sorry, dumb question about pc brands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
my parents are thinking they might need to replace their pc. i've offered to let them have my old mac but especially with me not being there to help train, they said no thanks. :lol: the computer they have now is 5+ years old and even at the time was very mid-grade, didn't even have a wireless card on it.

anyway, it runs very slow now and they're thinking it might be time for an upgrade. does anyone have any suggestions for what brand to pick? they've got a dell and i'm not too impressed with them personally, i used to own an hp so i know what they're like, but i'm not sure what's the best brand for them.

thanks in advance :)

My suggestions would be between Sony, Lenovo, HP, and Dell. If it's a desktop, I'm not very familiar with Sony, who are known for their top of the line laptops. Sony will drive up a bill, though, they're good computers but more often than not they'll be more expensive than they're worth. Same applies to Lenovo.

You may not be impressed with a Dell, but them and HP are probably the most reliable. How a PC performs is dependant on how much you put into it though. We have a Dell Desktop here that was about $300-400 and it still functions great.

I was pleased with the Dell desktop I had. It lasted me a good .... oh, 5 years at least. I'm sure it would still be going strong if I had chosen to upgrade the innards instead of moving to a laptop.

I love my HP. It's like my 3rd one and I love the new Windows 7. It's a quad core, super fast, and the tower was only around $550.

Back
Top Bottom