The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I checked out the Nexus today. Gorgeous screen, didn't seem too big. But for me the dealbreaker is the radio. The signal strength was about 10 worse than my Inc and the Rezound/Razr. Since I already get bad signal in my office with the inc, I fear it would be non-existant with the Nexus.

the only time i've noticed the radio issue is when i'm in an area with a low signal strength to begin with... so that may be an issue if you say you already work in a low signal area, but they're supposed to address the signal issue on the next software update, which considering it's a nexus, should be pretty soon.

i also came from a 3G droid X to the Nexus, so i may not notice the radio issues with 4G as much as someone who's already had a 4G phone. we'll see how it goes when the next update rolls out.

as far as the screen being too big for the human hand... that's just silly. i have no issues reaching all corners of the phone when it sits in the palm of my hand.

the battery issue is TBD. you can't judge a phone's battery quality in the first week of use. A), you need to fully charge and drain a battery a few times to get the maximum usage from the battery... B) you're playing with the new phone so often, trying out all of it's features, etc. etc. during the first week that obviously you're going to drain the battery quicker than with normal usage.

also... google wallet is now fully flashable to the nexus, no root access needed. i've been buying stuff with it since sunday morning... the look on the face of the cashier alone is priceless.

add that in with a beautiful design, nexus access to software updates, and yea... the fucking software :drool:... ice cream sandwich is amazing...

i love this phone.

i'm thinking about buying an Android tablet. anyone have the Acer A100? i'm not looking to spend a ton of money, and this one is going for $250

I hear the asus is the tablet to get regarding android. Hey headache what ics features do you like msf

By the way the android Market is selling most albums for 5 bucks right now and most tracks for 50cents

sigh, apple as usual afraid of innovating so they have to go around and sue. I hope the Jailbreak community, HP and others sue apple for patent violations also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gq-e0getf4M
Well the case in question was Apple suing HTC for ripping off its own designs, so kind of a reverse of that in that they thought that HTC was failing to innovate, but you do make a good point.

Intellectual and software patents in North America are a huge ball of yarn right now and are so complicated to sort out, it's such a PITA at the moment. Striking a balance between protecting the creative work of firms and at the same time allowing enough competition to make great devices is a really tricky balance to get right.

I have to admit I am rooting for Android just because a more diverse offering of mobile OS is better for us, the consumer in the end.

Hell, Windows Phone is offering a spectacular interface right now that is doing things really differently than Apple or Android for that matter.

Justin24 said:
Hey headache what ics features do you like most

The all around feel is so much better, quicker and cleaner. The swiping to get rid of things in the notification bar seems like a minor detail but its one that I've really enjoyed. The keyboard is incredibly accurate in word prediction and spelling correction. The new task manager is great... and I haven't missed physical buttons one bit. Putting the Widgets in the app drawer works very well... and I love the folders. I've put nothing but folders in my dock, separating my most used apps by function.

Yea... that's not one function. But I love me some ice cream sandwich.

Pulled the trigger on the Rezound tonight via Amazon Wireless. It was $150 with no sales tax and free shipping. After I trade in my INC, it will cost be $100. Sweet.

Phone should arrive Friday.

I am so excited for a 4G phone. Hopefully my Mom has 4G coverage at her house, since I will be there for Christmas.

very nice Trojan. Is the rezound the phone that has Beats technology in it?

Yeah, but I don't know how much that will be a good thing for me. We will see if I listen to music on it more than I did with my INC. I'd listen to Google music more, but part of my commute is underground. I will try to load some music on via DoubleTwist though.

I'm really excited for video on this phone though. I can't wait to watch some youtube concert vids on it. I tested out Zooropa in store and it was gorgeous.

the ASUS looks a little out of my price range, looking to spend closer to $250-$300. gosh, that does look really nice though.

Pulled the trigger on the Rezound tonight via Amazon Wireless. It was $150 with no sales tax and free shipping. After I trade in my INC, it will cost be $100. Sweet.

Phone should arrive Friday.

I am so excited for a 4G phone. Hopefully my Mom has 4G coverage at her house, since I will be there for Christmas.

Is that price only if you sign up to their plan?

the specs on that phone look very good
almost the same as the Samsung Skyrocket I just bought

8 mp camera, 16 gb drive, plus micro sd card, > Staples has 32 gb Sandisk on sale for $39, btw.
a 4.3 screen vs my 4.5, bout the same, beats the hell out of 3.5 iPhone.

remember the 10 cent app sale??

well, Android Market has a new sale for music, mp3s

MILLIONS OF MP3S ON SALE

We're proud to offer you over half a million albums for $4.99
and over ten million tracks for 49¢.

so i just got a really cheap android tablet (Dropad A8). rooted it and flashed it with custom firmware, and it's phenominal. glad i didn't spend $500.

Back
Top Bottom