Software to make good pictures from video clips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vjacqb

New Yorker
A city that experienced the February 2010 Blizzard
Hi, does anyone know of a free software I can use where I can make decent pictures from snapshots of a video clip?

I went to the US Open last weekend and took some videos. Now I want to make pictures out of some of the frames from the clips.

Thanks!!

Pause the screen, printscreen, paste in paint or another picture editing program. :)

Doesn't always work with WMP due to hardware acceleration, but as Liesje said VLC works a treat for this.

Remember the still is only going to be as good/sharp/clear as the quality of the video. I say that b/c I have some nice video of my dogs working but the still images are not the same as a good photograph. Not sure having a different/better program can do much about that.

Unfortunately you'll never get an image anywhere near the quality of a still photograph. You can play with a screen grab in photoshop, but still, you cant make a sharp photo out of a video grab. There just isnt enough information there. Of course, if you've got an extra $25000 burning a hole in your pocket, you can always invest in one of these bad boys ;)

Back
Top Bottom