The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should add the only reason I'm considering the Cliq is because I'm really comfortable with the layout and I actually like Motoblur.

I don't know how different the MyTouch is and I hate getting used to new phones.

Motorola is slow at bringing updates to their phones (Except for the Droid lineup as stated on the previous page) Samsung SUCKS at updating their phones but they do come out with some nice phones like the Galaxy S lineup.

HTC is usually on top of their game as far as getting their phones updated to the latest OS. I've always bought HTC and the learning curve is not to steep.

I should add the only reason I'm considering the Cliq is because I'm really comfortable with the layout and I actually like Motoblur.

I don't know how different the MyTouch is and I hate getting used to new phones.

I kinda liked Motoblur too when I had the original Cliq, but the apps that were blocked to me because of the outdated OS got to be too many, and outweighed Motoblur. Lovin' my G2 now.

BTW, this is a fun app from Google: Androidify

And I'm an Android now. :D

android.png

Well on a whim I stopped into the T-Mobile store today to get my new phone. I tried out the Cliq and the MyTouch 4G. I liked them both, but the familiarity of the Cliq won out.

Unfortunately it seems the lies have already begun, because this thing has definitely not picked up 4G once.

In general, i'm in love with the phone and so fucking happy to have a full touch screen again. Also, holy shit I love Swype.

ugh, i think i have my first problem with my phone. it's not too bad since i've already owned it for nearly 2 1/2 years, but it's frustrating nonetheless. i think my battery's stopped holding a charge. i'll charge it overnight, and just through light use it dies. when i say light use, i mean, well take today for instance. i unplug it, check my emails, leave it alone. check into a couple foursquare locations on two instances, check my email one more time, and it dies. this was over the span of 90 minutes tops, with most of that obviously being inactive time. didn't even make any calls with it.

so yeah, i figure my battery's fucked so i guess i need to get a new one. i'd really rather just get a new phone since they've come out with a newer version and all but that won't happen for a while. hopefully i can find one soon (i don't even think this phone was released here) and it fixes the problem. just wanted to vent.

:tongue:.

Travis got the Moto Charm. He HATES touch screens, but he is in love with that phone :lol:. I've hardly been able to get his attention since we left the T-Mobile store. He was going to get the Blackberry Bold, but I actually think when I mentioned the interf app wasn't out for BB yet, he seemed to change his mind :lmao:

I don't think he's spent more time on any other app on the phone :lmao:.

As for the Cliq2, like I said, big disappointment about the pretty much untruth they told about 4G, but very glad about everything else. Oh my God, it is so nice to have turn-by-turn. I have been so phone giddy all day. And oh shit, I have 7 screens to fill up with shit (3 screens was NOT cutting it for me before :lol: )

I love my HTC Evo especially even more now that I rooted it and flashed a new rom on the phone!!!

So, you all love this.

I'm taking the phone back.

T mobile sent me to the wrong store. Now I have to go 40 miles in the opposite direction.

I am now the proud owner of a G2. I need my keyboard. I wish id known about the G2 yesterday, would've saved me a lit of trouble. Oh well.

I love my HTC Aria, Sense UI is the only edited version of Android that actually makes the quite-functional but quite-ugly OS look good and function even better. Unfortunately they've yet to push an update with Sense for the phone, so it's still on 2.1, fortunately it still has all the functions I need, but if it's not going to be updated for the next 10 months or so that the life of this contract is, I'll be rather mad.

Oh, and seeing as how I love the Android logo, I used Androidify to make contact photos for all my best friends, so much fun.

Only thing I really don't like is that whne I'm on the phone in bed using the keypad, the angle makes the phone top heavy and the hinge slips forward. Really annoying.

Also, I hid a facebook contact and can't figure out how to unhide it, anyone know?

Also also, Travis might be returning his phone for the MyTouch 3G slide tomorrow after he found out the resolution of the Charm's screen makes Groove Shark inoperable.

bono_212 said:
Also also, Travis might be returning his phone for the MyTouch 3G slide tomorrow

Hell yeah I did.

This a sexy-ass phone. My primary issue with it is that it lacks a directional pad and its track pad was extracted from a Blackberry and -- Frankenstein like -- jammed onto the front of this one. Blackberry track pads blow.

I would recommend it for, the time being. The keyboard is roomy and resembles laptops', and service quality is consistently good.

k, my phone's really starting to piss me off. granted, i've had it for 2 1/2 years and have used it heavily in this time so it's lived a good life, but still. my phone will work for maybe 10 minutes then shut itself off. once it's done it once, i'm screwed. after that it'll really power up just long enough to get a 3g connection then it turns off again. rinse, repeat.

i've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that i need to get a new phone. i could take a chance on a new battery but it's not worth it. this phone wasn't even sold here so i'd have to buy one from another country and at that point, i mean, what if the battery doesn't fix it? then i bought one for nothing. i can't even see anything wrong with the battery anyway, it's still perfectly flat on all sides.

so yeah tl;dr: looks like i'll be buying the htc desire z soon. i can't wait to hold that thing in my hands.

has anyone owned the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V? i'm switching to Virgin next month because i'm sick of contracts and this phone looks like the shit. keep in mind that i've never had a smartphone before.

I have a friend who recently switched to Virgin also and got this phone and she loves it. No issues to report a good base android model.

cool thanks Justin. if only i could get out of my at&t contract early. i'm stuck until May.

HTC is the only Android designer / manufacturer I trust, they really know how to make that OS shine.

I prefer motorola for the hardware (I have the Droid X), but I run a different ROM call Rubix. Almost the best of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom