The Video Game Thread PEW PEW! - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #211
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:26 AM
I was wrong. but holy crap, how did I not notice Malcolm McDowell was Daedalus???
__________________

__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 03-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #212
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:26 AM
That's cool. Apparently they had Harry Hamlin do Perseus on the last game, so I guess it's not the first time they grabbed someone who played that character elsewhere to do the voice work for them in the game.

You may be further than I am, JT. I played some Mass Effect this weekend instead of God of War. I've played through all the parts you've mentioned though. I'm at the garden maze part, hopefully I get to smack Zeus' wife at some point.
__________________

__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 03-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #213
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Why don't any of you dickheads play The Show. Can't you, like me, put down the chainsaw or sword or staff for a few days?

Fuckers.

I'd throw a fastball right at your head.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #214
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
You may be further than I am, JT.
I had an embarrassing sunday marathon yesterday and beat it. for shame.


Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Why don't any of you dickheads play The Show. Can't you, like me, put down the chainsaw or sword or staff for a few days?

Fuckers.

I'd throw a fastball right at your head.
I only play baseball games with murderous robits

__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 03-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #215
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I had an embarrassing sunday marathon yesterday and beat it. for shame.




I only play baseball games with murderous robits



I need to balance the Show with Fallout 3, cos I'm currently ignoring the latter and I promised to try it again.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #216
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:26 AM
JT, that may actually be the last baseball video game I played (if you don't count Wii Sports Baseball, which I don't).
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 03-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #217
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:26 PM
There was an old school arcade game called "Pigskin" and the game would give you words of wisdom like "Always carry a concealed weapon", etc. If one team took too big of a lead on the other, the game would "SEND IN THE TROLL", a character that pretty much couldn't be tackled, blocked, etc. I think the game was actually played inside of a house. Maybe I dreamed it.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #218
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:26 AM
I had a bunch of credit at Gamestop, so I picked up Mass Effect 2 during lunch today since we were close to the store. I'm not even done with the first one yet!
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #219
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
There was an old school arcade game called "Pigskin" and the game would give you words of wisdom like "Always carry a concealed weapon", etc. If one team took too big of a lead on the other, the game would "SEND IN THE TROLL", a character that pretty much couldn't be tackled, blocked, etc. I think the game was actually played inside of a house. Maybe I dreamed it.
This made me laugh.

Not a dream though:
I-Mockery.com - Pigskin: The Best Football Video Game Ever!

__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #220
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
This made me laugh.

Not a dream though:
I-Mockery.com - Pigskin: The Best Football Video Game Ever!

Fucking awesome.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #221
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:26 AM
is the troll's dick hanging out from under his loincloth??
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #222
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Why are you looking at the troll's crotch, JT?
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #223
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
nielsgov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 8,598
Local Time: 07:26 AM
My playstation doesn't read any discs anymore. And I just bought Battlefield today.
__________________
nielsgov is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #224
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Ouch, that sucks! Have you tried completely unplugging it and flipping the power switch in the back? The system doesn't really restart with the general off button in front, it more goes into a "stand by" mode. A real restart requires the power button in back (or the power cord). What's your PSN gamertag by the way, nielsgov? I'm OkkervilRiver on PSN.

I'm very close to finishing the first Mass Effect, I think I just have the very last level of the main story left. Had a cool story twist happen last night when I was playing. I'm impressed how good the story is considering it's a game, it's been great even by Bioware standards in that department. I did every possible side quest (at least that I could find). Hoping to get my character to level 50 on the first play through, I'm at 48 now.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #225
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Ouch, that sucks! Have you tried completely unplugging it and flipping the power switch in the back? The system doesn't really restart with the general off button in front, it more goes into a "stand by" mode. A real restart requires the power button in back (or the power cord). What's your PSN gamertag by the way, nielsgov? I'm OkkervilRiver on PSN.

I'm very close to finishing the first Mass Effect, I think I just have the very last level of the main story left. Had a cool story twist happen last night when I was playing. I'm impressed how good the story is considering it's a game, it's been great even by Bioware standards in that department. I did every possible side quest (at least that I could find). Hoping to get my character to level 50 on the first play through, I'm at 48 now.
This is not a spolier, but please know that you can carry your character from ME over to ME2, and a decision or two you make towards the end of ME does have future ramifications. So, make sure that when you finish you do all the proper saving, etc.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
video games

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL - U2.Com - New Album Out In 2009 Pt. 2 Sicy Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 1000 10-02-2008 05:49 PM
U2 songs in new Grand Theft Auto video game? Headache in a Suitcase Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 24 09-08-2004 11:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com