Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #346
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:55 PM
that's about the only good thing it's for

Old 05-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #347
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 10:55 PM
This coming from a guy who hasn't logged in on his PS3 in like 2 months.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #348
Blue Crack Supplier

I've never been an online gaming guy - I've almost finished FF 13 which has been very disapointing
Old 05-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #349
Blue Meth Addict

You don't need to be playing online games to log into PSN. What else have you been playing?

FYI, NSW finally got hooked on Fallout. He seriously played through the entire game, and all of the DLC, in like a week and a half.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #350
Blue Crack Supplier

A WEEK AND A HALF??!! Did he sleep?
Old 05-22-2010, 02:43 AM   #351
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
I've almost finished FF 13
I think this'll make you the first.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #352
ONE
love, blood, life

What PS3 owners got Red Dead Redemption? I need proper posse.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #353
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:55 AM
Send me $50 and I'll join your posse. I'm quite invaluable at all these games since I seem to whip everyone's ass around here in online gameplay. Yeah, I said it, bitch!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #354
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Is Red Dead Redemption anything like the GTA games? I know they're both Rockstar, and those GTA games bore the living shit out of me, but I would still try RDR if it were different than GTA.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #355
Blue Meth Addict

I enjoyed GTA4 for the first week or two I had it, and then got really frustrated with the mission structure and lack of saving, and was annoyed by the terrible shooting mechanics. I've probably already put more time into this than I did GTA4, and I'm still incredibly hooked. The physics engine and the format of how you acquire the "story missions" is the same structurally as at least GTA4 was, but most of the complaints about that game have been fixed or refined, and the general setting and overall game play ends up feeling quite different because of the period. For big "open world" type game, this is probably the best there is (and you know how much I loved / worshiped Fallout 3), and the most "real" feeling world as well. It's also far and away the best "western" game there's been, and the uniqueness of that setting really pays off in making it fun and interesting to play. This is one that you could possibly rent for a week to decide if you like it enough to buy. It's absolutely enormous game, and there's tons to do outside of just the main quest type things. I've seriously put a major amount of time into it already, and I'm only like 20% through the single player. It seems like the type of game to me that most people could find at least something they love in it.

Plus, you could ride in a posse with NSW and I over Xbox Live, and commit old timey hate crimes against both man and nature.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #356
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I enjoyed GTA4 for the first week or two I had it, and then got really frustrated with the mission structure and lack of saving, and was annoyed by the terrible shooting mechanics. I've probably already put more time into this than I did GTA4, and I'm still incredibly hooked. The graphics / physics engine, and the format of how you acquire the "story missions" is the same structurally as at least GTA4 was, but most of the complaints about that game have been fixed or refined, and the general setting and overall game play ends up feeling quite different because of the period. For big "open world" type game, this is probably the best there is (and you know how much I loved / worshiped Fallout 3), and the most "real" feeling world as well. It's also far and away the best "western" game there's been, and the uniqueness of that setting really pays off in making it fun and interesting to play. This is one that you could possibly rent for a week to decide if you like it enough to buy. It's absolutely enormous game, and there's tons to do outside of just the main quest type things. I've seriously put a major amount of time into it already, and I'm only like 20% through the single player. It seems like the type of game to me that most people could find at least something they love in it.

Plus, you could ride in a posse with NSW and I over Xbox Live, and commit old timey hate crimes against both man and nature.
Awesome. Thank you. Maybe I'll pick it up one of these days. Is there horse thieving? Are there sheep? I'm part Scottish, so I like sheep. I can't help it. Don't judge me.

Also - is this a sequel to the other Red Dead game? I remember hearing that one sucked.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #357
Blue Meth Addict

I haven't actually seen sheep yet, but there's pretty much every animal that would have existed in Texas and Mexico, so there may be some later. Yes, you can steal horses, but it's more fun to just shoot your posse member's horses in the head while they're riding them.

I didn't play the other one, so I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure I've heard they have no relation other than the name. I think Rock Star just bought the franchise name, and decided to use it for some reason.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #358
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Yes, you can steal horses, but it's more fun to just shoot your posse member's horses in the head while they're riding them.
I thoroughly enjoyed riding in the back of a stagecoach with my entire posse, then shooting one of the horses in the head and having it fall to the ground and get run over by said stagecoach
Old 05-26-2010, 01:20 AM   #359
Blue Meth Addict

Haha, one of my douchebag friends did the same thing while I was driving the coach.

I got the achievement for hogtying a woman, putting her on the railroad tracks, and watching her get ran over by the train tonight. "Dastardly".

Messed up, but pretty funny to try to get.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #360
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I got the achievement for hogtying a woman, putting her on the railroad tracks, and watching her get ran over by the train tonight. "Dastardly".
I really hope you had no idea that was an achievement until after you did it

Tags
video games