The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've dropped my Samsung many a time. Too many times. Got no case on it. It's got some scratches and a rather noticeable ding on the corner, but it's held up extremely well. It really goes against all of those people who say that Samsungs have shitty build quality. I'd rather have a phone that won't break when I drop it than something made out of fancy materials that can't handle a waist-height tumble.

For those of you who root and have big screens, I highly recommend the Paranoid Android Jelly Bean ROM's. Great stuff.

I have been contimplating using that Rom, but I need to know how good the battery life is and what issues there are? I am on Universe 2.3 Rom right now (ICS based) with Google Now.

apps can be inexpensive, women - cheap

free and 10 cents are my limits

not all of us are living lives of leisure in the bay area.

It may sound kinda sad, but I have been waiting all year to see if they would do something like this again. I was hoping that it would 1) still be $.10 and 2) Be around Christmastime (last year it felt like a fun Christmas gift to myself), but I'm still super psyched, and downloading up a storm.

I am using Universe 2.3 for the Epic 4G touch. Stable and battery life is awesome. I want to install a JellyBean rom but battery life is still an issue and I've heard of Pimp my rom, can you give a better explanation Mikal.

Basically it's an installer that you flash in recovery and you can set several kernel and battery tweaks. I'm running JB AOKP right now and getting really good battery life.

I always use mobile Odin to el26 when flashing roms.

I recommend flashing AOKP, then boot, let the Rom settle, then reboot to recovery and flash Pimp my ROM.

Make sure you read up on Pimp my ROM a little first and fully understand what each tweak does.

Congrats on your upgrade. Looks like an official Jelly Bean leak just happened for my S2 as well.

I had thought about biting the bullet and spending $600 on the Note 2 and then selling mine on Ebay, but I think I'll gladly wait until next Black Friday when I'm eligible for an upgrade. By that time, the S4 will probably be old news, lol.

Gosh, being a diehard smartphone consumer is grueling. By a new phone and 6 months later you feel like your phone is from the stone age!

Been running the synergy jelly bean rom now for awhile and I must say it's awesome. Super fast and outstanding battery life.

I'm planning to buy an android smartphone but I don't know which one. I don't need a super fast one, mainly because they're too expensive. Two phones I've been looking at are the Sony Xperia Sola and the Samsung Galaxy S Advance. So that's also the price range I'm looking in (€200-300).

The most important aspect for me is the music player. Storage capacity isn't that important because I'll be adding a micro-SD anyway.

Could anyone give me any tips. Which brand has the best music player?

nielsgov said:
I'm planning to buy an android smartphone but I don't know which one. I don't need a super fast one, mainly because they're too expensive. Two phones I've been looking at are the Sony Xperia Sola and the Samsung Galaxy S Advance. So that's also the price range I'm looking in (€200-300).

The most important aspect for me is the music player. Storage capacity isn't that important because I'll be adding a micro-SD anyway.

Could anyone give me any tips. Which brand has the best music player?

I'd probably go S3, though I'm not sure what carrier options you have done I'm in the US.

One word of advice though, I didn't think I had a need for a high end device until I actually owned an android. Plus, I wouldn't worry about the stock music player because there are so many 3rd party apps on the market.

Those deals aren't profitable for me as I don't use these expensive (what do you call it?) contracts. I pay approximately €15 every two months. Wifi is enough for me.

I'd probably go S3, though I'm not sure what carrier options you have done I'm in the US.

One word of advice though, I didn't think I had a need for a high end device until I actually owned an android. Plus, I wouldn't worry about the stock music player because there are so many 3rd party apps on the market.
I'll see that for myself I guess. :wink:

I'll still buy a mid range first. Otherwise I'd just buy an iPhone.

So is Samsung really the best on the market at the moment?

do a google search, a large portion of iPhone owners are walking aroung with cracked screens, I see them all the time, I liked my iPhone, I had it for 4 years, I also paid $100 to replace the cracked screen about 4-5 times. I have had a Samsung Galaxy IIS for a year now. I know I have dropped it at least 10 times. The glass won't break or scratch! That reason alone is why I would never go back to iPhone. Also I like maps. And the micro SD card slot allowed me to add 32 gig to the 16 gig it came with. I can buy and swap out a battery.

Aside from all that. The user interface is just fine, plenty of apps. And I don't have to let iTunes have control over my music. iPhones are a little easier to use for old people. That is the market they are going after now. So get one if you want more face time with grandma.

looking at the two phones you mentioned , Sony Xperia Sola and the Samsung Galaxy S Advance,
the Samsung is a better phone.

Back
Top Bottom