold (which I actually like).
As far as Mofo's comments, that's totally cool. Cant rag on a guy if he doesn't like a videogame. I'm happy you're enjoying the new one more than the last one. And I'm actually beginning to like Black Ops Multiplayer a lot more now that they have the matchmaking problems mostly solved. Getting familiar with the maps also help with not getting shot in the back for an entire game

Well if you were to take bullets per kill into perspective, accuracy and whatnot all into account, I'm fairly certain the Black Ops DT is significantly lower. They just cut down big time on the range and accuracy of weapons as opposed to MW2. In the overall picture, you might be able to get kills much easier in MW2, but it takes more hitmarkers in MW2 than in Black Ops to get a kill for sure.

Again on the comments to mofo, I wasnt serious. Just exaggerating my point, please dont take it to heart. I agree that Black Ops is growing on me, but in my opinion MW2 was simply one of the best games I've ever played, even with its blatant flaws, and it's hard to match.

No worries Lucky, I was being sarcastic as well. Imps, they actually have done some sound tweaking already. You can hear footsteps and such now when close, which is nice. I didn't realize how much I use that to alert myself until it was gone. I haven't really had many issues with it other than that. It doesn't wow me, but I haven't had any weird issues like you or JT had.

I downloaded Dead Nation off of the PS Store last night. Only played for a hour or two, but had a lot of fun. It's a cool "old school top down" type of shooter, but with excellent graphics and a cool leveling up system. If you're a zombie fan, you'll likely dig it. Look forward to trying out coop. :up:

If you have Xbox Live, sign up for free points when you purchase and renew and such. Pretty cool Microsoft is doing this, actually, despite it being a little weak on the actual rewards:

Xbox LIVE Rewards

You can hear footsteps and such now when close, which is nice. I didn't realize how much I use that to alert myself until it was gone.

Ever since MW1, I always use the ninja perk, ghost perk, and a silencer. I'm like a Goddamn ninja assassin

New maps out for BC2 today. Everyone is either in Harvest Day, Oasis or Heavy Metal. Compared to most of the maps, Harvest Day feels massive.. nice BC1 memories. Would like to see them translate Par for the Course also.

Seems everyone is in Harvest Day, when the rotation goes to a standard level everyone leaves.

Ever since MW1, I always use the ninja perk, ghost perk, and a silencer. I'm like a Goddamn ninja assassin

I'm sure everyone's familiar enough with the MW1 and MW2 perks...

anyone care to share their favorites so far with Black Ops?

I'll tell you my favorite combination that will almost always guarantee the advantage in close combat (so long as you arent too late on your shot) is:

AK74u
Warlord Pro - Grip + Rapid Fire

The only serious disadvantage is long range abilities, although the ironsights on this gun are really good the gun has little range ability.

I usually just swap my secondary for whatever assault rifle I find on the ground.

My favourite perks are Ghost, Sleight Of Hand and Ninja or Hacker (because claymors are invisible).

I was home sick yesterday, and instead of getting rest like I should have, I played Black Ops most of the day online. Finished getting the pro versions of both Sleight of Hand and Ninja. Already had Ghost Pro, so I typically use those 3 for all of my classes right now. I like being sneaky. I think I have one class with Warlord Pro, though. I have Second Chance Pro, but don't use it any more.

I too use the AK74u for two or three classes. All of them have the grip attached, the Warlord class has the grip and suppressor. Supposedly the 74u is going to be nerfed slightly in the future, same with the very last SMG (G11?), as they're a little too good for being SMGs. I've been using the AK47 a decent amount lately too, I like it.

From Bethesda's Twitter about Fallout: New Vegas:

"We’ve wrapped up work on the Fallout: New Vegas patch and submitted it. We’ll let you know when it’s up on PS3, 360, and Steam."

Hallelujah.

New Vegas patch is out for PS3, still next week for 360 and PC. Here's the details for PS3, might be different for the others:

Here's the full list. Note that this is pretty much a head-to-toe patch, addressing nearly every important system and mechanic in the game.

Top fixes:

* Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
* Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
* Fix: DLC error/save corruption
* Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
* Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
* Crafting menu now filters valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
* Weathered pistol no longer glitches when applying mods

In addition, this patch addresses issues with the following areas:

* Pip-Boy Interface
* Pre-Order DLC Items
* Reputation System
* Radio Stations
* Companion fixes
* Companion Quests
* Repair Menu
* Caravan
* Weapons and Weapon Mods
* Hardcore Mode
* Perks
* Skills
* Crafting Recipes
* Crafting Menu
* Mojave Express
* Chems/Addiction
* Doctors
* Vendors

And fixes for the following quests:

* Ain’t That a Kick in the Head
* By a Campfire on The Trail
* They Went That-a-Way
* My Kind of Town
* Boulder City Showdown
* Ring a Ding Ding!
* King’s Gambit
* For The Republic, Part 2
* Render Unto Caesar
* Et Tumor, Brute?
* The House Always Wins
* Wild Card
* Beyond the Beef
* GI Blues
* How Little We Know
* Oh My Papa
* Still In The Dark
* You’ll Know It When It Happens
* Arizona Killer
* Eureka!
* Veni, Vidi, Vici
* All or Nothing
* No Gods, No Masters
* Birds of a Feather
* I Put A Spell On you
* Come Fly With Me
* That Lucky Old Sun
* Don’t Make a Beggar of Me
* The White Wash
* Ghost Town Gunfight
* Restoring Hope
* Bleed Me Dry
* Aba Daba Honeymoon
* Tend To Your Business
* Wang Dang Atomic Tango
* Flags of Our Foul-Ups
* Debt Collector
* Talent Pool
* Left My Heart
* Someone To Watch Over Me
* Hard Luck Blues

Awesome, that is great news. I have played through this game to three endings so far. Now I'm taking a break, going back to Fallout 3 to finish the evil side of that game. Then I'll go back again and do New Vegas again before trying Hardcore Mode. I do notice with Fallout 3 I'm not as entralled, but finding different things that I hadn't found before. I miss the magazines and the ability to repair anything at anytime.

Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3 Mass Effect 3Mass Effect 3Mass Effect 3Mass Effect 3Mass Effect 3Mass Effect 3Mass Effect 3vvvv

Well I downloaded the new patch for New Vegas and I am not impressed. Previous to it I was having pretty much zero freezups and contours of the land would not blur. With this, I am freezing up and there are times where I glitch to say, inside Boones glasses whilst talking or the ground will turn a vague shade and then everything will freeze. Come on Obsidian.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam Review - PC Review at IGN

Closing Comments
Whether you're new to Bad Company 2 or have been repairing, healing, and blowing up other players since March of this year, Bad Company 2 -Vietnam is among the best multiplayer experiences this year. The ability to contribute and succeed and unlock additional levels in ways that don't have to include shooting other players and the reliance on strategy over twitch gameplay clicks just as well in Bad Company 2 - Vietnam. Meanwhile, the re-balancing of character classes and level variety might actually trump Bad Company 2 proper. Battlefield fans will probably argue over whether to play Bad Company 2 or its expansion in the months to come. But when it comes to choosing between arguably the best multiplayer game of the year and its excellent expansion, that seems like a good problem to have.

Sheesh, might be time to fire up the Interference PS3 Bad Company "clan" again.

I'd like to join as well at least if I'm online at the same time as you guys in the USA which doesn't seem to happen very often.

I'm really getting sick of Black Ops. When I can play without problems it's fun but now I'm having a lot of connection problems. And my Playstation also freezes a lot during the game. I have to be online for about two hours to be able to play one hour. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom