Spotify Premium vs Apple Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobsaget77

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I've been a long time Spotify Premium subscriber, but I've been intrigued by Apple Music. I'm just curious as to which one is better and if Apple Music would be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If you are happy with Spotify, don't change. I have the Apple Music trial subscription, but it has no many problems that I am about to give up and just use Spotify. The worst part of it is the sync between your iTunes library and your phone. It messes up playlists, doesn't properly match live recordings (if you have any bootlegs in your library, forget about it), and is just generally very buggy. The latest update has gotten slightly better, but I doubt it will ever fix its major problems (iTunes Match is still super buggy long after its release).

If you are happy with Spotify, don't change. I have the Apple Music trial subscription, but it has no many problems that I am about to give up and just use Spotify. The worst part of it is the sync between your iTunes library and your phone. It messes up playlists, doesn't properly match live recordings (if you have any bootlegs in your library, forget about it), and is just generally very buggy. The latest update has gotten slightly better, but I doubt it will ever fix its major problems (iTunes Match is still super buggy long after its release).

I started the apple music trial this week and I hate it. I don't know why they show your entire library, but you can't even listen to it; it just gets in the way of my other music. It also changed my album artworks and screwed up all of my duplicate tracks (live versions or alternate) to the original studio versions. So now I have like 10 versions of Streets album version and it replaced my live versions.
Spotify is so much easier to navigate through and the streaming quality is far superior. I'm definitely sticking with spotify premium and probably won't even finish out my free trial with Apple music.

I started the apple music trial this week and I hate it. I don't know why they show your entire library, but you can't even listen to it; it just gets in the way of my other music. It also changed my album artworks and screwed up all of my duplicate tracks (live versions or alternate) to the original studio versions. So now I have like 10 versions of Streets album version and it replaced my live versions.
Spotify is so much easier to navigate through and the streaming quality is far superior. I'm definitely sticking with spotify premium and probably won't even finish out my free trial with Apple music.

Just a heads up that the issue you reference to above seems to be fixed.

The only issue I've been having is that there are a couple of U2 tracks greyed out due to them using samples of other songs. Luckily, I still have my old U2 disks on my hard drive so I just uploaded them to the cloud. Overall, the experience has been a lot better in the last couple months.

Back
Top Bottom