The Elder Scrolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
So, I didn't want to embarrass myself by posting four times in a row, figured now was the time. Hello, dedicated thread. I titled it this so we don't have to worry about the thread dying a cruel, cruel death once Skyrim talk dies down. I'm sure there will be a sixth game in the future.

Anyways, the reason I just had to say one more thing about Skyrim wassss....

http://capane.us/2011/11/24/dovahkiin-gutenberg/
:nerd:

I don't read enough books in real life to start reading books in Skyrim.

I really should play Daggerfall and see what that's all about. And more of Morrowind.

I actually am having a pretty good time reading these. No idea how far I get, but we'll see.

I've painstakingly gotten through 40 pages of Carl Sagan's The Demon Haunted World.

In two days.

I'm such a slow reader. You'd have to double my time on Skyrim from 200 hours to 400 hours if I were to ever read the books.

Gotcha lol.

What happens with an Elder Scrolls game when you "beat it"? Is it over or can you continue playing. Based on what I'm hearing about how Morrowind ends, I would assume it would be difficult to continue running around once the game's complete...

Well with Oblivion you're free to run around and do all side quests and whatnot.

With Fallout 3, the game ended and it was done. However, with an expansion pack, the ending 'continues' if you will. In Fallout: New Vegas, you can continue playing as well.

In Skyrim, and for all future games, it sounds as though you will always be able to play after you beat it.

You basically just alter the world in which you inhabit by your decisions as an RPG game, and whatever decisions you make will effect what happens in the world. In games like Oblivion, you only have one option. In games like New Vegas, there are upwards towards 10 unique outcomes, however the results are very irrelevant minus two to three different major decisions.

Gotcha lol.

What happens with an Elder Scrolls game when you "beat it"? Is it over or can you continue playing. Based on what I'm hearing about how Morrowind ends, I would assume it would be difficult to continue running around once the game's complete...

it didn't stop them

magicka-booth-babes.jpg

Gotcha lol.

You can keep doing stuff in Morrowind after the main quest. I've had that game since 2003 and still haven't done everything there is to do.

Lol.

Those blood dragons are so annoying. They literally hit you with that fire spray and you can't do anything about it until it decides to land. And then it does that little butt-wipe thing like a dog as it crawls after you. I was fighting one and I got it to half health and then it ran away. I don't know what ever became of it... I wanted to kill it.

Ha, that looked pretty cool.

I really wish I could buy Skyrim for the PC, but damn, I am just TOOO far in to start over now.

Lol.

Those blood dragons are so annoying. They literally hit you with that fire spray and you can't do anything about it until it decides to land. And then it does that little butt-wipe thing like a dog as it crawls after you. I was fighting one and I got it to half health and then it ran away. I don't know what ever became of it... I wanted to kill it.

LOL, I haven't seen a blood dragon yet, but they sound hilarious! :lol:

Frost and I (yes, he's still alive) were beating up on some bandits yesterday at Halted Stream Camp when a dragon flew in. It went in circles and roared a few times, and then just flew away into the distance. :scratch: I was a little disappointed.

Today we’ve begun rolling out Skyrim’s 1.2 update for PlayStation 3 (labeled 2.01 on PSN). The update is already available for users in Europe and we will let you know as soon as it’s up in North America. (Update: PS3 update is now available in North America)

Our current ETA for Xbox 360 and PC players is this Wednesday, November 30th.

So what does the new update cover? Details below…

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
Dragon corpses now clean up properly
Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
After releasing the 1.2 update, we will continue to monitor forums, blogs, etc. for issues you are reporting, and we will keep you updated on further updates to improve your gameplay experience.

Thanks for playing Skyrim.

Should fix the major glaring technical issues for both 360 and PS3 (first two items listed). I'll finally be able to install it to harddrive, hallelujah.

u2popmofo said:
Should fix the major glaring technical issues for both 360 and PS3 (first two items listed). I'll finally be able to install it to harddrive, hallelujah.

I saw that first item listed and smiled. Hooray!

Really feeling stupid that I finished that quest with the skeleton key so quickly... what was I thinking?!

I had a dragon circle me for like ten minutes once, and then it ran off. There was a note in the upper left corner that said the dragon grew bored and left. I wish my life was exciting enough that someone shooting lightning bolts at me is boring.

Odd... I've had them fly off on me but never have I gotten a note or message that's said anything as to why. And I've had that happen before, too. Where they fly around but they don't land.

It's really hard to grab their attention when they're not hostile. I sit there and I'm playing suggestive Calculus to try and estimate where to put the shot with my bow. The streamed magic wont go far enough and it's incredibly hard to get a bullseye with a bolt.

I've only gotten the dragon once with my bow when it was far away, and it triggered it.

They are extremely hard to hit with a bow! I shot at the one that didn't fight, but missed it every time. I should have used Unrelenting Force, since that usually gets their attention.

Boosh!

Yeah, I finally started using some other shouts. Animals coming to my aid... always fun. I wanna call that at the right time so a Sabre comes to my aid and mauls somebody.

Frost is dead. :sad: I don't think I'll reload this time, since I just did a lot of stuff that I don't really want to do again. I confess, I do feel a little bad about it.

I roll with TWO horses these days.

...well I would if I still had the game, anyways:(

I've still yet to use a horse. My companion sits in my living room. Maybe I'll go get her killed or something.

I haven't played in like 10 days. Exams. Exams. Exams. I'm burning the midnight oil but for a different reason tonight. No sleep for this cat. And I'm only procrastinating by making this message as long as I can.

I've had so many horses die now... or just plain disapear on me that I usually just hoof it. Is anyone else addicted to stealing cheese? :giggle:

I killed my first giant yesterday and then hid in the middle of a pond while the a mammoth stared me down. I felt my controller rumble, looked to my right and another mammoth was right there. I actually jumped a little, bastard startled me. I wish you got more off of a mammoth, like say ten of mammoth meat... considering their size and all. I feel guilty for just walking off with the tusks and snout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrhDamN82k

I was wandering through a really cold-looking mountaintop and my controller was shaking at random. I think I was shivering.

A dragon was likely near. A lot of the tough ones guarding words of power are on lookouts on top of mountains. I learned that the hard way early in the game. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom