The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno what time 24 is on, but I'm going to go on right now. Perhaps I will still be around

:)

I just learned that you must use the disc every time you want to use Netflix on the Wii....I thought that it was done as a software update.

:)

I just learned that you must use the disc every time you want to use Netflix on the Wii....I thought that it was done as a software update.

No, I figured that out pretty quick. I don't mind, just as long as I don't lose the disc :lol:

One of my friends was asked if he wanted another one when he used it. He ordered another just in case. I might do the same.

The servers were definitely acting up last night on Battlefield. Jive and I were two versus six at one point. In the next game we had no one to fight! Jive left and my one teammate and I took turns attacking the bases and shooting each other. :der:

Thanks a lot for joining, Feller. :angry:

Alright, I know I dropped the ball on the Gears of War 2 Hording it up with Scumbs and NSW, but I'll go ahead and give my word that a purchase of the next one will be made.

I'm going through some more PS3 exclusives at the moment. Really digging the first Uncharted, but can't wait to see how the second one improves on it.

They should really make a new one of this.

139252d1273217002-funny-strange-random-pics-maniacmansion-edisonmansion.png

Police Quest was so sweet. I was really bad at it though. I think it was Police Quest 4 where I kept getting stabbed by a naked crazy man down by the lake. Then when I did arrest him, I didnt search him well enough and he stabbed the cop at the station when I took him in to get booked. All the Quest games were pretty awesome

It's apparently been confirmed that Game Informer gave Red Dead Redemption a 9.75

hype, hype, hype, hype

It was probably already brought up like last page, but which console are you guys getting RDR for? I'm going with a PS3, which is definitely going to be online soon so stfu NSW.

As far as other games go, I've been playing around with God of War 3 a bit more, though I haven't finished Chaos mode. I was playing Heavenly Sword and Darksiders recently, and those games just remind me how great the fighting system is in the GOW games, they can't really be matched (Bayonetta's good too, but excessive and confusing as all hell). I also finished Heavy Rain, which I fucking loved a lot. There were some obvious problems, but overall I thought it was terrific and can't wait for more DLC stuff. And finally, I've been discovering the joys of Mass Effect 2, should have got it when it came out.

NSW and I pre-ordered it on 360. If a lot of people here get it on PS3, there's always the possibility that I could get it for both systems though.... I also have Alan Wake pre-ordered, it comes out the same day as Red Dead, and looks fantastic.

I pretty much hadn't touched Left 4 Dead 2 since the first night or two after I bought it, as the friends who also got it haven't been playing. Decided to throw it in earlier this week, and it really got me hooked again.

\ I was playing Heavenly Sword and Darksiders recently, and those games just remind me how great the fighting system is in the GOW games, they can't really be matched

I really enjoyed Heavenly Sword. I thought the story was pretty cool and liked the characters. Then again, I played it before GOW3

I like Heavenly Sword too (the story's definitely better than the GOW series, except for maybe the first one) - the voice acting's pretty cool, too. Just prefer the combat system in GOW games to the stance-appropriate one in HS.

Do tell what Alan Wake's like when you get it, Scumbo. I'm not entirely sure what you're meant to do in that game, is it sort of a Silent Hill and Heavy Rain hybrid or something?

Do tell what Alan Wake's like when you get it, Scumbo. I'm not entirely sure what you're meant to do in that game, is it sort of a Silent Hill and Heavy Rain hybrid or something?

Will do. I don't it's Heavy Rain-ish much at all, at least in regards to game play. I'm actually quite excited for it after seeing some review videos. It seems very influenced by X-Files / Twin Peaks in both story and setting. I personally loved both Max Payne games, so I have high hopes since it's the same developer.

I randomly decided to play some Super Mario Galaxy yesterday afternoon. I never finished it, and figured I should try before the sequel is out. Forgot how much fun it is.

EA and DICE have announced a co-op survival mode for the console editions of Battlefield: Bad Company 2, pairing you and three others against waves of AI drones on rejigged multiplayer maps:

DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio, today announced that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is expanding its award-winning multiplayer experience with the introduction of an all-new mode called ‘Onslaught’. This mode brings co-op gameplay to the Battlefield franchise for the first time ever on console. Coming soon, Onslaught mode will be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and on the PlayStation Network, creating more reasons for players to check out the game that Seth Schiesel of The New York Times says “is a better game than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.”

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught mode can be played with up to four players across four multiplayer maps – Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Isla Inocentes, and Nelson Bay – redesigned with new lighting, time of day, added vehicles and other effects. Each map has a dedicated gameplay focus, requiring different levels of teamwork in order to complete the objectives against an onslaught of enemy AI. Vehicle warfare comes to the forefront in Atacama Desert while Nelson Bay focuses squarely on infantry assault. Players can compete in squads and check individual progress via the dedicated Onslaught leaderboards.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode Announced For Consoles; PC Version Possible - Voodoo Extreme

:up:

I haven't touched the game since the last time JT, NSW, and I played together, but this should be pretty awesome.

That sounds pretty sweet. Cant wait to check it out. I imagine we may have all moved on to Red Dead Redemption by then though.

i also pre ordered Red Dead Redemption for the 360 and i've been going crazy waiting for it. i still haven't even done episodes from liberty city since i've been hooked on nba 2k9 since the playoffs started. and alan wake looks great too. not enough time in the day/months/year

edit: also, free multiplayer co-op RDR campaigns :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom