software to convert mp4's to mp3's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
can anyone recommend a good, free software that converts mp4's to mp3's?

I'm using audio/video to exe. It converts nearly everything. + it's easy...you just have to choose your file and to what you want to convert it...

well, i have itunes, but i must be doing something wrong cuz i couldn't figure out how to get it to work?

every time i do that it says i can't convert copyrighted material?
i'm trying to convert my complete U2 so i can play it on my computer and add a couple songs to my website.

You can't use the converter in iTunes, if you purchased the songs from the iTunes store. I have yet to find a free converter for those files.

Can you burn them to an audio disc? If so, you can re-rip them as mp3 using something like CDex (freeware).

gabrielvox said:
ImToo

it does everything and a load of dirty dishes without balking

;)

I hope this works. Gonna download the free version. We too have m4p audio purchased from iTunes, and we'd like to burn a mix disc of songs. :grumpy:

That's why I dislike iTunes. You don't actually OWN the songs you buy. I prefer a physical disc. Maddy bought a song today & wants to put it on a CD mix, but can't, at least not at the moment :sigh:

EDITED: Well, that didn't work :grumpy: Downloaded the free trial version, put the songs into the list I wanted to convert,then it asks for my name & registration. So what are they offering for free if I can't convert anything :scratch: :angry:

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
EDITED: Well, that didn't work :grumpy: Downloaded the free trial version, put the songs into the list I wanted to convert,then it asks for my name & registration. So what are they offering for free if I can't convert anything :scratch: :angry:

pm and I'll help :whistle:

Lila64 said:

I hope this works. Gonna download the free version. We too have m4p audio purchased from iTunes, and we'd like to burn a mix disc of songs. :grumpy:

That's why I dislike iTunes. You don't actually OWN the songs you buy. I prefer a physical disc. Maddy bought a song today & wants to put it on a CD mix, but can't, at least not at the moment :sigh:

:scratch: You can burn songs you downloaded off of iTunes. It's actually a good way to remove the copy protection from the file. If you burn it, then re-import it into iTunes, the protection is gone.

When I go into Nero to add the file to the list, it said file type not supported (m4p). So I can't "add" it to the burn list. And it won't let me convert the song to MP3 in iTunes.

xavi :flirt:

We put the songs into a playlist, and burned the playlist. That worked, but it didn't solve the conversion thing. And xavi disappeared after a few PMs :shifty: :wink:

Were the files AAC after you burned them and re-imported them? Cause then you can convert them to mp3 in iTunes if you go into the preferences and make sure your importing file type is mp3, and right click on the files, and it should say Convert to mp3.

Back
Top Bottom