The Elder Scrolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel disorganized because I have so many unfinished quests! That's good, though, because I won't run out of things to do for a very long time.

So it's been nearly two months since I got Skyrim and I still have a long way to go to finish it.. and there are still places I haven't discovered yet. Love this game. I had a funny glitch with Paarthurnax.. I was talking to him and all of a sudden he whips upwards and starts glitching in a circle high above me. The conversation continued, and he eventually glitched back to earth.

Not sure - but from what I understand if you go and stick it in the TES Wikia or the other one, people will hear about it sooner or later!

So it's been nearly two months since I got Skyrim and I still have a long way to go to finish it.. and there are still places I haven't discovered yet. Love this game. I had a funny glitch with Paarthurnax.. I was talking to him and all of a sudden he whips upwards and starts glitching in a circle high above me. The conversation continued, and he eventually glitched back to earth.

My brother just told me the same thing happened to him on his PS3. I still haven't seen any major glitches on my Xbox, knock on wood.

My brother just told me the same thing happened to him on his PS3. I still haven't seen any major glitches on my Xbox, knock on wood.

this happened with him when I first met him (PS3). For the first 15 seconds or so I thought it was a very....strange artistic choice, and then I went :|

the second time happened while I was facing an Elder Dragon in Winterhold. I spent a long time pegging it with arrows in the College courtyard before it started eating townsfolk, and then when I sauntered over there and delivered what should have been the killing blow, it suddenly flew back over the College, started flying in a tight circle, and began spiraling lower and lower through the castle, through the cliffs, and then into the earth. It finally got so low in the world that the battle music stopped......and then the dragon flew straight back up and exploded in the College courtyard.

I just two hand chop the shit out of people with that crazy axe buddy made for me

That's how my brother plays; he just barges into places and chops everything to pieces with a giant axe. I like to sneak around and put arrows through people's heads or do a 15x dagger attack. I discovered that if I dual wield daggers and do a power attack with both triggers, my character does some awesome ninja moves.

Bit late to the party but just got a gaming pc and got Skyrim, just a wonder though, is every fort in the game overrun by bandits/mages/witches? It does not say much about the effectiveness of the imperials and stormcloaks as fighting forces.

Huah!
Huah!
129165183641273000.gif

It had been awhile since I picked up Skyrim, so when I booted up the game again and was in Riften with my lovely newlywed/companion Aela, I decided to hoof it out to Whiterun and skip the fast travel to pick up some Tamriel atmosphere. I told Aela she could leave so I wouldn't be bogged down, then started descending the switchback road from the Rift into Eastmarch. That's a really impressive stretch of game geography, and especially around twilight there's a strong impression someone at Bethesda bothered to simply pay attention to how it felt.

After finishing Skyward Sword this weekend, I decided as long as the Wii was plugged in to quickly check Twilight Princess. The field north of Kakariko really....looks unimpressive now, basically being a flat slab of terrain pasted together for bandit hog battles. (I do wish that horse gameplay was part of Skyrim, because racing and chopping at people was fun; it's just a shame that there's such a weak area to do it on. Think of it on the Whiterun steppe!)

That got me thinking that between Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword- Nintendo is actually pretty bad at building 3-D overworlds. The first three titles simply couldn't deliver enough content for the scale of the world they were trying to throw out there, and even granting Skyward's surface-level insularity as a deliberate choice, the sky world is quite bland as well (no one played Skies of Arcadia?). Technical considerations should certainly be taken into account, assuming the Zelda team is ridiculously limited by what the Wii can output compared to the 360 or PS3, but the one 3-D game I didn't mention-Majora's Mask- is a bit of a spoiler. There, they shrunk the scale of game world, but tied in each region visually to one another (seeing the mountains from the Great Bay, the Stone Tower from the mountains, and of course the giant scowling moon perpetually crashing into Clock Town) and placed a tangled layer of characters on top of that. The world was lived in, it simply made sense to me. So that's the one Zelda title I think really satisfied its ambition, and it's no surprise to me as time goes on Majora's Mask is starting to accumulate some serious reputation beyond being an Ocarina of Time knockoff.

I picked my way across the steam vents of Eastmarch and exploring a few stray caves I had missed, eventually reaching Fort Amol, a castle of mages that had scared me off 140 hours (!) earlier when first trekking to Ivarsted. There was one guard circling the bushes on patrol as I walked up, so I ducked behind ready to stab, started following....and following...and following as the figure stepped further and further away from Amol, when I realized it was Aela. While I had stopped, distracted by every bunny and shiny object in sight, she had been relentlessly trekking her way back home to Jorrvaskr in Whiterun. Of course. Yes, well, she lived there.

Stenvar is my new buddy. I upgraded his weapons and armor and now he's a human tank. He's not very good at sneaking, though. He and I went to get Spellbreaker today and got puked on by the Afflicted. That was lovely.

^ agreed

Having beaten the main quest on my first character, I decided to start over with a new character. My Argonian, Kermit, is doing quite well and dare I say it.. I'm enjoying it even more the second time around. With my Redguard, I am mostly hack and slash.. but I've been honing my skills of the bow with Kermit.. with great results. I really enjoy just heading into the woods and doing some general hunting.

I never travel with a companion with my Redguard, Sparky. But with Kermit, I've allowed Lydia to come along. She does well at holding my valuables, and fights well. But damn, she is a crappy sneaker. I'll be crouched in a corner waiting for the opportune moment and all of a sudden she will just barge through and reveal our positions. Tsk tsk.

Bethesda Shows Skyrim DLC Ideas - Xbox 360 News at IGN

During his keynote at the DICE 2012 games industry convention in Las Vegas, Bethesda's creative director Todd Howard showed a sizzle-reel containing various ideas his team have put forward for the future of the game.

The ideas had come from a company-wide creative session at the end of last year called Game Jam. Howard had asked his team to go away and create ideas that could be added to Skyrim. He stressed that they were all "experiments" and added that he has "no idea if they will be released as DLC," adding, "maybe. we don't know".

The ideas shown included:

Spears
Kill cams for magic
Water arrows
Giant mud crabs
Paralysis runes
Seasonal foliage
Speedy water currents
Dragon mounts
Dark dungeons
Adoption of children
Advanced home building