The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is zero chance of me waiting for the Nexus 6. 1) Because I would have to wait for the Nexus 6 and 2) It's going to be huge. If I get another big phone, I'll stick with the Note.

The biggest problem with getting the X, only thing stopping me, is I have to buy it outright. It's not available through T-Mobile. :uhoh:

What phone do you have now again? You should be able to sell it on Swappa if you get a Moto X or a Nexus (though I highly recommend a Nexus).

I have the Note II. It goes for about $250 on eBay, which is fine, but it means I'll have to have things timed perfectly, in order to not be without a phone. It also means I'll lose out on my warranty with T-Mobile, as well as any other upgrade "bonus" of being able to swap phones in a year, like I plan to. Not that that would really matter if I own the phone outright, of course.

That makes sense. I used to put my phone on Swappa (I prefer this method because you only get charged a $10 fee compared to 10% on eBay) about 3-4 days before buying the phone outright. That way I only had to stomach paying for the phone outright for about a week or two tops.

Whelp, due to circumstances, Travis and I have agreed to swap phones, and he's using my upgrade to get the M8, so you're now looking at a GS5 owner.

I'm going to give Swappa a try and then I'll use that money to get myself a watch, I think.

Do any of you use an android tablet for power point presentations?

I need a new laptop, and I'd really love to be able to just go with the new Nexus 9 and call it a day, but I absolutely need to be able to run full PowerPoint presentations on it, animations and all, and don't know if it's a viable option yet.

I may just end up going with a Surface.

So the Galaxy S6 is basically an iPhone then...I'll wait till November. Maybe the Note 5 will be more to my liking. Or maybe it's finally time to go with a new brand. I've been with Samsung longer than anyone else at this point. I usually test the waters more than this.

I never understood why so many people complained about the "cheap" cases in the first place. If the case gave me a waterproof phone with expandable memory and a replaceable battery, I'll take the phone that has grip on it, thanks.

:up:

Seems like the reviews for the M9 are only giving it slight improvements over the M8 too. Granted, a 20-megapixel camera would be nice and there wasn't much to 'improve' on in the first place. But I'm probably not going to be in a rush myself if that's the result.

HTC One M9: Hands-On With HTC's New Android Flagship Smartphone

Gonna roll with my One M8 until November at least. Amazing phone.

Me too, unless I am given the M9 or the final software makes the camera fantastic, my M8 still works beautifully and gets the updates.

Yikes! A replacement Note 7 just blew up on a plane today. I wonder if Samsung will just call the whole thing off and just focus on the S8 at this point.

Gonna be tough for Samsung to gain trust back. And next year the iPhone update is supposed to be big with a new design.

Back
Top Bottom