The Elder Scrolls - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #136
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Hopefully coming next week (or the week after if certification takes longer):

Current 1.4 Changelog (all platforms unless noted)

NEW FEATURES

* Skyrim launcher support for Steam Workshop (PC)

BUG FIXES

* General optimizations for memory and performance
* Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequin’s in player’s house. (PS3)
* Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
* Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
* Memory optimizations related to scripting
* Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
* Fixed crash in Haemar’s Shame if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”
* Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
* Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
* Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
* Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
* Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
* Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home
* Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
* Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
* Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
* Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
* Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
* Fixed memory crash with container menu
* Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
* Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
* Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail
* Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks

QUEST FIXES

* The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”
* In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
* Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest
* Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly.
* Fixed issue progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests.
* In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
* In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
* Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpose unaccessible
* In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
* “The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
* Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”
* Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing
* In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
* In “Under New Management”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
* “Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest
* Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
* “Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
* Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
* In “The Coming of the Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
* Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
* Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
* “Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
* Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly
* Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
* Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine woud block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”
* Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly
* In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
* In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
* Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly
* Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:15 PM
* “The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
* Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
* “Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
* Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating

Looks like they fixed all of my bugged quests.

That being said - still doesn't show the fate of the Thieves Guild and whether or not I can get that last special quest from Delvin Mallory...

Old 01-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #138
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 11:15 AM
They said this round was the "most commonly reported major bugs". Next rounds will have more, and more, and more.

I ran into my first really frustrating bug. The lizard woman who is supposed to give me a quest, so I can eventually buy a house in Riften and become Thane, doesn't seem to exist in my game. I found a number of other people online saying they had the same issue, she likely died from a dragon attack in front of the city, and I didn't realize at the time. Because of that, I have no way of ever doing those quests, buying the house, or becoming Thane. Not a big deal, but I spend so much time there with Thieves Guild stuff, I would have liked having a house. Hopefully it's "fixed" in the future.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Glad to see some fixes coming. Hopefully it will mean less freezes. Though *knock on wood* it has been going pretty well lately. Been playing some Oblivion as well. It's neat hearing people talk about Skyrim there and seeing some of the same books and such.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
* Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
That was a, uh.....pretty gruesome situation. Glad it got fixed.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Cicero.. man that dude has the most annoying voice ever
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #142
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
They said this round was the "most commonly reported major bugs". Next rounds will have more, and more, and more.

I ran into my first really frustrating bug. The lizard woman who is supposed to give me a quest, so I can eventually buy a house in Riften and become Thane, doesn't seem to exist in my game. I found a number of other people online saying they had the same issue, she likely died from a dragon attack in front of the city, and I didn't realize at the time. Because of that, I have no way of ever doing those quests, buying the house, or becoming Thane. Not a big deal, but I spend so much time there with Thieves Guild stuff, I would have liked having a house. Hopefully it's "fixed" in the future.
I would imagine that the Tonilia 'I already sold my Thieves Guild' armor glitch that ruins the entire Thieves Guild questline is pretty common because it's triggered by user error.

But at the very least they fixed Repairing the Phial. That was the easiest quest to bug considering Briar Hearts are not exactly rare.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #143
ONE
love, blood, life

Are some of these issues glitches though or are they realistic consequences for making decisions? If a game is going to be truly open world and true to life, then there has to be instances where you've made a previous decision that keeps you from completing other tasks. It's really not much different than missing a few coins in Mario Brothers because you used up your takooni suit before you got far enough in the level
Old 01-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #144
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Are some of these issues glitches though or are they realistic consequences for making decisions? If a game is going to be truly open world and true to life, then there has to be instances where you've made a previous decision that keeps you from completing other tasks. It's really not much different than missing a few coins in Mario Brothers because you used up your takooni suit before you got far enough in the level
No, it's a glitch. When you sell your Thieves Guild armor, there is nothing you can do to retain it. This is indeed a glitch and not a consequence, because unique items generally are supposed to always be available for buy back from vendors.

Furthermore, with the inability to re-obtain this piece of armor, Tonilia becomes glitched and you can no longer speak to her about anything else other than said piece of armor. Her conversation gets looped. It sounds as though they've at least fixed it so that you will be able to trade with her, but that's about it.

It stops at least two quests from being completed. Without that quest being completed, it is 100% impossible to get the achievement although coming within 99% of doing so.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #145
War Child

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Skyrim seems like such an immense hassle and stressful game to play.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #146
ONE
love, blood, life

To me, that's only the case if you're replaying the game.

Otherwise, it's not a hassle in my eyes. It's the exploration of a whole new world yet unseen.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #147
ONE
love, blood, life

I just can't remember anyone's name or the name of half of the cities I visit
Old 01-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post
Skyrim seems like such an immense hassle and stressful game to play.
I thought so too until I started playing. It's only as much of a hassel as you want it to be. You could probably just do the main story and not get too annoyed. I'm not the kind of person who needs to get trophies and stuff.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm the kind of person who needs to rob every house in every city and visit every location on the map.

Come to think of it, it can be quite stressful
Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:15 AM
something minor about dialogue that bugged me once I looked at the map insert is how almost no one ever refers to local features like mountains or rivers. "oh I love fishing on Lake Teva!" "Life is tough in the Hjaalmarch."

Throat of the World is the notable exception, I think.