The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ah. Yeah, Samsung packs so many features that while fun, they take up so much space.

When I had the S4, I remember on the 16GB version, there were actually only 9GB that you could use on the internal sdcard.

I haven't had time to really look at the update yet, but oh my God, the menu bar is ugly as sin.

I do like the missed call and new text feature on the menu screen, that's pretty sharp. The faces on the text messaging is a nice feature as well. So, not all bad, but wow, that status bar (I called it the menu bar earlier).

Are these what the menu bars looked like before and after?
T-Mobile's Galaxy Note II Finally Gets Its Android 4.3 And Galaxy Gear OTA Update

I've got an S4 on AT&T, and I barely made it a month before rooting. I'm running LiquidSmooth 4.3 on it now, and it's fast as hell. I'm holding off from any KitKat ROMs until the kinks are worked out and the features are added back in.

It's so hard to hold off on custom roms. I'm on stock 4.4.2 right now with ART and my phone is so fast, but there are so many incredible looking roms out there.

Yuck, that isn't pretty. That's what it looked like before I flashed a custom ROM on my S4. I always hated how cluttered Samsung made the notifications area. I love the toggle tiles interface of stock Android, and with my phones specifications and less Samsung bloat, my phone is blazing fast. It's a win-win for me.

Hopefully one day phones will be great enough where there won't be the urge to root anymore. It's a struggle when KitKat ROMs are already out there and you know that it'll be many months before your phone gets the update...

Yuck, that isn't pretty. That's what it looked like before I flashed a custom ROM on my S4. I always hated how cluttered Samsung made the notifications area. I love the toggle tiles interface of stock Android, and with my phones specifications and less Samsung bloat, my phone is blazing fast. It's a win-win for me.

Hopefully one day phones will be great enough where there won't be the urge to root anymore. It's a struggle when KitKat ROMs are already out there and you know that it'll be many months before your phone gets the update...

It you sell your S4 now, it would about cover the cost of a Nexus 5. That's what I did.

i'm absolutely livid. for months i've been waiting until the end of march for my contract with t-mobile to expire since, gosh, i got my phone on 3/30/12. but now t-mobile is telling me my contract isn't up until june...wtf. why have two more months been tacked on to my contract, and why? i looked on best buy's site (such a uselessly awesome feature to have) to verify and yep, they're telling me my contract's not over until 6/12/14.

i'm pretty close to just saying fuck it because i'm so close to that 180 day period, shelling out $100, and cancelling the contract. i'd love to know what the fuck happened in june 2012 to extend my contract.

i'm absolutely livid. for months i've been waiting until the end of march for my contract with t-mobile to expire since, gosh, i got my phone on 3/30/12. but now t-mobile is telling me my contract isn't up until june...wtf. why have two more months been tacked on to my contract, and why? i looked on best buy's site (such a uselessly awesome feature to have) to verify and yep, they're telling me my contract's not over until 6/12/14.

i'm pretty close to just saying fuck it because i'm so close to that 180 day period, shelling out $100, and cancelling the contract. i'd love to know what the fuck happened in june 2012 to extend my contract.

Um...yeah that's messed up for sure. Are you looking to switch carriers at that time or get an upgrade?

Um...yeah that's messed up for sure. Are you looking to switch carriers at that time or get an upgrade?
switch carriers. i've been with t-mobile since 2002 i think but ever since i got this phone they've been such jerks. basically their customer service has gotten terrible, otherwise i'd try to tough it out or see if i could get a new phone through that jump thing or something.

switch carriers. i've been with t-mobile since 2002 i think but ever since i got this phone they've been such jerks. basically their customer service has gotten terrible, otherwise i'd try to tough it out or see if i could get a new phone through that jump thing or something.

Yeah, I've heard that about them as well. I feel the same way about AT&T. I remember once, my contract ended on the 12th of the month, but the new billing cycle started on the 11th, and they tried to tell me I'd be charged for a full month even if I cancelled my contract on the 12th. I obviously fought with them and one, but I found that really dirty.

I will say this, as much crap as Sprint gets for their data speeds (which have greatly improved this year), I've never had problems with their customer service both in the store and over the phone, but I'm sure there are horror stories with every carrier.

holy cow. i remember when i cancelled with them before (although they were cingular at the time, it was that long ago) i didn't have any issues, but a lot's changed since then.

oh yeah, definitely. there's always good and bad stories for every company.

Really excited about the Gear 2 Neo.

If the price is right, I might finally be in.

What's up with dropping the Galaxy name, though? Does it have something to do with the new Gear running Tizen?

And, seriously, if Samsung moves over to Tizen for its phones in the future, I'm probably out. I don't trust them based on TouchWiz

So this Android Wear project seems exciting. I've never the appeal of current smartwaches, but this program surely piques my interest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using U2 Interference mobile app

Glad I'm waiting to get any smartwatch until I get the Note 4. Clearly by this Christmas, there is going to be a much larger market.

Glad I'm waiting to get any smartwatch until I get the Note 4. Clearly by this Christmas, there is going to be a much larger market.

Yeah. The Note 4 will be exciting. It should be interesting to see who wins between the iPhone 6 and the Note 4 to win the rights to my upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N900P using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm sure both companies are breaking down your door as we speak to get you to choose them :wink:

I'll keep you in the loop. My upgrade is in 8 months so I'll be sure to check in several times until then.

Haha, you know I'm just messing with you.

I'm still not sure about getting the next note, but I'm pretty used to how huge my phone is at this point and I'm not sure I want to go back to a smaller screen now.

Yeah. The Note 4 will be exciting. It should be interesting to see who wins between the iPhone 6 and the Note 4 to win the rights to my upgrade.

which device are you currently using?

Haha, you know I'm just messing with you.

I'm still not sure about getting the next note, but I'm pretty used to how huge my phone is at this point and I'm not sure I want to go back to a smaller screen now.

Yeah I hear you. The size of the Note 3 is definitely hard to get used to buy I'm thinking that by the time the Note 4 comes out it would be an easy transition. I'm still intrigued by the rumors that Apple is going to release a phablet type phone too.

Back
Top Bottom