So, I think my laptop is ruined....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
When I went to turn it go online this morning to check my e-mail before work, I noticed my "s" key wasn't working. I started checking the others and found out my "a", "s" "d", "f", "j", "k", "l", and ": ;" are all not working. If I press them nothing happens. The rest are working fine. I took into Office Depot, which is where I got it, and the guy said they can't do anything to fix it. WTF?:scream: Now I have to use my mom's desktop, and I hate it. Is the guy at Office Depot right, or is he a moron like a lot of them are? Anyone have an idea about what might be wrong? Thanks in advance either way!:kiss:

So, just the keyboard isn't working? The trackpad and mouse buttons work? I would think all you need is a keyboard replacement. If it's still under warranty, you can get it replaced. The Office Depot guy probably doesn't know what he's talking about :lol:

What kind of laptop is it? I'm sure all you have to do is call their customer service line (provided the warranty is still good on it) and you'll have to send it in for service.

You know what, the same thing happened to me? I think maybe, a circuit has come loose so yeah, a replacement is in order for you unless it is under warranty or the little leads to those certain keys have degraded.

I thought the Microsoft keyboards were pretty reliable but apparently not. I just bought a new media keyboard for it and it cost me $59, but hey I have warranty and it should work.

I'm pretty rough on games and that kind of stuff as well so if a keyboard lasts me a year, that's pretty damn good.

Back
Top Bottom