The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canadiens1131 said:
Not really looking for that.

What I mean is, if I have a photo stored on my Android device and go to a website in the browser with an upload image dialog box, can I upload an image from there on the Android?

Absolutely. That's how I uploaded those screens..was a cinch. The screenshot was automatically saved into my droids gallery upon pressing Power Menu->Screenshot…then once logged into any app say here, fb, twitter etc...basically any app with a share or upload button, its one more step and a dialogue opens by default to the droids gallery, select photo and it gets uploaded.

today's 10 cent apps
mostly games,
I bought the slideIT keyboard, editors pick? 10 cents? ok.

couple a days ago, I bought the Swift X keyboard, using it, like it a lot, it is worth at least 20 cents. Great buy for a dime!
If I don't like SlideIt, it will be a wash on keyboard purchases. :shrug:

I got both keyboards too, but the one I still like best is the Thumb Keyboard 4 I got as the Amazon free app of the day a few weeks ago. Pretty much been buying all the non-game 10 cent apps this past week. :)

oh man when i saw your first attachment i hoped it would change based on the time of day. that's awesome.

Yeah really cool...and you can add stuff like more snowflakes, faster, swirly, random Santa sightings, Aurora Borealis (which I have turned on, so nice!) and of course moon/sun, etc. What color the Xmas lights are. The trees are 2D and they sway in the wind. So nice, I'm really digging it I hope they come up with a nice one for summer and fall like this!!

Made some improvements I had 3 different time displays happening before lol...also removed the black bar in the dock to get more of that nice scenery and also the unnecessary icon descriptions.

screenshot-1323786951371.jpg

Here is mine. Still a work in progress. Got the wallpaper and such from mycolorscreen.com

i-CTtkLQX-L.jpg

i-b43BrJb-L.jpg

i-S3FjQHL-L.jpg

i-wpRVJ87-L.jpg

Showoff!! lol

Very nice!

I can't get mycolorscreen to work on my phone. First off, there's no app for it, secondly, when browsing to their mobile version, the upload button is missing. Therefore, I'm reduced to using the submit via email function. Kindof defeats the purpose of the whole thing imo..but I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Here is a reply from the founder of mycolorscreen

Hi, Justin These are all in our long term plan. The upload will be through the app itself. The reason behind the wait is that our web app is not yet complete and we would like to iron down all the possible main features for the web app first and move on to the mobile app. Stay tune for more detail.

I guess that's positive news but honestly it seems counter-intuitive to force people to have to upload screens by sending them to a PC first / emailing them in. It makes no sense, the whole thing is about your phone, has nothing to do with a PC / email environment. :shrug:

I would go with the Galaxy Nexus if you want a pure google experience with out the bloatware and to be the first to get upgrades from Google.

I'll look into the Nexus more. I don't like the fact that some of these phones are being crippled with lack of features like non-removable battery and non-expandable memory. I'll avoid the Razr - saw some review which mentioned a 7 hour battery life with normal use.

I would go with the Galaxy Nexus if you want a pure google experience with out the bloatware and to be the first to get upgrades from Google.
For me the biggest challenge Google has with Android is trying to deliver a consistent and speedy experience across a ton of devices with a ton of carriers.

Sometimes it doesn't always work out for the best, which is why the Nexus appeals to me since it's a Google-backed device.

I hope HTC hurries up and gives us ICS!!! I also wish sprint got this phone!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
The jump from 3G to 4G alone us amazing. Combine that with a phenomenal OS in ice cream sandwich and a great phone? Yea... this is mobile heaven

Apparently with this setup others are doing neat things like tweetcasting coughvarsitysportingeventscough :shifty:

:wink:

As I have posted before, I really like my new Samsung Skyrocket Android much more than my old iPhone.

my carrier is AT&T, I get unlimited data, and roll over minutes, both grandfathered from my 4+ years being a paying customer.

looking at the specs on the new Samsung Nexus phone
I think the Skyrocket is better than the Nexus

here are the specs

The Nexus vs. the Skyrocket:

Size:
The Skyrocket, weighing 130.5 grams, has a dimension of 129.8 x 68.8 x 9.5 mm. On the other hand,
the Nexus has 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.9 mm dimension and weighs 135 grams.

Display:
The Skyrocket sports a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels and about 207 ppi pixel density, while
the Galaxy Nexus has a contoured glass Super AMOLED display and uses a larger display area - 4.65 inches. The resolution has also been increased to 1280x720, giving the device a pixel density of 316ppi.

Processor:
The Galaxy Nexus will feature 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU, TI OMAP 4460 chipset with 1GB RAM.
Skyrocket is powered by a 1.5 GHz Scorpion dual-core processor, Adreno 220 GPU, Qualcomm APQ8060 Snapdragon chipset with 1GB RAM.

Operating System:
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus will run Android 4.0, or Ice Cream Sandwich.
The Skyrocket runs on Android 2.3.5 software. It will, eventually, receive an update, sometime in early 2012.

Camera:
The Nexus has a 5 megapixel camera rear camera, which is accompanied with an LED flash and supports 1080p HD video recording at 24 frames-per-second, as well as a 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chat.
The Skyrocket features a rear-facing 8 megapixel LED flash camera with 1080p HD video capture capability and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera for video calling.

3G/4G:
The Galaxy Nexus has HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps and 4G LTE support. On the other hand,
the Skyrocket comes with HSDPA 21.1 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps and 4G LTE support.

WLAN/Bluetooth/USB:
The Galaxy Nexus supports Bluetooth 3.0 version with A2DP along with micro USB 2.0 version, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA and Wi-Fi hotspot.
The Skyrocket supports Bluetooth 3.0 version with EDR stereo along with mini USB 2.0 version, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi hotspot.

Storage:
Samsung's Nexus will have fixed 32GB internal storage capacity
Skyrocket has internal memory to the tune of 16GB and offers MicroSD card support up to 32GB.

Battery:
The Skyrocket comes with a standard Li-ion 1850 mAh battery that gives up to 7 hours of talk time and up to 256 hours of standby.
The Galaxy Nexus will also come with a standard 1850 mAh battery.

Not too expert on this stuff, but when do we think that Ice Cream Sandwich will be released for updates on other phones? And do you think it will come to the Samsung Captivate Glide?

I am jealous of Headache, too.

Thanks for the link, trojanchick. I'm not holding my breath too tight, but I think my Captivate Glide might get 4.0. It's already got 2.3.5 Gingerbread, plus it's got a dual core processor and a gig of RAM. And it came out not even a month ago.

I'd like Ice Cream Sandwich, but I'm pretty content with Gingerbread right now. I suppose we'll have to wait for TouchWiz to be adapted to 4.0 before Samsung releases their updates, won't we?

I've been Android about 3 weeks
and Gingerbread is just fine, much better than that iPhone OS.

Also, I am really happy with the Samsung hardware, 8 MP camera and 16 gb drive plus the 32 gb micro sd card.

60 days ago, it looked like AT&T was going to have a 4.3 screen, I would have settled for that, but then we got the 4.5.

I guess most people will be steered by their provider, my advise take a good look at the newest Samsung products, read the reviews.

My brother had the samsung galaxy s 2 on sprint and said it's the best phone he has ever had. I'm still rocking this evo 3d

I checked out the Nexus today. Gorgeous screen, didn't seem too big. But for me the dealbreaker is the radio. The signal strength was about 10 worse than my Inc and the Rezound/Razr. Since I already get bad signal in my office with the inc, I fear it would be non-existant with the Nexus.

Back
Top Bottom