The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's tempting to boycott Apple entirely for shit like this, but the whole reason this frustrates me is that they're limiting the opportunity for the consumer to purchase superior products. If Apple releases the superior product, I will purchase it. If not, I won't. The fact that they're wiping away the competition over a similar surface design is pretty cowardly IMO. Or you could call it smart business, whatever. No reason they should have a monopoly on rectangles.

I didn't notice until just now, but T-Mobile's got the Galaxy III :drool:

Upgrade is not til December 5th though :sad:

So do any of you GalNex owners have Jelly Bean yet? I'm still (not-so) patiently awaiting ICS. C'mon, at&t and/or Samsung...

It's tempting to boycott Apple entirely for shit like this, but the whole reason this frustrates me is that they're limiting the opportunity for the consumer to purchase superior products. If Apple releases the superior product, I will purchase it. If not, I won't. The fact that they're wiping away the competition over a similar surface design is pretty cowardly IMO. Or you could call it smart business, whatever. No reason they should have a monopoly on rectangles.
As a publicly-traded company, Apple has to protect its intellectual property as much as possible because it is responsible to its shareholders.

As a consumer, I really want the opposite. More, better competition = we all win.

As a publicly-traded company, Apple has to protect its intellectual property as much as possible because it is responsible to its shareholders.

As a consumer, I really want the opposite. More, better competition = we all win.

My issue with that is they obviously copied off the dev community and from Google and MS and then try to sue people for stuff they didn't create.

Just ordered a Nexus 7 from Google Play. I'm super excited to get it. I was surprised they had it in stock online. I've had shitty lags on Android tablets in the past, but seeing project butter sealed the deal for me.

Globo14 said:
How is Jelly Bean? Is it as "buttery smooth" as it's supposed to be? UPS guarantees that it'll be at my house by the end of the day tomorrow, so I'm pretty excited.

To answer my own question, yes, it is "buttery smooth". Everything is so fluid. It's a joy to use. If anybody is in the market for any tablet, or even an e-reader (because of similar size), take a considerable look at the Nexus 7. It's definitely worth the money. And that's coming from somebody who never ever thought he'd own any tablet.

Looks like jelly bean is available for the gs2 (sprint) via xda. Going to wait for the bugs to be squashed then flash the rom.

So I took the dive into custom ROMs and rooting today, and to be honest, I feel like a complete idiot for not doing it 2 years ago.

My G2 is dead :(.

I can't decide. Do I just pay an extra $100 and pick up the S3 now or wait until December to see what else might come?

My G2 is dead :(.

I can't decide. Do I just pay an extra $100 and pick up the S3 now or wait until December to see what else might come?
I'd personally go for the S3. It is the best phone on the market now, and it still could be come December. Plus, a Jelly Bean update has to be just around the corner.

Globo14 said:
I'd personally go for the S3. It is the best phone on the market now, and it still could be come December. Plus, a Jelly Bean update has to be just around the corner.

Loving my S3, big beautiful screen, super fast.

If you need a phone just get it now. There will always be the latest greats, in the next 3-6 months in the android world.

It's true. I'm trying to see if I can find a good deal on one, but on the other hand, I don't want a phone without insurance.

I almost bought an S3 today and I'm glad I waited. I didn't realize there was a new Nexus phone coming out.

Oh shiiiit. Just watched the Samsung video for the Note II. I really...really don't know what phone I want.

I'm thinking of buying the Galaxy S3 today and then waiting until December to see what the 2-year contract price for the Note is. If I like the S3 and want to keep it, no harm, no foul, I just over-payed by $200. If the price of the Note is right, I can sell the S3 for a decent price, and upgrade in December. That way I don't have to 1) Deal with this horrible phone I have right now for 4 months or 2) Deal with my now waterlogged G2 once my replacement screen comes in the mail.

Ended up getting the SII, because I was going to pay a lot more than I expected for the SIII.

This phone is amazing.

I was going to root it, but now that I know it's getting Jelly Bean in November, I don't feel like messing with it.

Ended up getting the SII, because I was going to pay a lot more than I expected for the SIII.

This phone is amazing.

I have the SII on Sprint. Love the phone. Rooted also,

got mine last Nov on AT&T, still very very happy,

I've dropped it twice in the last hour, I have ear buds in and caught them on my refrigerator door and again on the side mirror on my car as I carried laundry in my garage. Each time the phone went bouncing on the hard floor. When the cable came out of the jack the speaker kicked in and kept playing. If this was an iPhone the glass would have shattered each time. This phone is durable. I have put the cable inside my shirt so I won't keep catching it tight places.

Back
Top Bottom