Sound-editing software for Mac - any recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MixingBliss

The Fly
Hi All - I wondered if any Mac users out there could give me a recommendation for some sound-editing software.

When I had a PC, I was an avid user of Creative's WAV-editing tools and used Roxio's CD Creator to convert formats and import audio from extranal sources like my turntable, cassette deck, and VCR using a USB adaptor.

Is there anything good out there for Mac that would enable me to edit sound files, convert formats, and import audio from external sources? Bonus if it can record sound playing internally (like capturing streaming audio into a file).

Thanks!

I'm FAR from an expert on sound editing, but I do use a Mac. I'm quite happy with the free Audacity software that's available online.

I'm pretty sure it will do all of the things you asked about, but I'd love to hear from someone that has more experience with sound editing and Macs.

Mark

If you want to go a little serious...Logic Pro is a good piece of software I use to edit and import audio from external sources...GarageBand is a cheap, built-in one, but that doesn't mean is very cool and it does work. As for capturing streaming audio, WireTap Pro is the best thing yu'll every find for mac, I think. :)

-FCA

Back
Top Bottom