Technical question: How do I rip audio from U2 live DVD onto an audio CD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
I've read a few times recently on this board how easy it is to rip the audio from the U2 concert DVD releases (i.e. Vertigo/Chicago) onto an audio CD (to make a "live album" so to speak). However, I don't know how to do it. Anyone have the time to set forth a tutorial for me (and similarly tech-challenged fans)? Thanks.

I can't give a tutorial :wink: , but ImToo DVD Audio Ripper is what I use. I first rip it to WAV or MP3 to disk, then burn to CD. If your sound card has a digital input/output, you can go that route too so you don't get an extra digital to analog conversion cycle (which will degrade the audio somewhat). Basically play the DVD and record it at the same time - I haven't tried this method though. There's a couple of other ways too, and other software options.

ntalwar said:
If your sound card has a digital input/output, you can go that route too so you don't get an extra digital to analog conversion cycle (which will degrade the audio somewhat).
Doesn't your program have a '1:1 rip' or 'raw extract' option? Apps like IsoBuster do, it will (digitally) rip all the bits 1:1 from the disc.

WalkOn21 said:
Doesn't your program have a '1:1 rip' or 'raw extract' option? Apps like IsoBuster do, it will (digitally) rip all the bits 1:1 from the disc.

Yes - I already do quick digital rips with DVD Audio Ripper. I described an alternative to getting additional software. This would involve running a cable from the output jack to the input jack on the sound card and recording it, although this is a lot slower and could potentially degrade the audio quality.

Back
Top Bottom