The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AS I've said to you guys before, I missed the whole Halo thing and so it's just too late for me....hope you guys enjoy Reach, though!

Reach is a prequel to the entire series, so you could always give it ago if you so desired. Even if you have no interest in the campaign and such, Firefight mode (Halo's equivalent of Horde) will be awesome.

Speaking of which, Beav and Imps, we will have to commit some Covenant murder together soon.

I'll be down to Horde Firefight it up tomorrow, I'm sure. I'm not doing the midnight release thing since I've actually had sex with a woman, so I'll get the game on my lunch break or after work tomorrow.

Mike, if you decide to eventually give it a go, we'd be more than happy to have you. Well, maybe not Beav.

Imp - what's your gamertag?

Mark Cuban.

I'm not doing the midnight release thing since I've actually had sex with a woman, so I'll get the game on my lunch break or after work tomorrow.

Haha, you bastard, I'm tempted to get it tonight. My laziness will probably win the battle, but I'm at least considering it.

Edited for stupidity.

I have no idea when I'll be able to play this game, but I'm getting antsy about it now because I think my step-dad is just not picking it up to fuck with me.

When I return from my 2 weeks away from Seattle, if you guys are loving the game and still playing, I'll probably buy it....but, please do keep in mind that I have no idea how to play the fucking thing.

When I return from my 2 weeks away from Seattle, if you guys are loving the game and still playing, I'll probably buy it....but, please do keep in mind that I have no idea how to play the fucking thing.

Most shooting games are basically the same. Takes a little while to get used to the maps and weapons. I got wrecked online last night in my one game.

Are you guys still playing Bad Company 2? Have been playing it since about July (found a used limited edition copy with an unused code :evil:) Love it, I loved the first Bad Company game but wow have they ever tightened up the controls.. everything moves so smoothly. I'm on PS3, username is RavvaNB if anyone is interested in playing sometime.

Has anyone tried the new Metroid? I hear it's a bit different than the Prime series.

Are you guys still playing Bad Company 2? Have been playing it since about July (found a used limited edition copy with an unused code :evil:) Love it, I loved the first Bad Company game but wow have they ever tightened up the controls.. everything moves so smoothly. I'm on PS3, username is RavvaNB if anyone is interested in playing sometime.

Has anyone tried the new Metroid? I hear it's a bit different than the Prime series.

I havent been on for a while, but I'll add you next time I am. I still play Bad Company 2 sometimes.

I saw a video of the new metroid. It looks awesome!

I played a few hours of Reach this morning. Can't say much about the story mode because my little brother wouldn't stop talking to me, the living room tv is terrible (something's wrong with the picture tube and everything's orange), and I generally was just kind of antsy to play multi-player (which is me being the biggest hypocrite in the world), so I only played the first level. It was pretty standard Halo fare. I'm curious to see what the story mode ends up being because I read Fall of Reach ages ago and was hoping it would feature a bit more of the book than it apparently does. Again that's only based off of one level, I need more time to spend with the story mode.

As for the multi-player, I just screwed around in Rumble Pit for a while. I had no idea about all of the racing games. They're ridiculous fun, but mostly pointless. The skull capture game is insanely difficult, I'm not sure if that one's new or not, but I don't remember it. And this zombie horde thing is fun but way too fast.

So, all in all after about 2 hours of playtime, I'm pretty happy. Will be glad when I eventually own the game for myself and can play it on a tv that has all colors of the spectrum as well :wink:

I'm in the same position as NSW (what) in that I'm not familiar with earlier Halo games, since I never owned an Xbox. But considering the scores Reach is getting across the board (hell, it got a 10 in Destructoid, who I tend to agree with on a more regular basis than any other gaming media) I'm pretty sure I'll be checking it out.

Right now though, my most anticipated game is this: Home Page | Age of Empires Online

And it's free, so you have no excuse not to battle me when it comes out. Don't worry, I'm sure the Hebrews will be in there.

As long as you understand that I love Age of Empire...as long as I'm playing the tutorial levels. Once they let me off on my own, instant destruction occurs. I want to do things, I'm smart, but the game is apparently too smart for me.

StarCraft II
+
Civilization V
+
Gran Turismo 5
=
Oh god the sunlight burns my eyes

One consequence of my name selection on the PSN that I didn't consider was the fact that now every time I spoil someone's fun on Call of Duty, I get to hear, "Fucking Bono/Boner."

I will say that Reach is probably my favorite of the Halo games. NSW - if you think you'll miss out cause you didn't play the others, I assure you, you won't. This is pretty much stand alone, controls are standard, and the story is real good. I'm about 3/4 of the way through, and it made me realize that the first was my favorite, but this one is better. It's just fun, yet challenging. Check it out.

Haven't done too much online yet, but from what I have, that's also a blast.

Yeah man, I'll probably be on later this week. You should get your Invasion on with us. We've been having some quality laughs.

Scums, you going for the new DLC for Red Dead? After reading about it, I think I'll take a pass. Horse races aren't particularly enticing, and I read the new hideouts and hunting grounds are pretty lame. Also, playing as Irish or Seth doesn't do much for me, especially considering those who don't have that DLC won't even see your character as being one of the new fifteen.

I'll probably pass on that as well, Imps. I'm trying to hold out for more single player / coop stuff. They're supposedly releasing some sort of "spooky" DLC in October, be it cowboy zombies or ghosts or something. I'll probably get that.

The weekly challenge in Reach is easily doable this week, just finish 30 multiplayer matches, and you're good. I'm already half way there.

Love all the Bioshocks and I was skeptical about this one.. but damn it looks good. Can't wait for 2012 for this one! Played through the first one again last week, god I love that game.

Is Fallout 3 along the same lines? I saw a used copy today and I know it's been called an action role player tag like Bioshock and I've read great reviews for it. How long is the game? I saw the Game of the Year edition with all the add-ons included and then the original one.. just wondering if the original one has a lot of gameplay as well. Thanks.

Also looking forward to the Vietnam expansion pack for Bad Company due in November. Black Ops looks good too.

RB, Fallout 3 is fantastic.

Beav, I'm still on the fence about Halo Reach, but thanks for the feedback.

I told Beav today that I'm going to pick up NHL 2011, and in exchange, he buys a fucking headset. If you think I have a NY accent, wait until you play with this prick.

I miss gaming. :( I should be back on LIVE by Thursday or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom