The Great Browser Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which browser is best?

• Total voters
Google Chrome feels the fastest to me, but Firefox has better support and a superior look.

I use Firefox, but I notice it frequently has issue with some video, and the other browsers work just fine. It's annoying, but it's life. I deal with it and move on.

I think Safari is REALLY slow.

I prefer Firefox, even on the Mac.

Firefox 98% of the time. For some reason though, it hates me if I use flash too long.

The other 2% = Google Chrome. If Firefox did the things with the main page, and autofilled the nav bar like Chrome does, I'd never use it. Though I must admit if Chrome let me hit ctrl+i to italicize on interference, I'd probably never use firefox either :huh:

Firefox. It works beautifully for me on Ubuntu (my main OS), Mac OS X and Windows 7 (my 'auxiliary' OSes).

lmao @ IE having no votes.

I use Firefox but I do encounter some problems occasionally with flash or video etc. Been too stuck in my ways to try google.

Firefox for me. I've tried to use Safari but I just can't do without adblock. It looks like there is an adblock for Safari now though. :hmm:

I do use Opera on my phone, only because the mobile Firefox I've tried is basically unusable. :grumpy:

Safari does some quirky things on our Macs at work and doesn't work well with some of the sites and java apps the schools CMS uses. In fact I don't think we even support it on Macs. I think it's FireFox and IE on both platforms.

I use Safari @ home and Firefox @ work, all in all I do prefer Firefox, but I have all my settings hooked in Safari already, and my wife has all hers in Firefox, so it's a good truce we've reached.

:D

cult.jpg

Back
Top Bottom