The Elder Scrolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RavenBlue said:
Yea the most recent patch has been screwing with me as well, especially when I try and go underwater, instant freeze.

I'm trying Bethseda's suggestion for right now

Skyrim 1.5 Patch: Bethesda Issues PS3 Freezing Fix - NowGamer

Here's to hoping it works *crosses fingers* I assume the archery kill cam was added in the last patch? Really like that.

Thats ridiculous. They definitely had problems before the ps3 release

Regarding freezing, It's been said with previous games, and should be said with this one as well. If you love Bethesda games, you probably shouldn't game on Sony systems.

It's unfortunate, but a lot of developers seem to have a nightmare making the PS3 version work as smoothly as 360 / PC. Bethesda in particular has had a pretty poor track record with the system.

Hopefully Sony allows their western offices to have much more input on the PS4 hardware, so they can have a system that not only looks good on paper, but is easy for developers to program for.

I'm running Skyrim on the PS3 and only had freezing issues once. It's been pretty flawless so far. Maybe I've been lucky?

It's frozen twice now on my 360 since I downloaded the last update. I had no problems before that. There's also a lot more lagging and skipping than there used to be.

Oh yeah, Bethesda says that info about the first bonus content for Skyrim will be announced tomorrow! :hyper: There are rumors that it will be something to do with Snow Elves and vampires. It would be cool to be able to reverse the Falmer's situation and change them back into Snow Elves and find out more about the Dwemer in the process. I really don't care about vampires, though.

gump said:
I'm running Skyrim on the PS3 and only had freezing issues once. It's been pretty flawless so far. Maybe I've been lucky?

It seems to be completely random, I finished Fallout 3 and all the add ons and I think it may have completely frozen twice? I have friends who couldn't play it at all... Bethesda is hit and miss in my experience but I am willing to put up with the bugs for the overall experience. It would be a different story if the game was completly unplayable of course, I have read horror stories on the bethesda forums...

Skyrim Dawnguard DLC Revealed - Xbox 360 News at IGN

After hinting yesterday that more info would be available today, Bethesda has officially revealed the name of their upcoming DLC for Skyrim. According to an image posted on their blog, the new DLC will be titled "Dawnguard" and will launch on Xbox 360 this summer.

No other information was revealed on the content of the new DLC, other than we can look forward to more details at E3. Check out the image below and see if you can surmise any details. What do you guys want out of Dawnguard?

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20120501002412674_1335900283.jpg

Half a year to get a name and a picture. Thanks, Bethesda. :wink:

I'm guessing vampires based on the glowy eyes and the use of the word "dawn" (since vampires don't like sunlight). Although it's interesting that they included arrows in the picture. Maybe dragon-mounted airborne combat? That would be better than vampires.

Has Bethesda released the toolset for Skyrim yet? I haven't really been following lately because of work. I still haven't beaten Skyrim :reject:.

It sounds like it's missing a lot of the detail that people like about the Elder Scrolls series in general, the whole focus of the series has been that you are the hero, the one to make the world right.

So far also the gameplay sounds exactly like every other MMORPG under the sun.

I like it for the exploration aspect, but it's not going to replace the regular series.

I saw some screenshots... It looks cartoon-y, like World of Warcraft. The good news is that it's being made by Zenimax Online and won't be interfering with Bethesda's usual projects. I might give it a try if it's not too expensive, although I don't know if my computer could handle it.

Yeah, I can't say I'm too excited. Don't get me wrong, growing up thr only thing I ever thought was missing from Oblivion was interaction with other users.

But this does kinda look like every other MMORPG. Like WoW. That's disappointing. An ideal game that would revolutionize the gaming industry (and this is obviously a huge, huge project) woul be to make a game such as Oblivion in the style of Grand Theft Auto IV where the world does not change and instead all of the users can move around as though they were in a playground. Of course... GTA IV online sucked ass. But I mean... it had serious potential. Don't change the world, just add to it.

I'm not really a fan of the art style in the online version. Tamriel was always very gritty and realistic. This makes it seem way too kiddy and takes away the feel of the entire series. :( All I wanted was co-op.

They've released the Creation Kit for PC; is that what you're looking for?

Yay!

So E3 is next month, right? I'm looking forward to finding out more about Dawnguard. Then I can have something else to get confused with Dawnfang, Dawnbreaker, Dawnstar, and the Mythic Dawn. :wink:

Mounted Combat arrives in latest Skyrim Update | Bethesda Blog

While we can’t share details on Dawnguard yet, we’re excited to announce another new feature making its way into the game… Mounted Combat! Like the recently added Kinect support (360) and new kill cameras, this highly-requested feature that was teased in the Skyrim Game Jam video is arriving by way of a free title update. In fact, by opting into the latest Steam Beta Update, PC users can check out the feature today.

As we have more details on the update – including when it will arrives on consoles – we’ll let you know.

Read the current 1.6 release notes below…

1.6 Update (all platforms unless specified)

NEW FEATURES

* Mounted Combat - Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse

BUG FIXES

* General stability and memory optimizations
* General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes
* Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks
* Fixed rare crash with lighting
* Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games
* Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs
* Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted
* Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played
* Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon
* Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly
* Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up
* Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly
* Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly
* In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory
* Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a county after committing a crime
* Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly
* Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly
* Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater
* Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
* Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
* Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)

DOWNLOADING THE BETA UPDATE ON STEAM

If you’d like to download the 1.6 Beta Update on Steam, you’ll need to follow these steps:

1. Log into Steam
2. Click on Steam in the upper menu
3. Select Settings
4. Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
6. Select OK.
7. Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.

If you opt into the Beta, be sure to back up your saved games or simply be careful not to overwrite your existing saves. If you decide to opt out of the beta program, your old saves will still work with the current release of Skyrim on Steam (v 1.5).

If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs. Let Steam restart, and Skyrim will automatically update itself back to the latest released version.

To provide feedback on the beta update, use our beta forum.

Back
Top Bottom