The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll give that a look, I thought it only did Twitter.

I ended up accidentally finding out that Taptu, which I already had installed, is a more than suitable replacement, so I'm now using that.

Spent most of today "reorganzing" my home screens, now I only have stuff on three of them. Is there a way to turn the other four off?

Also, while I was looking for a replacement for Tweetdeck, I saw that Launcherpro has almost exactly what I'm looking for, but it's in the paid version. I was going to buy it, as I've been wanting to experiment with a new launcher for a while now, but all the comments for it are talking about how it hasn't been updated in months, and I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with it/knows if it's worth the money?

And it looks like Verizon's getting the Nexus (duh), but it may roll out to other carriers later.

holy shit!

peefer, what do you like about the iphone?
I simply want a phone that is easy to type with and has good Internet access. That's really it. My current phone does not access the Internet. I've talked to a few people (including a Droid owner) that I know and they all said go for the iPhone 4S.

Bono_212 I bought Launcher Pro when it first came out. Yes it's been a long time since it's been updated, I think the Dev is busy working on a rebuild. It does still work if you buy it. Launcher Pro is probably the best and most easy to setup of all the different launchers. I am currently using Go Launcher EX.

I simply want a phone that is easy to type with and has good Internet access. That's really it. My current phone does not access the Internet. I've talked to a few people (including a Droid owner) that I know and they all said go for the iPhone 4S.

it seems like the Droid users do a lot of different stuff

you will probably be happy with the iPhone, especially since it will be your first smart phone.

with the internet we can all do the research, along with talking to friends and probably be ok.

My main reason for going Droid, is I want the bigger screen. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I don't want to put on glasses to look at a 3.5 screen.

The cost of the phone, if it is $199, $299 or even $399 don't matter as much as the monthly service costs.

My 4 year old iPhone is $65 a month, with internet and texting.

When I price new phones and providers the monthly costs goes to the $100 - $120 range.

Am i saving $600 each year, I don't upgrade. :huh:

Well Sprint is 80 a month which includes 450 anytime minutes, unlimited calls to any cell phone (doesn't matter which carrier). Unlimited Data (text, web, roaming,email, etc...)

heck, if that's all you want i'd just suggest saving your pennies and going with a cheaper droid.

who's your carrier?

Justin24 said:
Bono_212 I bought Launcher Pro when it first came out. Yes it's been a long time since it's been updated, I think the Dev is busy working on a rebuild. It does still work if you buy it. Launcher Pro is probably the best and most easy to setup of all the different launchers. I am currently using Go Launcher EX.
I've tried messing with go launcher and I just don't care much for it. Maybe I'm just not using it to the best of its abilities.

KhanadaRhodes said:
heck, if that's all you want i'd just suggest saving your pennies and going with a cheaper droid.

who's your carrier?

That's what I was thinking. The iPhones a tad pricey for just having a smart phone kind of purchases.

threeyears.png

I was reading the tech blogs and it looks like the new galaxy nexus is coming going to be released on 7 US carriers. From Verizon to Metro PCS

the samsung webpage sign up for info on galaxy nexus page does list 7 different carriers, which is leading people to believe that it will be released on all 7.

the only thing we know for sure is that it says "verizon wireless" in the official video that was released by samsung in the "notifications window"

meanwhile... i'm listening to ope & anthony and they're playing with the big happy iPhone's killer Siri feature... and wow, that is incredibly stupid. that is their big innovation? it's voice search that reads the answers instead of just putting it on the screen, and has the occasional witty answer for the inevitable douche who needs to ask it a stupid question.

WOW! INNOVATION!

ugh.

^ that's one thing i really like about android. up until recently, if you wanted an iphone you had to go with at&t. but if you want an android, you can stay with really any carrier.

it's kinda funny how i'm a bit of an apple fangirl (i mean, i do have an imac, macbook, ipad, and ipod) but aside from when it first came out, i never wanted an iphone. i like having a physical keyboard on my phone too much.

^ that's one thing i really like about android. up until recently, if you wanted an iphone you had to go with at&t. but if you want an android, you can stay with really any carrier.

it's kinda funny how i'm a bit of an apple fangirl (i mean, i do have an imac, macbook, ipad, and ipod) but aside from when it first came out, i never wanted an iphone. i like having a physical keyboard on my phone too much.

i loved the iPod (still do)... and if apple would have put out the original iPhone on verizon first, i would have jumped all over it. it was my annoyance with their inability to come to verizon that made me explore android. i was very much looking forward to the iPhone 4, and when it came out i was like "wait... what? that's it? that's 'change everything, again?'" the droid x came out a few weeks later, and it's been no turning back ever since.

i do wish apple would go back to improving the classic iPod... and if not them, somebody. the cloud is all fine and dandy... but the cloud doesn't work everywhere. i spend a lot of time commuting on the subway. there's no internet on the subway, thus no cloud.

the cloud matching services are a pretty cool idea. it appears that google will have this soon as well. but that doesn't really help with, say, my massive pearl jam bootleg collection, or various live recordings from u2 and springsteen i've collected along the way. i've tried uploading to google music, and it just takes fooooooreeeeeeever. eventually i gave up.

you want music freaks to use their cell phones and streaming as their #1 way of listening to music? okay, fine... come out with a hard drive that you can keep in your pocket or backpack that syncs with your phone, via bluetooth or NFC. do that and i'm all on board.

The new Razr looks pretty good, it does not have Android 4.0 (ice cream) yet.

They say it should have it in a few months. Checking providers, I think I want to go with Sprint. No top end Androids there?? Now what?

All technology companies steal from other technology companies, and this has been going on since the beginning of personal computing in the late 70s.

Justin, your smartphone OS does not represent your penis size nor your IQ. Keep working on that Aspergers, buddy. :up:

Grow up, you two :heart:

:rolleyes:

honestly... as much as jobs DID do for technology over the years, his and apple's entire "we invented everything and will sue you to prove it" stance is nauseating.

god i hate this company.
Stolen my ass. Fuck you tyrant ass mofo

i do wish apple would go back to improving the classic iPod... and if not them, somebody. the cloud is all fine and dandy... but the cloud doesn't work everywhere. i spend a lot of time commuting on the subway. there's no internet on the subway, thus no cloud.
exactly. and here you can't get unlimited data so lord knows how much it would cost me to listen to my music using cloud anyway.

i feel like the ipod classic's been kind of ignored, i guess because that's all it does is play music. no touch screens, no apps (well aside from the few in the store that work with the wheel), etc. but that's what i like about it. i could just put my favourite stuff on my ipad but i like having lots to choose from. because sometimes when i'm out at school or driving i may decide i don't want to listen to an album, but a bunch of random stuff from a genius playlist or something. i like having the choice. to revert back to only (comparatively) smaller hard drives on the iphone is a huge step backwards.

KhanadaRhodes said:
exactly. and here you can't get unlimited data so lord knows how much it would cost me to listen to my music using cloud anyway.

i feel like the ipod classic's been kind of ignored, i guess because that's all it does is play music. no touch screens, no apps (well aside from the few in the store that work with the wheel), etc. but that's what i like about it. i could just put my favourite stuff on my ipad but i like having lots to choose from. because sometimes when i'm out at school or driving i may decide i don't want to listen to an album, but a bunch of random stuff from a genius playlist or something. i like having the choice. to revert back to only (comparatively) smaller hard drives on the iphone is a huge step backwards.

No apps is the key to why its been ignored. It's a pure money thing.

Steve Jobs was a real whore for money, everything he did was for money. And that is the direction Apple wants to lead the sheep.

One day people will wake up and realize all the media they are consuming through their hip Apple products is at a cost. These little costs will seem trivial at first.

Steve Jobs was a real whore for money, everything he did was for money. And that is the direction Apple wants to lead the sheep.

One day people will wake up and realize all the media they are consuming through their hip Apple products is at a cost. These little costs will seem trivial at first.
Economic instability theories state that apart from a decrease in consumer spending, a major impact into the economic vulnerability could be a potential breakthrough in one or several key industries. This breakthrough was the iPhone released back in June 2007, and consequently the recession started in December 2007.

Apple has known very well how to market their products with a mind-manipulating strategy. They market everything with nice colors (predominantly white, gray, and black), nice letters, and the overall catchiness that make everything about the brand look amazing and the best of the best when it comes to technology. People have been easily manipulated by this and fall for this crap very easily, that's how penetrating Apple has established itself with marketing since they became accepted to the point where they have more cash reserves than the US government.

The Motorola Atrix or the new Nexus Galaxy surpass the iPhone 4/4S in every aspect that you can imagine. There are thousands of Windows PC laptops and desktops that are more powerful than any MacBook or iMac, but yet people keep being influenced by the brand perceived as "techy" and a market for Apple products will continue to be present until a rival comes along - which at this point is imminent.

Let's lighten up on the shit-stirring a bit, eh deep?

Back
Top Bottom