The Elder Scrolls - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2012, 02:22 AM   #121
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:55 AM
I think there's one more mission you have to complete first. It involves going outside and getting some fresh air

Old 01-16-2012, 02:32 AM   #122
ONE
love, blood, life

This is my first time playing Skyrim in like... a week

Old 01-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I just bought a house. What a shithole
It is a tiny, tiny place
Old 01-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:55 AM
Picked up Morrowind at a flea market yesterday. It's a pretty good game. Though incredibly easy to get lost. There doesn't seem to be any destination marks for quests. Or maybe I just haven't found the button yet.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #125
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 03:55 AM
Quote:
I just bought a house. What a shithole
You're supposed to buy decorations for it, complainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
This is my first time playing Skyrim in like... a week
This weekend was my first time playing the game since mid December. Finally finished off a couple time consuming achievements (get to level 50 & have 100,000 gold). Sorta wondering if I should just start pushing to finish the campaign or guild quests.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenBlue View Post
Picked up Morrowind at a flea market yesterday. It's a pretty good game. Though incredibly easy to get lost. There doesn't seem to be any destination marks for quests. Or maybe I just haven't found the button yet.
Nope. No compass, no quest markers, no fast travel. Use Mark and Recall, Divine or Almsivi Intervention, the Mages Guild, boats, and Silt Striders to get around. Morrowind is quite challenging but a lot of fun, especially once you level up a lot. Steal everything, sell it, and use the money for training to level up quickly; there's no training limit. Have fun with the Cliff Racers!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #127
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
You're supposed to buy decorations for it, complainer.
for real? From where?

I saw a video where a guy had a bunch of corpses in his house. I'd like to do that
Old 01-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #128
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
for real? From where?

I saw a video where a guy had a bunch of corpses in his house. I'd like to do that
The person you paid money to buy the house from should now have options for decorations. It'll look really nice when you get them all, and you'll have chests to store your loot, dragon bones / scales, and such in.

Apparently you can buy a house in all the major cities, but you have to do so many things either for the jarl of each city, or for citizens in the city. I still haven't received an option to buy one in Riften, and I've done a ton of quests there, hopefully it's not glitched.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #129
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
The person you paid money to buy the house from should now have options for decorations. It'll look really nice when you get them all, and you'll have chests to store your loot, dragon bones / scales, and such in.

Apparently you can buy a house in all the major cities, but you have to do so many things either for the jarl of each city, or for citizens in the city. I still haven't received an option to buy one in Riften, and I've done a ton of quests there, hopefully it's not glitched.
I've got the houses in Solitude, Markarth, and Whiterun. Yeah, basically you need to become Thane and do 'tasks' for people in the town. I haven't even attempted to get the Windhelm house yet, and when I tried to get the Riften one it was increasingly difficult. I'm in the same boat as you, afraid that it's glitched.

Although I read a bit about it online and it might just be a pain in the ass to have that dialogue enabled. Who knows...

Also, in addition to player owned homes, guilds, safehouses, etc., there is the wooden mask 'home' in Labyrinthian where you can store all of your stuff.

I just tend to store everything in Breezehome though, because it's close to the gate in Whiterun. Whiterun is a small city as well, and the vendors are all close by. Solitude is way too big to be running to that house, Markarth is a pain in the ass to find the right stairs (which makes it equally as big as Solitude), and I'm not even sure where the house in Riften is but I would imagine it's not as convenient as Whiterun. Never seen the Windhelm house.

That being said, the quickest loading time will be the wooden mask at Labyrinthian, hands down. The only downfall to that is, of course, that the area has no vendors.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh, and speaking of decorations...

I have a history of doing this with all Bethesda games that I've played. Over the course of the game I choose a specific item(s) to stack up and when I feel like I have enough, I dump them all out in my house.

For example, I saved up 400+ pre-war money in Fallout: New Vegas and dumped it all out in my penthouse suite. I then proceeded to place a bomb in my room and effectively made it 'rain money'.

After I got the Stones of Berenziah perk, I figured it was time to start a new collection. You guessed it... I don't sell gems anymore. I keep all gems and all jewelry stored up. I have 1000+ diamonds, emeralds, rubies, sapphires, etc. that I'm just going to dump in my living room. It will be fun.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #131
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:55 AM
Quote:
for real? From where?

oh......I thought you were joking about the decorations. yeah, you definitely talk to the guy again in order to upgrade various parts of the home and make it feel warm and fuzzy.

As far as houses, Whiterun is pretty nice and conveniently located near the entrance, and is centrally located in Skyrim, only there's no Arcane Enchanter which can be a bit annoying. Windhelm's house is pretty shitty architecturally, but has everything AND is in a city with a smelter, which becomes a problem when you try and buy a home in Solitude.

Riften and Markarth are too far out of the way to be really great spots for me to store my odds n ends; I don't like wasting time during fast travel.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #132
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
The person you paid money to buy the house from should now have options for decorations.
Oh, that whiny little bitch? I'll see what he has, but if I'm not impressed with his wares, I'm chopping his head off with my axe
Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #133
Blue Meth Addict

Haha, wait to do that after you buy the upgrades. It's worth it, the Whiterun house is actually really nice once it's decked out.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #134
ONE
love, blood, life

The Solitude house is easily the nicest.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #135
Blue Meth Addict

I still haven't even entered more than half of the major cities.

Not sure why, I just know that I'll be overwhelmed with new quests when I do.