Texting Internationally?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelofHarlem01

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Is it possible to text someone in another country? I was thinking that it'd work but now I'm not so sure... other than punching in 011 44 and then the number, is there anything else I need to put in? Maybe it's just not possible :shrug:

I wonder that as well... I recently received a text message from another country. Not sure how they got my number though. Thing is, I couldn't read the message because my service provider doesn't support the language that was originally typed.

So I guess maybe if the message was in English, maybe I would've been able to read it... but it was pretty much my first in receiving an international text.

Maybe you should check with your provider. They could probably help you out.

Of course you can text anywhere else. You just need the prefix number of the country you want to text to.

If you can't read it it's rather written in other letters, for example Chinese or Japanese characters, than another language. It doesn't matter for the mobile phone which language the text comes from, but the letters used. :)

I text internationally all the time. The number is the same as if you were going to call the person internationally. You might also want to check cost, as sometimes it's quite different than a domestic text, depending on your plan & provider.

That might be possible. I remember that a friend of mine returned home from Europe and had some difficulty texting some of her friends there. I'm not sure what end the problem was on though. Has the other person tried to text you and had a problem?

I was sending texts to my friend it Europe (I'm on Virgin Mobile :madspit:)...and it was costing me the same amount as to send to anyone else in Australia....so I thought that was pretty cool

I got text messages from S.America during setlist parties :happy: And I was able to respond cheaply, but it all does depend on your plan. Perhaps your friend is not able to receive? :shrug:

Recently I was in charge of getting a minor on a plane to another country. I was texting her parents every step of the way and they knew exactly what was happening and that their child was checked in, past security, preboarded and taxiing down the runway :up:

Awesome thanks everyone!! :wave:

I'm pretty sure the problem was with his service provider but his phone kicked the bucket today and he's going to switch companies. So, with any luck next time I text it'll go through! *fingers crossed* :happy:

He got his new phone but says that texting still won't work because it's the same type of Sim card, just a different provider.. doesn't make much sense you ask me lol. but what's a Sim card and why would it matter with texting? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom