The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never played Bioshock but own it, was thinking of playing that then Bioshock 2, but, not sure I really want to. Might pick up Alan Wake....might finally play Force Unleashed.....probably will revert back to some Horde at some point.....and I did want to play the DLC stuff for Dragon Age at some point, too.

Yeah, JT, you have not lived until you're in the middle of a gunfight and Deputy Impy comes rolling into town in a wagon, or, better, you're in a gunfight and Deputy Impy is on horseback, sort of moseying around town calm as can be as gunfire erupts all around him. That, or getting repeatedly sniped by Lance or repeatedly run over by Scumbo.

So what is the multiplayer like? Is it Modern Warfare-ish - but in the Old West?

I never really played online, but MW2 - it's like crack. I suck at it, but I can't stop playing it.

I was a MW2 junkie for a long time and a MW1 junkie for even longer before that. RDR is nothing like that though. Its more like Grand Theft Auto, but like, 10000x better.

Its shit. I got rid of it not long after buying it. Play Bioshock 1 though. For real, its amazing

But I like Jedi stuff. :(

Bioshock looks like it might freak me out too much. I don't want to be any more freaked out than I already am.

RDR highlight of the day:

Saving a woman from being beaten or raped or something by killing her assailant, only to hogtie her and dump her in front of a moving train.

Force Unleashed gets repetitive after a while, as awesome as force powers are, and features the most frustrating objective I've ever encountered in a game.

Bioshocks 1 and 2 are outstanding. Yes, it's a genuinely creepy series, but so ultimately worth it.

Saving a woman from being beaten or raped or something by killing her assailant, only to hogtie her and dump her in front of a moving train.

I need Red Dead.

Bioshock, while sorta creepy and such, wasn't ever really "scary". I don't think it would freak you out that much.

Speaking of which, I look forward to finally getting started on Alan Wake once I finish RDR's campaign.

I picked it up as well. I had $30 of credit on Amazon from the Red Dead deal and Alan Wake deals, so I got it for free. Woohoo and such.

Enjoy being a Big Daddy, Scumbo. This time you can do it without being flogged afterward.

I've still yet to play any video games with Interlanders, despite adding at least a couple of you on my brother's Live account. I fail.

GTA felt really repetitive whereas the missions in DRD are a lot more varied. Even the random crimes you run into on DRD are fun; I mostly avoided them in GTA. The story and the pacing are 100x better as well. So even if you thought GTA was boring, I'd still pick up RDR

NSW and I were discussing that yesterday while playing. Pretty much everything people found frustrating or annoying in the last two GTA's was fixed for Red Dead. The shooting and combat is great (finally), there are checkpoints in missions so you don't have to start from the very beginning if you die, the missions are fun and interesting, the world feels more realistic, its' far more immersive, there's much more to do, coop multiplayer is a blast, etc, etc, etc.

ENDING RDR Spoiler
I loved the way the game ended, beginning from when Dutch jumped off the cliff. Having you complete everyday tasks with your family for a while before the big climax was an awesome way to make you care about what was going on. Its nice to see a game company set up the ending the way they did instead of some cheesy montage cutscene. The very end when you hunt down the federal douchebag was pretty cool too.

Also, whoever did the voice acting for Dutch did a great job

You probably should note that your spoiler is about the ending. Luckily your first sentence didn't give anything away, and I quickly closed the spoiler box.

Red Dead Redemption Co-Op Pack Dated - Xbox 360 News at IGN

Rockstar Games has dated the free downloadable 'Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack' for Red Dead Redemption.

The pack will hit the Xbox Live marketplace and PlayStation Network on June 22, 2010. It includes six brand-new co-op missions and challenges. Additional trophies and achievements, as well as bonus multiplayer XP rewards will also be included.

Rockstar stated earlier today it plans to release a title update late next week to fix the game's multiplayer issues and bugs.

I can't promise that I'll wait, but I have a feeling that I'll have no problem playing through them multiple times, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Just saw this description of 3 of the 6 missions:

Rockstar has previously announced three of the missions in the pack. More details are slated to come in the future via the game's blog.

* Walton’s Gold - Walton’s Gang has taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!
* The River - Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.
* Ammunition - The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.

The patch is going to fix the games multiplayer issues, eh? The biggest issue is all the assholes in free roam who spawn farm you while you're trying to complete objectives. Good luck patching that.

I'm down to wait for NSW on some (if not all) of the new missions.

I have such mixed feelings on the public multiplayer.

On the one hand, I like the chaos of competing against the NPCs as well as rival posses.

On the other hand, the immaturity of your human opponents is usually off the charts, and that makes things a tad less fun sometimes.

Yeah, if you cats can wait on me for just The River one, I'd be overjoyed. It sounds like chaos. Thanks, Deputy.

FROM ROCKSTAR:

“We are aware that there are still some of you out there experiencing issues with Red Dead Redemption, including multiplayer connectivity and getting the Mo Van Barr bounty. We are currently testing a Red Dead Redemption title update for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 that aims to fix these and other items. Due to the unpredictable nature of the testing and console manufacturer submission process, we cannot pin down a very specific date and time, but we do expect this to be released for download for both systems by the end of next week. We can assure you we are working with our partners at Microsoft and Sony to make this title update available literally as soon as possible.

Once again, we thank everyone for their continued patience and understanding. As a token of our appreciation for your patience and in gratitude to all the Red Dead fans out there, we are also planning on releasing the Expert Hunter and Savvy Merchant outfits and related challenges later this summer for free. Please stay tuned for more details on that – as well as on the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Missions DLC Pack coming for free later this month.”

Red Dead Redemption Gets More Free DLC This Summer News | Video Game Event News, Latest Trailers | GameTrailers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom