The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope you all picked up Widget locker on the 1st day. Best Lock Screen Replacement period.

mikal said:
:up: which LG do you have? the optimus? that's what i'm running too. i highly recommend checking out the themes form at XDA Developers. so many great themes. i highly suggest "Eye Candy" and "LunarUI".

Yep! Cheapie Optimus but its amazing with this my speech recognition works so much better as well.. as a matter of fact I'm not typing anything anymore. anything!!

So, I'm 3 weeks away from getting a new phone and at this rate the Galaxy Nexus will still not be released. I've tried the Rezound and Razr in store and at this point it's the Rezound. The Razr is too wide and I didn't like the screen as much. Still, will probably check out the Nexus too just cause.

Oh and I totally bought ADW launcher and Beautiful Widgets today.

I don't know what provider you are with
but the day after Thanksgiving I bought the Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™
at my ATT store for $159, I was able to buy Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card at Staples for $39

completely satisfied, I am still learning my way around the Android OS, I guess I have the gingerbread for now.

This is far superior to my iPhone and that OS, it is not even close.

On today's apps,

I am not a big gaming person, so I will let those that are comment on those.

But the paper camera is back. I bought it a couple days back, well worth the 10 cents. I see there is a Shazam Encore, I've used the free one about 3 times. Like it, so for 10 cents, I will buy the upgrade.

Yep! Cheapie Optimus but its amazing with this my speech recognition works so much better as well.. as a matter of fact I'm not typing anything anymore. anything!!

hey, it's all good. i have the Virgin Mobile Optimus. some say it's a low end phone, but after i rooted and installed CM7 and overclock, i'm just fine with what i have. i pay $25/month for 300 minutes (i never talk on the phone) and unlimited texts/data. can't beat that, lol!

ps. ADW EX is nice.

i'm using a crazy launcher right now called Sweeter Home 2. it's not even on the market.

I did buy ADWLauncher EX for 10 cents

tried it, but switched back, it looked like an iPhone set up.

As I said, I just got my Android, and am still learning my way around. Will this app improve the battery life?
That is one slight advantage my old iPhone had.

I don't know what the affects on the battery are from using ADW but I haven't noticed any real change as far as battery life goes. There are a lot of options with in ADW's settings to customize it to the way you want. Deep you should take a look at mycolorscreen and see some of the customizations, some people use ADW as their launcher others use Launcher Pro, etc...

Tried ADW, it was good but I really like GO Launcher.

And I don't really like other lockers. I wish there was a way to jazz up the Samsung lock screen, but the experience I've had with other lockers (WidgetLocker included) hasn't been too great. I don't like that it takes longer to wake the phone up, and it's been a bit buggy.

I hope you all picked up Widget locker on the 1st day. Best Lock Screen Replacement period.

Did I miss the first day of the sale, or did I just not notice this one? Boo :(

Kinda crummy that Paper Camera is back, but it is a fun app.

I decided to upgrade my Shazaam, since it was only 10c, but I'm really not sure if there was a point. Regardless, Yay for some fun looking games today!

My initials, for the record are ADW, so every time I see anyone talk about it,I always do a doubletake lol.

They've made improvements on widget locker. You now have the honeycomb and ice cream sandwich lockscreen

hey, it's all good. i have the Virgin Mobile Optimus. some say it's a low end phone, but after i rooted and installed CM7 and overclock, i'm just fine with what i have. i pay $25/month for 300 minutes (i never talk on the phone) and unlimited texts/data. can't beat that, lol!

you get unlimited DATA also?? er...

I get unlimited data* and 4Glte from AT&T with 400 rollover minutes (I have about 1000 unused) for about $70 a month.*
on my new Samsung Galaxy II

* carry over from my Dec 2007 account on old iPhone,

I am getting about $9 discount, (18% discount given to my corporate account)

also, the credit card gives 5% rebate for mobile phone charges. So my monthly cost may be closer t0 $67. I guess I got it pretty good. And as I wrote before
this new Android with the 32 GB card, is way, way better than my old iPhone.
Not even close.

today's 10 cent apps
mostly games,
I bought the slideIT keyboard, editors pick? 10 cents? ok.

couple a days ago, I bought the Swift X keyboard, using it, like it a lot, it is worth at least 20 cents. Great buy for a dime!
If I don't like SlideIt, it will be a wash on keyboard purchases. :shrug:

I bought both keyboards as well. I have so many keyboards on my phone, I just can't decide which I like most, but I think I'll end up going with the one from earlier this week.

Also, I am loving some of these games they have. The game dev sim from yesterday is crazy addicting.

Jelly defense and home run battle 3d is addicting as well. As a photographer I'm buying the photo apps

I must be a nerd I bought Apparatus. Been going bonkers with it.

Right now I have the Cyanbread theme kickin with mostly Honeycomb blue icons, a small 1X1 Ice Cream Sandwich clock with the Apple style digital date very discreetly tucked underneath it, all complimented by the Snowfall live wallpaper (set to Time of Day mode w/moderate Xmas lights..) My phone looks so pretty right about now, really loving it!!

Hey LG users: if you download Box from the market, for a limited time you'll get 50GB free storage in the cloud. Not bad.

If you have multiple business emails (ie that all end the same ie @mybusiness.com etc), you can send yourself invites for multiple 50GB accounts. Or lucky co-workers you feel to give it, I guess that's what that invite is supposed to be for ;)

Question for you helpful guys:

Can I upload images from an Android device directly from the filesystem to the web? If I'm on an iOS device, for instance, there isn't a way to use a web dialog (think an Upload button) to upload an image from the camera roll.

One of my pet peeves with mobile devices.

Not really looking for that.

What I mean is, if I have a photo stored on my Android device and go to a website in the browser with an upload image dialog box, can I upload an image from there on the Android?

Back
Top Bottom