The Android Invasion! - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #631
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,594
Local Time: 07:17 PM
I'm a very content T-Mobile customer.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #632
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,395
Local Time: 09:17 PM
i'm counting down the days until i can jump ship from t-mobile and move over to at&t.
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #633
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 24,070
Local Time: 09:17 PM
Now that Sprint actually has fast data I don't think I could ever give up my unlimited data.
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #634
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,832
Local Time: 10:17 PM
This is the unlimited data Verizon Wireless stole from Headache, T-Mobile's stealing it back.

/lameU2pun
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #635
Acrobat
 
Spun2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 393
Local Time: 09:17 PM
I'm still on verizon, but the minute they force me off my unlimited data plan, I'm gone. I'll look hard at republic wireless great phone motox and they have great prices.

Sent from my XT1060 using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________

Spun2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #636
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,415
Local Time: 06:17 PM
I have an unlimited data with ATT going back to 2007

I'm locked into my Galaxy S4 until July 2015. I am seriously thinking of going with the new Note then. The bigger screen and battery life is appealing. That new watch seems much improved over the others. I may consider it.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:15 AM   #637
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,832
Local Time: 10:17 PM
Verizon made me give up my unlimited data plan last go around... I still had a year left on that contract but T Mobile is of course paying early termination fees for people who join them, so I made the jump yesterday. I was down go 5 gigs of data, 1000 text message limit and 250 anytime voice minutes and was still paying 98 bucks a month (would have been more without my employee discount).

Albeit the voice and text plans were by choice, as I don't use either as often as I used to (and never went over my limits in the year under that plan), just the idea that I had to either watch myself at the end of the month sometimes, or pay 20+ dollars more a month, was incredibly annoying.

Now I'm back to unlimited everything at 20 dollars less than what I paid monthly at Verizon.

And I'm absolutely loving the Nexus 5 and wondering why on earth I ever went for the galaxy S4

Good riddance, big red! (Although I still very much love your TV service)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #638
Acrobat
 
Spun2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 393
Local Time: 09:17 PM
Nexus 5 is a nice phone, I've used it, but I have gone back to my moto x because of the touchless controls, and also because it's basically a pure android OS with the added Motorola touchless controls.



Sent from my XT1060 using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________

Spun2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #639
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 24,070
Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Verizon made me give up my unlimited data plan last go around... I still had a year left on that contract but T Mobile is of course paying early termination fees for people who join them, so I made the jump yesterday. I was down go 5 gigs of data, 1000 text message limit and 250 anytime voice minutes and was still paying 98 bucks a month (would have been more without my employee discount).

Albeit the voice and text plans were by choice, as I don't use either as often as I used to (and never went over my limits in the year under that plan), just the idea that I had to either watch myself at the end of the month sometimes, or pay 20+ dollars more a month, was incredibly annoying.

Now I'm back to unlimited everything at 20 dollars less than what I paid monthly at Verizon.

And I'm absolutely loving the Nexus 5 and wondering why on earth I ever went for the galaxy S4

Good riddance, big red! (Although I still very much love your TV service)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app
Yeah, I agree that the Nexus 5 is definitely the best Android phone our there right now. I had traded mine for the Note 3 and regretted it after a week. Samsung puts waaay too much crap on their phones.

I'm now stuck on the iPhone 5s because my employer changed their plans around to where they not only pay for my plan but my phone as well, and the iPhone 5s is what they chose for me. I can see why people like iPhones. They're easy to navigate, very user friendly. I'm definitely not hating it as much as I thought I would but I do miss Android a lot.

Hopefully the iPhone 6 will feature a bigger screen. I do have the option of paying out of pocket if I want, but it looks like I'm going to have to stick to Apple.
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #640
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,832
Local Time: 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spun2U View Post
Nexus 5 is a nice phone, I've used it, but I have gone back to my moto x because of the touchless controls, and also because it's basically a pure android OS with the added Motorola touchless controls.



Sent from my XT1060 using U2 Interference mobile app
I wanted the Moto X but I would have had to purchase it outright for T Mobile, whereas I could do an installment plan for the Nexus 5 and use the money I would have spent on the X elsewhere... So no complaints really.

I will say that I'll never stray from stock android again (other than a custom ROM perhaps).

The bells and whistles in the galaxy S4 were nice at first, but eventually got tiresome. I think the only feature I miss is the ability to hover over emails and read them without opening them. That's really about it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #641
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 24,070
Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I wanted the Moto X but I would have had to purchase it outright for T Mobile, whereas I could do an installment plan for the Nexus 5 and use the money I would have spent on the X elsewhere... So no complaints really.

I will say that I'll never stray from stock android again (other than a custom ROM perhaps).

The bells and whistles in the galaxy S4 were nice at first, but eventually got tiresome. I think the only feature I miss is the ability to hover over emails and read them without opening them. That's really about it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app
Install Paranoid Android on that shiz.
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #642
Acrobat
 
Spun2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 393
Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I wanted the Moto X but I would have had to purchase it outright for T Mobile, whereas I could do an installment plan for the Nexus 5 and use the money I would have spent on the X elsewhere... So no complaints really.

I will say that I'll never stray from stock android again (other than a custom ROM perhaps).

The bells and whistles in the galaxy S4 were nice at first, but eventually got tiresome. I think the only feature I miss is the ability to hover over emails and read them without opening them. That's really about it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app
I agree with you on staying with stock android. I came from the S3 and loved it only after I wiped it and installed a custom ROM on it. Only then was I able to enjoy using the phone. ;-)




Sent from my XT1060 using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________

Spun2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #643
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,832
Local Time: 10:17 PM
I planned on doing that with the S4 but they went and made it pretty damned difficult to do.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #644
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 24,070
Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I planned on doing that with the S4 but they went and made it pretty damned difficult to do.
Agreed. That's why I was so frustrated with my Note 3. The battery life was just awful and it was due to the Android OS eating so much battery, which tells me that it was all the crap baking into the ROM, and there was no way for me to disable all of it.
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #645
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,832
Local Time: 10:17 PM
So after the first week with T Mobile instead of Verizon... Verizon is absolutely better, but not so much better that it's worth the extra 20-40 dollars a month Verizon would charge for what T Mobile is offering.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
droid, verizon

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T-Mobile G1 With Google! Justin24 Restart and Reboot Yourself 17 01-31-2009 08:00 PM
Chavez Prepares For Invasion nbcrusader Free Your Mind Archive 3 07-07-2006 05:46 PM
34% Irvine511 Free Your Mind Archive 308 06-15-2006 08:42 AM
anyone watch invasion? ABEL Lemonade Stand Archive 4 05-17-2006 02:21 AM
Invasion On Planet Pleba Pt 1 annj PLEBA Archive 4 01-22-2006 03:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com