The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin, you have a lot of enthusiasm for smart phones, which is great, I guess. But maybe you could keep your enthusiasm for Android products and your special brand of vitriol for, uh, "crapple?" in this thread?

The Apple thread is mostly posts about upcoming products and people getting simple technical questions about their products answered. Your couple of posts are just not contributing anything.

If you would like to genuinely discuss working conditions where our technology products from companies like HP, Nokia, Motorola, and Apple are made in the third world at Foxconn-owned factories, feel free to start a new thread about it and quote my reply to you from here. :up:

Here is an info-graphic detailing the current mess that is smart phone patent wars, since you guys seem to be pretty into them:

355ir.jpg

via http://blog.thomsonreuters.com/index.php/mobile-patent-suits-graphic-of-the-day/

Justin, you have a lot of enthusiasm for smart phones, which is great, I guess. But maybe you could keep your enthusiasm for Android products and your special brand of vitriol for, uh, "crapple?" in this thread?

The Apple thread is mostly posts about upcoming products and people getting simple technical questions about their products answered. Your couple of posts are just not contributing anything.

this forum is for people to post their thoughts and opinions, plenty of Apple product users post bitches and complaints about Apple in that thread:shrug:

people are constantly comparing/contrasting iPhones to Androids

as a reasonably satisfied 4 year iPhone user, I need to buy a new phone.
and hearing from both camps is useful, like anything on the internet, one has to use a filter.

I doubt I'd ever go back from Android. I've seen my friends iPhones and I've been fairly unimpressed. Mainly, I want flexibility and I want my phone to act as close to my PC as possible, and do a few things really really well. That's Android, in my books.

i'm actually getting annoyed with the lack of information from verizon about the galaxy nexus.

i know what they're doing... they're putting out the big motorola phone and the big htc phone, all filled with verizon bloatware, before they unleash the nexus on us. i get it. but come on... give us a release date already.

frankly if either the RAZR or the rezound had NFC i would have gone with one of those two phones and just waited a month or so for ice cream sandwich to show up.

I will be going with the Rezound later this week. I'm going to attempt to get it at $219 after my last NE2 discount. My current corporate discount shows the contract price at $269. I still like Sense and if I want ICS early I will be able to.

The Nexus looks amazing, but I don't need NFC. And yes, the lack of release date is annoying.

trojanchick99 said:
I will be going with the Rezound later this week. I'm going to attempt to get it at $219 after my last NE2 discount. My current corporate discount shows the contract price at $269. I still like Sense and if I want ICS early I will be able to.

The Nexus looks amazing, but I don't need NFC. And yes, the lack of release date is annoying.

I don't know if I actually neeeeeeed NFC, but I do believe it's the next major breakthrough in mobile technology, and if I'm going to get a new phone, which will be with me for two years, I want one that has it.

The possibilities with NFC, from payments to door locks to ticketing to metrocards etc etc etc is endless.

Heads up Android users you can rent the top 10 rentals in the Android Market Place this week for 99 cents!! (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt2, Fast Five, and more.

Also you can download the Live EP of Coldplay in Madrid for free from Google Music

Android is on a 10 day sale spree on certain apps. They will be posting daily selected (for 10 days) apps at a price of............ 10 cents!!!!!!

I just paid 2.89 for Beautiful Widgets on Saturday, now I find out it's 10 cents! Ah well, I bought 2 apps. Eager to see what's available in the next couple of days.

I'm up to 8. Unfortunately I've discovered in my initial effort to not buy Beautiful Widgets, I was able to find free alternatives to everything it does, so now I almost feel like I wasted ten whole cents on something I don't really need.

Also, the hilarious:Amazon is price matching!

bono_212 said:
Also, the hilarious:Amazon is price matching!

I saw that. That's nutty. But does Amazon have all the apps that the Android Market will offer? I've never used a Kindle before so I wouldn't know.

I saw that. That's nutty. But does Amazon have all the apps that the Android Market will offer? I've never used a Kindle before so I wouldn't know.
Probably not all, yet. They're slowly growing. You don't need a Kindle to use their app store, btw, and they give out a free app every day. Not Always great, but I've definitely downloaded a fair share of good ones.
I recommend ADW EX :) Anyone using Google Music?

I saw that was free today. This batch is sexy, pretty much all around.
I don't know if there's really a point in me using Google Music, as I have unlimited Amazon Cloud storage, and use it. Is there something Google will add to my music listening existence?

How do you have unlimited storage with Amazon? I thought you had to pay a certain amount for storage? With google music you can listen to your music on any computer since the "music player" is online. You can download your music anytime to your computer. If you buy an album from the google music store it will be available on all android devices (via cloud of course) and you can download the music to your device. Free Music of the day, lots of those free songs are by big bands. During Thanksgiving weekend they had selected studio albums at a price of $1.99. You can store up to 20,000 songs at the moment from Flac to mp3.

bono_212 said:
Probably not all, yet. They're slowly growing. You don't need a Kindle to use their app store, btw, and they give out a free app every day. Not Always great, but I've definitely downloaded a fair share of good ones.
What else can you use it for? Can you buy Amazon apps on an android?

Got ADW launcher today. Been using Go Launcher for awhile, but it's buggy. So for 10 cents, I figured "what the hell"?

So, I'm 3 weeks away from getting a new phone and at this rate the Galaxy Nexus will still not be released. I've tried the Rezound and Razr in store and at this point it's the Rezound. The Razr is too wide and I didn't like the screen as much. Still, will probably check out the Nexus too just cause.

Oh and I totally bought ADW launcher and Beautiful Widgets today.

How do you have unlimited storage with Amazon? I thought you had to pay a certain amount for storage? With google music you can listen to your music on any computer since the "music player" is online. You can download your music anytime to your computer. If you buy an album from the google music store it will be available on all android devices (via cloud of course) and you can download the music to your device. Free Music of the day, lots of those free songs are by big bands. During Thanksgiving weekend they had selected studio albums at a price of $1.99. You can store up to 20,000 songs at the moment from Flac to mp3.

I have an Amazon Prime account, music storage is unlimited, and data storage is up to 20 gigs.

Sounds like exactly what I have with Amazon, so, I don't really see myself using it, except maybe for daily deals.

What else can you use it for? Can you buy Amazon apps on an android?

Got ADW launcher today. Been using Go Launcher for awhile, but it's buggy. So for 10 cents, I figured "what the hell"?

It's an Appstore, just like the Android Market, they carry almost all of the same apps, but they run a lot of promotions and the like. As I said, I pretty much use it for the free app of the day. I don't have a Kindle, btw, just a G2.

Finally rooted my LG so now running the CM7 Gingerbread w/Ice Cream themes...fucking sweet faster than ever and 2 days battery life under heavier than normal usage! Love it!!

:up: which LG do you have? the optimus? that's what i'm running too. i highly recommend checking out the themes form at XDA Developers. so many great themes. i highly suggest "Eye Candy" and "LunarUI".

XDA is an awesome forum. I have more invites for mycolorscreen.com if anyone wants an invite :) PM if you want an invite. I think I have 7 available. I would root, but with the last update for the Evo3D it's kinda buggy right now.

So, I'm 3 weeks away from getting a new phone and at this rate the Galaxy Nexus will still not be released. I've tried the Rezound and Razr in store and at this point it's the Rezound. The Razr is too wide and I didn't like the screen as much. Still, will probably check out the Nexus too just cause.

Oh and I totally bought ADW launcher and Beautiful Widgets today.

ADW is cool, check out some of the Ice Cream Sandwhich themes to give your phone the ICS look.

Back
Top Bottom