The Elder Scrolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The mounted combat update is apparently available now on Xbox 360. I bought a horse the other day in anticipation, but I seem to have misplaced it. It appears that if you buy a horse, find another horse in the wilderness, ride it, and then fast travel, the found horse comes with you and the one you bought wanders away. Then the found horse wanders away. Then you have no horse. How about that.

I've been playing Dawnguard! Do people want spoiler warnings if I mention awesome new things?

Armored husky dog!

I'm not playing as a vampire. After seeing their dining hall in the castle, I was too grossed out. And there are supposed to be two new types of dragon that are tougher than Ancient dragons, but I haven't seen them yet.

In summary, it's really good so far and definitely not a waste of $20.

I hadn't been playing Skyrim for a long time, and I finally became a werewolf and finally made more progress in the Dark Brotherhood. But, man, that quest called Death Incarnate was really disturbing. I wasn't expecting that, and I had to look away while Astrid was talking. That freaked me out. And poor Titus Mede. :( They try to make you feel guilty, just like they did in Oblivion.

Being a werewolf is pretty fun and the new werewolf perk tree is nice. There sure is a lot of blood flying everywhere, though. Actually, my whole experience playing recently has been pretty dark, after fighting gross vampires, riding Shadowmere, the DB, being a werewolf, and having my new undead buddies Arvak and Durnehviir. I need to go do some good deeds for a change, maybe pick some flowers and chase butterflies.

Yeah, the Astrid scene was pretty messy lol.

I need to get some DLC! Let's let the semester get in full force before I dare pick up a video game though (so I know if I actually have time or not).

:hmm: It reminds me of Raven Rock in Solstheim, but more involved, and looks like it's meant to give console players a taste of what mods are like on the PC. Although, I just bought Proudspire Manor. :grumpy: They need to add a realtor to sell my houses I won't be using anymore. Even though it doesn't look epic and exciting like Dawngaurd, I still can't wait to get sucked into building a fake house.

Hearthfire looks a bit more interesting than Dawnguard even if its smaller, but I'm cursed (same with Mass Effect 3) by the urge to wait until some later unknown date when it's all packaged together or on sale.

...Assuming Bethesda ever figures out how to make PS3 Skyrim DLC.

Saw this on Reddit, made me laugh:

3qosbw.jpg

I can no longer get home cooked meals in my game. Annoying, they were useful.

Rumors about next DLC:

Time for some spoilers form the latest beta. - Bethesda Softworks Forums

I can see Solstheim being "remade," since it's a fairly small area and enough time has passed in the game universe that it could be totally different, and if the lore states that Dunmer have moved there, that could be interesting. Good old Bonemold! That was my armor of choice when I first started playing Morrowind.

Nice. How were the previous two? I've yet to pick up anything on xbox since April. No free time, but it's coming in December.

I have a good feeling about this DLC, like it will be the best and most interesting so far. The tentacles on the mask in the teaser pic make me think of Ascended Sleepers or Hermaeus Mora crossed with a Dragon Priest. And check out the journal headings at the bottom of this pic:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:SR-prerelease-Dragonborn_DLC_Icons.png

:hmm:

Nice. How were the previous two? I've yet to pick up anything on xbox since April. No free time, but it's coming in December.

Dawnguard was worth it. Besides the additional questline, it comes with arrow crafting, some new creatures, and a plastic surgeon in the sewer that can change your appearance without having to start a new game. I don't have Hearthfire yet, so I don't know if it's any good.

Dude, I am so excited! I recognized so much stuff that makes me nostalgic for Morrowind/Bloodmoon. I see some familiar architecture (mushrooms!), a bull netch, ascended sleeper, reiklings, corpus stalkers (gross, I didn't miss them), and what looks like a familiar building from the Skaal village. And that dark-colored dragon reminds me of a Nazgul from Lord of the Rings.

:hyper: :combust: :nerd:

Dragonborn is amazing! I almost let out a fangirl squeal when I saw all the Morrowind-y stuff. Seriously, if you have an Xbox, don't just sit there, go get it!

Guys.

I didn't want to say anything.

But I finally bought this bitch.

I avoided doing so on purpose, because if I had it in my house I would get no work done.

Unfortunately, I bought it the week before the end of the semester.

It's been hard, but I have abstained so far.

In just a few days, you will not be able to pull me away.

Is this where you ride around on dragons? Because as burned out as I got on this game, if I can fly a fucking dragon, that will rekindle my desire to play. Notice how I used "burned" and "rekindled" when talking about DRAGONS.
I'm clever.

Back
Top Bottom