The Android Invasion! - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #646
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 23,960
Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
So after the first week with T Mobile instead of Verizon... Verizon is absolutely better, but not so much better that it's worth the extra 20-40 dollars a month Verizon would charge for what T Mobile is offering.
Are they better just in terms of overall LTE coverage?

That's my only beef with Sprint these days. When I'm in strong LTE areas, it's strong, but there are still those pockets in town where I switch to 3g and get .015 mb/s.
__________________

__________________
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #647
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,155
Local Time: 06:31 PM
Verizon's coverage was just always on. Like it never dropped unless you were in the subway or deep inside a really old building.

T Mobile's service is good, and I haven't noticed any decrease in speed, but I have noticed the service drop from LTE or drop all together at times, which just rarely ever happened with Verizon.

And the service can be a tad spotty when you're inside a building and not near windows...

So if money isn't an issue I'd go with Verizon... but if you're a normal human being that cares about such things, the better service isn't worth the extra monthly rate, especially as readily available WiFi becomes more and more common.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #648
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,327
Local Time: 05:31 PM
i finally got my new phone and switched to at&t. some of the speed difference is due to having a faster phone, i know...but my connection is insanely fast.
__________________

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:02 PM   #649
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 23,960
Local Time: 05:31 PM
In running the new Android L on my Nexus 7. I love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #650
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,208
Local Time: 03:31 PM
So, I didn't know where to post this, but it's just another random airing of grievances...damn I've been bitchy lately.

ANYWAYS: This whole iPhone bending thing...I am absolutely 100% positive that it's being about as blown out of proportion, absolutely. I do believe it's possible for them to bend, but I highly doubt it's happening at the rate the internet/news media would have you believe.

THAT BEING SAID: The response today that I've been seeing from people is making me want to bang my head against the wall. Basically: "Well, what person puts their phone in their pocket anyways? Silly people, what did you expect."

Are you kidding me? That's...that's a joke, right?
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #651
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 23,960
Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
So, I didn't know where to post this, but it's just another random airing of grievances...damn I've been bitchy lately.

ANYWAYS: This whole iPhone bending thing...I am absolutely 100% positive that it's being about as blown out of proportion, absolutely. I do believe it's possible for them to bend, but I highly doubt it's happening at the rate the internet/news media would have you believe.

THAT BEING SAID: The response today that I've been seeing from people is making me want to bang my head against the wall. Basically: "Well, what person puts their phone in their pocket anyways? Silly people, what did you expect."

Are you kidding me? That's...that's a joke, right?
Yeah, so there are 9 reported cases out of 4 million phones. It's pretty entertaining to read all the Apple fanboys freaking out though. "Should I trade mine in?" even though theirs isn't bent.

Love the iPhone but the fanbase is kind of nuts.

But yeah, 9 phones, who knows what those people really did to bend them. Mine is in my pocket all the time and after a week it's just fine.
__________________
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #652
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,208
Local Time: 03:31 PM
Exactly. Just use the 9 phones as your example. Don't rationalize that it's stupid to put your phone in your pocket. THAT'S what makes people call you a Sheeple in the first place. If it was really a problem, Apple would've caught it. You shouldn't have to change the way you live or do things in order to get a new phone.

Honestly, that's one of the major factors to me not wanting to stay with the larger phone. Switching from my front pocket to my back pocket is something I've still not gotten used to, even after two years. I just don't like it. Makes me nervous, because a portion of it is hanging out, for one thing. For another, I DON'T like sitting on my phone, even if it's never had a problem in all this time.

That being said, I still think I'm going to try the Note Edge, should I be one of the lucky million to get one...if it ever comes out
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #653
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 23,960
Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Exactly. Just use the 9 phones as your example. Don't rationalize that it's stupid to put your phone in your pocket. THAT'S what makes people call you a Sheeple in the first place. If it was really a problem, Apple would've caught it. You shouldn't have to change the way you live or do things in order to get a new phone.

Honestly, that's one of the major factors to me not wanting to stay with the larger phone. Switching from my front pocket to my back pocket is something I've still not gotten used to, even after two years. I just don't like it. Makes me nervous, because a portion of it is hanging out, for one thing. For another, I DON'T like sitting on my phone, even if it's never had a problem in all this time.

That being said, I still think I'm going to try the Note Edge, should I be one of the lucky million to get one...if it ever comes out
Yeah, I keep mine in my front pocket all the time. With that said, the first thing I did when I got the 6 Plus was slap a case on it. While it's a beautiful looking device, there's no way I'd carry it around without a case, especially with a 5 year old trying to grab it to play Candy Crush or whatever.
__________________
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #654
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,208
Local Time: 03:31 PM
Oh my God, the Note's case. Jesus. I used it up until about there months ago. I'm *this* close to putting it back on there, because I'm terrified that it's going to break before I get my new phone, but that thing was a nightmare. The Otterbox, I mean.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #655
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 23,960
Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Oh my God, the Note's case. Jesus. I used it up until about there months ago. I'm *this* close to putting it back on there, because I'm terrified that it's going to break before I get my new phone, but that thing was a nightmare. The Otterbox, I mean.

Yeah those things are huge. I am using the official Apple leather case for mine it's slim but still protects the phone.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #656
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,208
Local Time: 03:31 PM
If/When I get my new phone, I think I'll stick with something similar. The otterbox sets me at ease, but it looks stupid...and...well...I'd rather the phone break than look like an idiot holding it.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #657
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,155
Local Time: 06:31 PM
Hey, apple thread's that way
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #658
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,208
Local Time: 03:31 PM
So, I really wanted to wait and get the Note Edge, but I'm getting really impatient and very much am ready for a new phone. Iam so worried that if I keep waiting, something horrible will happen to my Note II and I won't be able to sell it. The other thing is, looking at the sticker prices from around the world, the phone looks like it's going to be damn expensive. If I get the Note IV, now it's going to be that phone I have to have instead of the phone I wanted.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here looking at Windows phones and thinking I really, really want one. But, my friend convinced me to wait a year and get one after Windows 10 comes out.

So, that got me thinking: Maybe I should get a Moto X and a Moto 360 for now. That way, I don't spend that much on the phone, and I can at least have a new toy to play with, I/R/T the 360.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Moto X?
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #659
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,327
Local Time: 05:31 PM
i love my moto x.
__________________

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #660
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 23,960
Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
So, I really wanted to wait and get the Note Edge, but I'm getting really impatient and very much am ready for a new phone. Iam so worried that if I keep waiting, something horrible will happen to my Note II and I won't be able to sell it. The other thing is, looking at the sticker prices from around the world, the phone looks like it's going to be damn expensive. If I get the Note IV, now it's going to be that phone I have to have instead of the phone I wanted.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here looking at Windows phones and thinking I really, really want one. But, my friend convinced me to wait a year and get one after Windows 10 comes out.

So, that got me thinking: Maybe I should get a Moto X and a Moto 360 for now. That way, I don't spend that much on the phone, and I can at least have a new toy to play with, I/R/T the 360.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Moto X?

Get the new Nexus phone instead. If I ever go back to Android that's the only device I'd get.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
droid, verizon

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T-Mobile G1 With Google! Justin24 Restart and Reboot Yourself 17 01-31-2009 09:00 PM
Chavez Prepares For Invasion nbcrusader Free Your Mind Archive 3 07-07-2006 06:46 PM
34% Irvine511 Free Your Mind Archive 308 06-15-2006 09:42 AM
anyone watch invasion? ABEL Lemonade Stand Archive 4 05-17-2006 03:21 AM
Invasion On Planet Pleba Pt 1 annj PLEBA Archive 4 01-22-2006 04:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com