The Elder Scrolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
priority #1A++: DRAGON MOUNTS

dead last? Kinect Fus Ro Dah

edit: ok, this video is pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYOFLqItuW4

seeing the stuff in motion makes the whole idea list look a lot better, particularly mounted combat, dark dungeons, and the MUDCRAB LORD

if they're adding a lycanthrope/vampire skill tree, they might as well tweak/delete a few of the more useless skill trees, like lockpicking. Or for example, I'd like to be able to upgrade/buy a very weak bow with a great sight and work on that rather than grinding ten hours to unlock the sight skill.

^ :shocked: I had heard about that stuff, but didn't know there was a video!

Mounted combat would be nice; it seems like they should have figured out how to make that work by now. Morrowind and Oblivion had enchanted arrows, so it seems odd that they left that out this time. I really don't care about the vampire stuff since being a vampire is more trouble than it's worth. And I've always wondered, if you're supposed to be Dragonborn and have the soul of a dragon, wouldn't it be nice if you could actually turn into a dragon? Being able to ride them would be good, too.

I'm just really glad that they're considering all this stuff, especially for the sake of non-PC players who can't use mods. I can't wait to see what they actually decide to do!

want

Skyrim inspired helm with beard and bracers by LegendaryCrafts

il_570xN.311193735.jpg

Wow, that picture made me laugh harder than it probably should have. Good stuff.

^ agreed

I've found a new (to me) quest glitch. Where I go to start the Purity quest with Vilkas as soon as I leave Jorrvasker the quest switches to being done and Vilkas doesn't go to Ysgamor. It also makes it so I can't take any more companions since Vilkas is supposed to be coming with me... but he just stands there all derpy. I've seen a couple fixes online for it.. but I'll probably just reload an older save and leave the Companion quests alone for a bit.

Awhile back I lost Lydia. We were at Trevas watch and when I fast traveled to Whiterun she didn't follow. I guess she might have died.. I can take on other traveling companions.

Here's a video of me Fus roh dahing Aela off a cliff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGVneVOng2o&feature=g-upl&context=G2a476bfAUAAAAAAAAAA

There's some low-hanging fruit that Bethesda could pluck in order to make the late-game less tedious. The biggest breakthrough, I think, would be the ability to earmark any future progression in an otherwise maxed-out level 100 skill (for me, Light Armor and One Handed) towards skills I've ignored. For example, right now I have to lug around a suit of Heavy Armor. I don't want to wear Heavy Armor, I don't like the look of Heavy Armor on my character, nor will I invest the precious perks into the tree to make the choice ultimately worthwhile, but the game is basically forcing me to do so in order to get any skill bonus out of being beat upon by enemies since Light Armor has stopped contributing.

To minimize using this to make jack-of-all trades uber characters, they could restrict this repurposing for skills under the same Job tree, so I couldn't use One Handed to build up my Alchemy or Sneak. In the meantime, all the Heavy Armor is also clogging up my inventory space. From the very start of the game I usually felt like I could use just 10 or 15 more space to haul junk around, and I think that'd still be a reasonable figure that lessens the burden while preserving the necessity of choice.

I need a faster horse; preferably one that can sprint for 1.5-2x as long as the current slowpoke I'm riding around on.

Of course, some irritation would be fixed by simply starting over with a new character. I was a Stormcloak lovin' female Breton who used swords and shields and joined the Dark Brotherhood. Next time I'll be a law-abiding Imperial male (Khajit? Elf?) mage who hunts down the DBs.

I beat the main quest today. Too many draugr.

Stenvar joined the Blades and now I feel lonely. Maybe I should go find a nice lizard man and get married.

I beat the main quest today. Too many draugr.

Stenvar joined the Blades and now I feel lonely. Maybe I should go find a nice lizard man and get married.

Draugr draugr everywhere

I cranked up the difficulty to Expert and proceeded to get char-broiled by Drelas in Drelas' Cottage, and then frozen solid by the Ancient Dragon circling the mountain just above. My new goal is to get good enough at enchanting magic resistant armor so that I may last more than a minute there; because this level 100 Dragonscale armor sure isn't helping as is.

Have got a hunch that however it works out, it's going to be a hostile fire mage Drelas vs. an Ancient Dragon vs. me and my Storm Atronarch + Odaviing.

Speaking of getting frozen solid - the worst possible thing you can do (even on easy) is to anger the monks at High Hrothgar.

They will not let you get back up. But they're really not strong enough to kill you, either.

Draugr draugr everywhere

I cranked up the difficulty to Expert and proceeded to get char-broiled by Drelas in Drelas' Cottage, and then frozen solid by the Ancient Dragon circling the mountain just above. My new goal is to get good enough at enchanting magic resistant armor so that I may last more than a minute there; because this level 100 Dragonscale armor sure isn't helping as is.

Have got a hunch that however it works out, it's going to be a hostile fire mage Drelas vs. an Ancient Dragon vs. me and my Storm Atronarch + Odaviing.

LOL, I wandered into Drelas' Cottage at level 2 or so and had to run away really fast. I haven't been back, since I figured he might be part of a quest or something. I wonder what his problem is, anyway. Do you have Spellbreaker? That's pretty good for blocking magical attacks. Sneaking with a dagger is always good, too.

I got Odaviing to fight a group of mammoths and giants and they beat him! He went into the staggering animation that followers do when they're almost dead and the giants and mammoths came and killed me. They sent me into orbit, which is always hilarious.

Nice to know that it's not just me. Odaviing blows.

The wikis don't say that there's anything involved with Drelas, he's just pissy. Which is nice, I guess- surely there would be a lot of people just running a nice cottage and growing herbs out there.

Question for the more experienced: I lost my companion (I forgot her name, but the one you get in Whiterun once you become a Thane). We were fighting giants and she got catapulted, never appeared again. Is there a way I can find her?

Question for the more experienced: I lost my companion (I forgot her name, but the one you get in Whiterun once you become a Thane). We were fighting giants and she got catapulted, never appeared again. Is there a way I can find her?

If she returned "home", she should be in your house in Whiterun. If you don't have the house there yet, she should be in the big hall there (Dragonsreach? Can't remember if that's the name or not). If she's not in either of those places, her lifeless corpse is probably somewhere in Skyrim. :wink:

I think it's probably the latter then. I returned to the hall and she wasn't there, and I don't have a house yet. I was fighting the giants while standing in a bunch of rocks, so maybe she's stuck there? I'll have to go back and check.

Typically fast travel will warp them to where you are, unless you asked her to stay there. Allowing a few days of in game time (you could wait for 96 hours or something in game) will send them back to their "home" if they're waiting.

If the giants launched her into space, then she's dead. Are you wanting to find her so you can take her stuff? I would think that what goes up must come down, so she's probably out there somewhere.

Nope, looked everywhere but she wasn't there or in Dragonsreach. Very strage, she just vanished. It's not a big deal, I just wanted to get a companion back, but I guess I need to find a new one.

If the giants launched her into space, then she's dead. Are you wanting to find her so you can take her stuff? I would think that what goes up must come down, so she's probably out there somewhere.

Certain companions are indefinitely invincible. Mjoll could be launched high into the sky (it happened all the time). Also, most of the werewolf fellows were all pretty invincible. But yeah, I lost the companion from Whiterun. She mysteriously died, I don't know when or where. She was working as a pack rat so I lost some valuables.

Lydia! Her name is Lydia!

Started a new character (Altmer mage Esteban!), and pretty much had to force myself to follow the Imperial path at Helgen. It's awfully hard to not be bitter that the Empire was ready to execute you, and "gosh I wish we didn't have torture chambers" is not a convincing line to persuade me of Helgar's righteousness. Although I suppose Stormcloak sympathizers get the counterpoint later on in the story once they experience the racism at Windhelm.

I started off thinking I would be a Stormcloak, even killed a few imperials guarding Stormcloak prisoners, but in the end I found the views of the Stormcloaks much more distasteful than the Imperials who seemed to have better ideas on governance than most.

I love the way they are advancing the timeline, as Skyrim is obviously set during the sort of twilight years of the empire (the fall the Roman empire as such). The next game I guess will be probably something to do with the Thalmer.

That said they've indicated that the expansion packs for Skyrim are going to be huge, with some indication they are looking at integrating Morrowind and Cyrodil provinces which you can see off in the distance in the game.

there's some pretty cool efforts out there in the Steam Workshop/Skyrim Nexus

one of the best ones is an attempt to put the cities into the overworld; basically you just walk up and open the door and there you are.

and this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZJis-pbCKI

adds a lot of character to Whiterun. a touch too many trees, perhaps, which would help engine performance by rendering fewer shadows, but again: pretty cool

I started off thinking I would be a Stormcloak, even killed a few imperials guarding Stormcloak prisoners, but in the end I found the views of the Stormcloaks much more distasteful than the Imperials who seemed to have better ideas on governance than most.

I love the way they are advancing the timeline, as Skyrim is obviously set during the sort of twilight years of the empire (the fall the Roman empire as such). The next game I guess will be probably something to do with the Thalmer.

That said they've indicated that the expansion packs for Skyrim are going to be huge, with some indication they are looking at integrating Morrowind and Cyrodil provinces which you can see off in the distance in the game.

Same here, I think I'm going to join the Imperial Legion instead of the Stormcloaks. I got to thinking that since my character is an Argonian, that would make more sense. I can't really imagine an Argonian wanting to help a Nordic rebellion, or even being accepted by them in the first place. In my next game I'm going to be something else and join the Stormcloaks. I also want to try being a magic-based character, since I've never really done that before in an Elder Scrolls game.

It would be great if they incorporated the Morrowind mainland in an expansion pack, especially since they only included the island of Vvardenfell in the game Morrowind. That part of the world can't really be made into its own game since there's already been a game set in that province, so this is really their best opportunity for that. I hope there are cliff racers!

Doing the mage thing in a new file. Man, loading times are fast! I wonder how much of that is starting a new game from scratch with patch 1.4 and how much is all the objects I've never seen that the game doesn't have to think about.

Starting over also really illustrates how freaking slow the game's pace gets by 150+ hours in. Here, every Companion and Bounty quest is based out of Whiterun and has me running around those plains, so there's a pretty fast, steady drip of level gaining and perk skills to feed off of. I'm at Expert difficulty and it's been fairly breezy so far now that I know not to mess around with Lockpicking or Alchemy.

I've been wanting to do the full mage thing as well. My argonian, Kermit, is mainly an arrow guy.. but I've been wanting to up his hack 'n slash abilities as well. I haven't really done any duel wielding, except with magic. So there's another thing. And I still completely suck with two handed weapons. They are so damned slow! I was having a ton of glitches on this game (this is my second file) but they all just seemed to right themselves about a week ago.. something I'm very happy about. Lydia, however, never did return and I have no idea where her stash filled body is. Oh well. Love playing as an Argonian.. being able to go underwater and stay there is pretty sweet.

Back
Top Bottom