The Elder Scrolls - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Hmm....but where is that breathing ability even useful, though? I rarely went underwater, and the few places I did go, the Volsung Mask was enough to keep me alive. Also?

Quote:
Kermit

Muffle is a great spell to build up Illusion with. I'm confused why Atronarchs have so little effect on Conjuration....I'm going to try Bound Swords and see if that has a better effect.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobvok View Post
Hmm....but where is that breathing ability even useful, though? I rarely went underwater, and the few places I did go, the Volsung Mask was enough to keep me alive. Also?
Personal preference I guess.. I usually throw him in there if he's low on health.. or just to fish. lol. Wish there were more hidden treasures underwater.

On my first character (Sparky the Redguard), I went the Stormcloak path. And at first it seems somewhat valiant.. and then it just seems so racist. I felt so bad being a Stormcloak lol.

I love muffle, one of my favs. I wish there was a transmute spell for real life. That would be sweet

Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenBlue View Post
I've been wanting to do the full mage thing as well. My argonian, Kermit, is mainly an arrow guy.. but I've been wanting to up his hack 'n slash abilities as well. I haven't really done any duel wielding, except with magic. So there's another thing. And I still completely suck with two handed weapons. They are so damned slow! I was having a ton of glitches on this game (this is my second file) but they all just seemed to right themselves about a week ago.. something I'm very happy about. Lydia, however, never did return and I have no idea where her stash filled body is. Oh well. Love playing as an Argonian.. being able to go underwater and stay there is pretty sweet.
I never got into two-handed weapons, either. They're kind of a nuisance, especially now that I'm so used to faster one-handed weapons. Water breathing is really nice, and if I play as something else I forget that I can't do it anymore and I realize that, oh crap, I'm drowning. I was glad that they made water breathing automatic in Oblivion and that it's not a spell you have to cast anymore like in Morrowind.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #214
Blue Crack Addict

Speaking of Morrowind.. I was sick in bed today was playing it on the Xbox. Getting further along.. need to find a mortal and pestle so I start experimenting with ingredients. I wonder if they will ever remaster this one?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #215
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post
I never got into two-handed weapons, either. They're kind of a nuisance, especially now that I'm so used to faster one-handed weapons. Water breathing is really nice, and if I play as something else I forget that I can't do it anymore and I realize that, oh crap, I'm drowning. I was glad that they made water breathing automatic in Oblivion and that it's not a spell you have to cast anymore like in Morrowind.
Oh, that's why I've never drowned. I honestly had no idea
Old 03-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #216
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:04 PM
The closest you would get to a remaster is of Morrowind is if you had a PC and could download the updated texture packs and character models people have made (pretty excellent quality to), but they require a relatively good system to run.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I love Morrowind the way it is. It's so charmingly blocky and there aren't any physics. And you just gotta love the insults.
"Die, Fetcher!" "You N'Wah!" "S'wit!" "We're watching you... Scum."
Old 03-04-2012, 02:51 AM   #218
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenBlue View Post
mortal and pestle so I start experimenting with ingredients.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:04 PM
I ended up buying Morrowind for about 10 dollars the other day. I will turn to it once I'm done with Skyrim (which may take a while). I'm sure it will be fun.

I feel bad now for having joined the Stormcloaks, given that I'm a Wood Elf. I did so at the beginning of the game and hadn't realized it would be strange.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
My bad.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Been taking a break from Skyrim lately and resumed my Oblivion game. Such a beautiful landscape!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #222
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The Companions just sent me on a mission to rescue "<Alias=Victim>" from "<Alias=Lair>".
Old 03-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #223
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

After I killed Jaree-Ra in his bandit hideout, he slid down a slope, but his tail stayed at the top and stretched all the way down to where his body landed. It reminded me of glitches in Oblivion.

I got rid of Barbas after only a few hours of him following me. He barks constantly, detects me when I'm sneaking (which causes enemies to detect me and makes stealing impossible), and bumps into me when I'm trying to pick up objects. An invincible dog would be nice, but he was just too annoying.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #224
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I need to stop thinking that I am God-Empress of Man, but the game's making it pretty easy, even on Expert.

Once I decided to start paying attention to Enchantments, the Dragons really became simple. The local Winterhold Jarl told me that there was a Dragon up on Mt. Anthor, so I ended up blasting firebolts in all directions up at the summit trying to lure him out late at night. It wasn't until I grew bored and spent 2 hours with autowait that I turned around and saw a Dragon perched atop the Word Wall silently, gently peering at me. A sneak bow and arrow woke him up, and then the fight began.

I wish the game were a little more structured, away from the Fedex Man component that delivers packages from hovering arrow to arrow and more towards regionalization of the individual areas/holds and escalation of Dragon fights as a boss fight in of themselves. I think Elsweyr is a natural extension for the DLC; it's like Skyrim except dirtier and browner, and the white blowing snow can be converted into blowing sand.

I'm progressively knocking off the lists from my screen as they come. I'm trying to decide how well the Skyrim music toes between memorable melodies and generic atmospheric fluff: here's a Youtube link to crank up the next time you fight a Dragon:
Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #225
Blue Meth Addict

Patch 1.5 info (and video of the new kill cams):

Now on Steam: 1.5 Beta Update featuring new kill cameras | Bethesda Blog